e34 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
morpheus5039;596602 said:
wa...why ur r134a so expensive one? i fill from empty only RM60 wo....
coz its M30 maa!...no laa,it's a joke..well price variant is a normal between workshop,at least for me, some parts or workmanship are cheaper at A compared with B and vice versa...I bought a 2nd hand wiper arm for RM20 while 1 forummer bought it for RM150!! don't be so calculative, or you may running here and there asking this how much, that how much..and people will get irritated and shoo you away!....that's what I tell myself laa..:wink:

...I did learn an important lesson from them, if your intention is to upgrade your e34 to more powerful engine, don't do it with 520..you need to change lot of parts..abs, subframe, wiring etc...

anakin;596651 said:
...I did learn an important lesson from them, if your intention is to upgrade your e34 to more powerful engine, don't do it with 520..you need to change lot of parts..abs, subframe, wiring etc...

This is REALLY TRUE!!! Totally agree.

anakin;596651 said:

bro.. kereta dah siap?

Boot Lift-O-Matic(the absorber) kong...bought oem ones 2 x RM60...DIY no labour charges.

mizhan;596727 said:
bro.. kereta dah siap?

Dah...nasib baik tak ikut pegi Kuala Selangor...lewat petang baru siap, few issue with screeching sound, sampai jalan Ipoh, patah balik....'test mode' laa sekarang...hopefully nothing major happen in the nearest time...tak sanggup laa bang...this time betul-betul besar punya koyak!!

Changed two front tires to Bridgestone Turanza AR10 195/65/15 91V. RM580.00

Rear tires coming to change soon.

Was advised to try Michelin Primacy LC 195/65/15 91V but RM60.00 each more.

First impression of the Bridgestone tires, quieter than XM1! Previously used Michelin XM1(was looking for XMV8 but the shop didn't have them at that time). Will try them out at full speed when all four are AR10s!

GOD...please, not again!!

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
pictures083.jpg

pictures082.jpg

pictures091.jpg

Happened yesterday, fan belt snapped while doing 200kmh on LPT....engine got overheated, the rest is history....
pictures095.jpg

pictures096.jpg

Starter would not crank with twist the key. Found due to weak relay.
Instead of spending 800 bucks for the new starter, Happy Motor suggested to add one relay to compensate - RM90.00
Also found leak fuel pipes near engine. Changed pipe and pipe clips. - RM84.00

Total damage to my pocket(plus tax and labor): RM216.40

for d last 4 months my car vibrate like hell during 80~90km/h . after do dis and do dat i decided to refurnish my wheels at shah alam tyres.
repair rim bengkok = RM85 x 3pieces
spray/polish = RM80 x 4 pieces
rr tyres 235/40/18 ALTENZO = RM300 x 2 pieces
on wheel banlancing = RM45 x 2
alignment = RM45
replace 2 broken center cone = RM45 x 2 pieces

dung dang dung dang kene la aku RM 1359.00
pas bwk vibrate mcm tu jgk . adoiii..

munkin rim tu tak sesuai dgn kereta cuba tukar rim lain tampa guna centre con. (swap dgn sy punya pun boleh )

try changing the thrust arm bushes. the problem you described fairly common on lowered e34 with 17 inch and above rims. much have been discussed on this problem/topic even on this forum.

replace front abs and front mouting.
Blistein abs b4 Rm 240 x 2 = Rm 440
front abs mouting Rm 220 x 2 = Rm 440
Dust cover Rm 8 x 2 = Rm 16
Stoper Rm 20 x 2= Rm 40
workman ship Rm 80. Total damage Rm 1016

Air cond kaput total damage Rm 1100 at naidu PJ
brand new h&r sport spring for E34 Rm 1100.

same problem when I drive my E34 long time ago

15" ori ~ vibrate at 80-90
16" Hartge ~ also same
17" RD ~ also same

Driver faster then vibration gone :D

Update

1)install H & R lowered spring.
2)Replace 2pcs front stablizer link rod and bushing.RM 110(parts only)
3)Replace 2pcs rear anti roll bar support.Rm 90(parts only)
4)Replace brake servo check valve Rm 92(parts only)
5)Replace Brake servo hoses Rm 110 (parts)
6)Replace front abs mouting top cover 2pcs Rm60(parts only)
Workmanship to install all the parts RM370

Total Damage Rm 832.:23:
Next thing need to replace soon....
2pcs front brake disc and brakepad(need opinion which brand better)
2pcs rear brake disc and brake pad
all under carriage bushing.

the difference before and after install the h&r lowered spring.front will down about 20-30 mm rear 10-15mm.It need at least 2000km to running in the spring than u really can see the difference.just recently install,so the result still not at my expectation.But we will see soon..........

Top Bottom