e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
An updated design from Taiwan.

I must say I am impressed with the improvement in both design and quality. Much better.

IMG_0549-web.jpg

Rekindles that take-another-look feeling when you step away from the car. Thought I've lost that feeling for good for this old ride of mine.

IMG_0498-web-1.jpg

The original (OEM) rear light cluster had a smart wireless contact system. It does away with wiring. But it is prone to faulty contact and gives many 'rear light failure' warnings on the computer if the contact is faulty. At first I thought my bulb kept blowing, but it just required removing the cover to tighten the contact. Eventually it became annoying as the contact kept coming loose.

IMG_0382-web.jpg

IMG_0384-web.jpg

The wiring system of the new lights from Taiwan addressed this problem. No more false light failure messages caused by faulty contacts. And no more fumbling around the boot in the dark trying to get the brake light going again.

IMG_0381-web.jpg

jarance;641679 said:
+1 for a ride that is show room condition.

No lah brother. That compliment is undeserved. The car has picked up many dings and dents.

The new lights have given the car a fresh updated look, and I am really impressed. It looks even better in real life.

But now, I am reminded even more that a total body work and new paint job is seriously overdue. The lights are totally outshining the rest of the car's body condition. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I know this question is bound to come up, so I'll address it here.

Front and rear lights as a set, all in for way less than 2k. Very good value in my opinion, because the old OEM rear cluster alone cost me around rm600 iirc.

Lee36328;641682 said:
And I know this question is bound to come up, so I'll address it here.

Front and rear lights as a set, all in for way less than 2k. Very good value in my opinion, because the old OEM rear cluster alone cost me around rm600 iirc.

Master Lee, thanks for posting up the price. Can you also advise on where did you buy them? I'm keen on the rear lights la, not too happy with the faulty lights alert, cheers:)

climenta;641687 said:
Master Lee, thanks for posting up the price. Can you also advise on where did you buy them? I'm keen on the rear lights la, not too happy with the faulty lights alert, cheers:)

Yeah bro, the rear lights tend to annoy with it's false warnings.

The name of the place is already in the pictures. I took the photos in the shop. Can you spot it? :wink:

ICEMAN 13;641723 said:
time to get her some more stance ...a 18" perhaps ... a full set of B, kits etc etc

Aiyoh, the lights are already doing a good job providing the racun bro.

It really makes the aging paint job and bodywork nicks and dents stand out.

So, adding to the list...

1. new tires (Eagle F1 - two thumbs up!)
2. new B8 for the rear
3. service - I hear Mobil has a new lubricant, anyone tried it yet?
4. bodywork and paintwork
5. gearbox rebuild
etc, etc

The list has started to grow!

vinss bmw;642005 said:
Lee36328 bro, where can buy crystal signal light as ur pics there & the prices ?

Bro, read the thread several posts back. It has been answered already.

Car Mod Music Video

Ladies and gentlemen,

presenting, the first Lee36328 car mod music video production, "The Fountain of Youth - Rejuvenating the Chassis ."

Remember those struts tower reinforcement plates I had custom-made? Here's the video.

Enjoy.

[video=youtube;7GYs8u16LWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYs8u16LWU[/video]

Bro, just curious if the reinforcement plates actually needs to be welded? Mine was just bolted on without welding. I'm confused now...

pardypeople;642144 said:
Bro, just curious if the reinforcement plates actually needs to be welded? Mine was just bolted on without welding. I'm confused now...

Shock towers' reinforcement plates are usually just bolt on. Those that require welding (as far as I know) are the RTAB pocket, subframe, swaybar mounting tabs. Might have missed one or two but that's about it.

nice video bro lee~ i shall start my journey to upgrade my car's performance and strength

pardypeople;642144 said:

No need to weld, if not cracked yet. Mine has hairline cracks already.

2wenty6;642148 said:
Shock towers' reinforcement plates are usually just bolt on. Those that require welding (as far as I know) are the RTAB pocket, subframe, swaybar mounting tabs. Might have missed one or two but that's about it.

Agreed, see above.

vinss bmw;642198 said:
nice video bro lee~ i shall start my journey to upgrade my car's performance and strength

Thanks bro. You won't believe how nice the car feels after this mod.

Guys,

Don't be alarmed, in most cases, welding is not a must. However, the welder, an experienced guy, commented that this particular model, after a certain age, has weak points such as the struts tower.

This is especially so for cars with lowered and firmer suspension where the struts tower will be stressed even more as a result.

So for cars such as mine, and me being so hardcore, welding is eventually the best route.

Foaming does not even come close compared with the 'go kart' feeling that this mod gives me.

Now I gotta go get a new set of tires, mine botak already. :burnout:

Long live the e36 :rock:

Top Bottom