e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
frogstonez;572812 said:
Lee,

Need your assistant if you have experience this..My fuel indicator keep rising up after a drive lately..i know sumthing is wrong since usually the fuel indicator will be 1/2 a tank after 315-320km..now it's reach 370km++ ...while driving the indicator did reduce a bit but after turn on the ignition again the indicator rinse again..did hope for a miracle that the fuel rinse by itself but sadly that's not true :(
..could it be wiring problem?..could it be that the current not evenly distribute?(meter turun naik)..could it be intrument cluster problem?,..

Thanks.

Sounds like you might have an issue with the fuel float, which is in the fuel tank. There's two of them.

Have them checked, and replaced if necessary.

it is nothing serious. The e36 has two fuel indicator one at the left and right under the rear passengers seat. Its very likely the wire in either one is detached or loose. Just get someone to look at it and resolder the wire.

Lost my phone recently.

Got it replaced at Gardens Shopping Center. Parked in the middle of P2, full of security guards. Came out, fog lights stolen. I parked facing out, so the theft was in full view. Did not bother reporting/complaining/checking security camera, etc. Just chalked it to bad luck, and moved on.

Cost of replacing Nokia phone RM310.
Cost of replacing stolen fog lights - about the same as the phone.

I guess times are bad, and even e36 owners have resorted to this sort of behaviour. What can I say?

On a more positive note, planning some refurbishment of my car in the not too distant future. This should be fun.

Sorry to hear that. Indeed very sad but it is good that you are not too upset and move on. Things like this, no one can avoid when bad luck hit us. Be healthy and happy always :)

Your car have a beautiful color.

Yea cause easy to remove. Have to be careful these days cause a lot of E36 owners out there now.

:21:
John_Smith;601638 said:
Sorry to hear that. Foglights also ppl wanna steal... sigh.

Yeah, imagine that. Thx.

EuJax;601625 said:
Sorry to hear that. Indeed very sad but it is good that you are not too upset and move on. Things like this, no one can avoid when bad luck hit us. Be healthy and happy always :)

Your car have a beautiful color.

Thx. That pic was some time back. It's looking ready for a long overdue round of sprucing up soon. Some bodywork, new coat of paint, new headlights, rebuild the gearbox, new exhaust manifold... the list is starting to grow.

loafer;601721 said:
Yea cause easy to remove. Have to be careful these days cause a lot of E36 owners out there now.

Yeah, it seems that as the car depreciates, some of them fall into the hands of people who can afford the car but not the parts, so they steal. But since the price of maintenance and parts does not depreciate with the car, likely this type of owners will also not be owning the cars for long. Imagine trying to steal a gearbox when it gives out. :21:

Anyways, new foglights for the new year. :rock:

Times are bad bro... Some joker stole my original e36 M3 side door protector when I park car my car near Ming Tein Tmn Megah a couple of months back

few weeks ago my dog bit a person who jumped into my house gate ...could hear him screaming and dashing out in pain ...too late to give a chase ...

jaga jaga leyy ..even park in house also not soo safe these days

alipon@bmw;601791 said:
Times are bad bro... Some joker stole my original e36 M3 side door protector when I park car my car near Ming Tein Tmn Megah a couple of months back

Sorry to hear that. That's why I hesitate to install m3 side mirrors, etc. It would be too tempting for these buggers.

ICEMAN 13;601807 said:
few weeks ago my dog bit a person who jumped into my house gate ...could hear him screaming and dashing out in pain ...too late to give a chase ...

jaga jaga leyy ..even park in house also not soo safe these days

Good dog! Deserves a bone for its effort. And the bugger deserves to have his backside chewed off.

alipon@bmw;601791 said:

Damm! I better be careful, as much as I can, at where I park my car. I thought that nobody would give 2 hoots about my old junk...

John_Smith;601934 said:
Damm! I better be careful, as much as I can, at where I park my car. I thought that nobody would give 2 hoots about my old junk...

For this reason, I like to park my car either where I can see it, or where it is as central and in public view as possible. The trip to the Gardens was one incident where I got out of my routine because of non-regular event of replacing a lost phone. Figures.

On top of that, now I got to beware even when on the road.

I was in Taipan when the traffic stopped because a car was pulling out and someone in front wanted the space. The a queue soon formed behind that car.

A few seconds later, I felt a bump. The car behind bumped into me. Really? After stopping for so long? You could not even pay attention and control the car when traffic was not moving? What kind of a sap are you if you can bump into a car when traffic is stationery?

So, I came down and gave the guy a piece of my mind. Not for me, but for the benefit of other drivers in front of him in the future, just to make sure this lesson is retained in his barely functioning brain cells.

And this coming not long after a teenage driver crashed into my rear at the traffic lights. He claimed he lost the use of his brakes. More like the use of his brain, I think. Again, not paying attention. The father came, and tested the brakes; it was fine. My car was slightly dented in the corner, nothing broken. The Proton Saga looked like it hit a wall, smashed headlight, crumpled fenders, bumper dropped to the ground.

So guys, be careful out there, but sometimes, there's nothing you can do if the other driver is not paying attention.

That's why paint shop, body shop all flourishing in Klang Valley, thanks to all those increasing morons on the road.. whom I sometimes guilty of.. :10:

Have given up on detailing the car as pretty soon, a spray job is inevitable.. its just a car.. :4:

astroboy;602235 said:
That's why paint shop, body shop all flourishing in Klang Valley, thanks to all those increasing morons on the road.. whom I sometimes guilty of.. :10:

Have given up on detailing the car as pretty soon, a spray job is inevitable.. its just a car.. :4:

Yes, as we know, polishing removes a fine layer of paint.

My paint is almost gone in some places, but man, the car still shines under the light especially after a wash! :21::21::21: :rock:

Lee36328;602248 said:
Yes, as we know, polishing removes a fine layer of paint.

My paint is almost gone in some places, but man, the car still shines under the light especially after a wash! :21::21::21: :rock:

What to do? Beauty in the eyes of the beholder.. same here.. I am waiting until the day no matter how I wash and polish, the car still looks like junk, then 1) respray the car, or 2) kasi jual! haha.. :4:

Chances are, I might still love the car even if its a rust bucket provided the drive feel remain, which I believe so..

Hi Lee, so what sort of makeover this time? Manual gearbox for better OMG WTF experience? Damn, remember those days when we were in your car tearing round part of the Ampang elevated highway.

Lee36328;601531 said:
Lost my phone recently.

Got it replaced at Gardens Shopping Center. Parked in the middle of P2, full of security guards. Came out, fog lights stolen. I parked facing out, so the theft was in full view. Did not bother reporting/complaining/checking security camera, etc. Just chalked it to bad luck, and moved on.

Cost of replacing Nokia phone RM310.
Cost of replacing stolen fog lights - about the same as the phone.

I guess times are bad, and even e36 owners have resorted to this sort of behaviour. What can I say?

On a more positive note, planning some refurbishment of my car in the not too distant future. This should be fun.

Agree with you bro, it is just a car... you should see the dents, scratches, paint chips on my car....
astroboy;602235 said:

flash;602294 said:
Hi Lee, so what sort of makeover this time? Manual gearbox for better OMG WTF experience? Damn, remember those days when we were in your car tearing round part of the Ampang elevated highway.

The list is long... and growing...

I can either wait until cash flow is better and go big bang, or do bit by itty bitty bit...

Hi Lee, ur car is still looking great, ...lately, i see your beauty quite often in Empire ;)

gong xi fa cai ...

Top Bottom