Serviced my e46 !!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Adi,

This what we called Banyak Makan Wang but the Sheer Driving Pleasure of Ultimate Driving Machine is priceless:smokin:

initial m
i thought there's one at nusa bestari?
i saw the ads beside the road.

jc@;516447 said:
initial m
i thought there's one at nusa bestari?
i saw the ads beside the road.

If that one is the M-One lar they got adv all over JB. No relation wt M-Speed.

E46 now are between 6-11 years old. So when you buy one, you should set aside about RM10k to change whatever wear and tear parts, ie absorbers, tyres, cooling system eg radiator, hoses, thermostat, water pump etc. Then you should be able to enjoy your car for the next 4-5 years w/o much hassle, if u r lucky. But you definitely did the right thing. BMWs are not cheap to maintain, but would you rather drive a new Civic or Accord?

To be really inspired read Initial M's thread.

Let me guess you just bought this car 2nd hand. Yeah, I agree, you always need to set aside RM 15K to RM 20 K to fix the car when u buy it 2nd hand. Same thing happened to me and its been 1 year, the problems are reducing to 1 or 2 more to be fixed.

But its such a nice car to drie.

Terry

anxious;516460 said:
E46 now are between 6-11 years old. So when you buy one, you should set aside about RM10k to change whatever wear and tear parts, ie absorbers, tyres, cooling system eg radiator, hoses, thermostat, water pump etc. Then you should be able to enjoy your car for the next 4-5 years w/o much hassle, if u r lucky. But you definitely did the right thing. BMWs are not cheap to maintain, but would you rather drive a new Civic or Accord?

To be really inspired read Initial M's thread.

hahaha some time it's scary to see all the receipts. For me E46 & E39 is the last 3 & 5 series BMW I ever own. The newer model are more headache to maintain & damn expensive too esp the electronic. Yeah sometimes feel not durable too. But what to do other cars doesn't give the same feeling. For now hv to think for other commitment too:smokin:

moral of the story, sell yor problem to others and get another ride.
repeat the first step all the time.
haha....joking

terry8;517089 said:
Let me guess you just bought this car 2nd hand. Yeah, I agree, you always need to set aside RM 15K to RM 20 K to fix the car when u buy it 2nd hand. Same thing happened to me and its been 1 year, the problems are reducing to 1 or 2 more to be fixed.

But its such a nice car to drie.

Terry

But what if you've scrounged for the price of the car itself...and there's nothing left to 'set aside'?

Must sell backside ka :D

Once you settled the maintenance & wear & tear the car will be like brand new.
Wait.... repairs & maintenance never ends. Hey sometimes newer car oso need to repairs which is more frustrating.

It's a bit scary to read this thread as I just received my 2nd hand e46 yesterday. Washed and cleaned the car myself and realised that the clip on one of the wiper gave way, washer is not working and the interior lights also not working. Thinking of sending the car for a complete checkup this week. But, having read this, I might have to wait for a few months as my bank acc. is currently QUITE DRY. :42:

Bro Adichenko, 10K to do that much is very reasonable. Many Korean cars cost more, trust me I have seen enough of them.
Just wondering what exactly what software was updated for RM200 ? Also what brand and model of the shocks you changed to.
Your car should ride like a real UDM now. You should take good care of your transmission too with frequent change of ATF , I do that every 30-40K.

BTW which model/engine is your E46.

e46_UDM;517192 said:
It's a bit scary to read this thread as I just received my 2nd hand e46 yesterday. Washed and cleaned the car myself and realised that the clip on one of the wiper gave way, washer is not working and the interior lights also not working. Thinking of sending the car for a complete checkup this week. But, having read this, I might have to wait for a few months as my bank acc. is currently QUITE DRY. :42:

Learn to DIY if you love your car. :rock:

The washer pump have a tendency to breakdown because of the non filter for the reservoir tank. Debris tend to get into the tank during topping up. it will cause the pump to sieze.

You can try to removed it and clean it but chances is that you have to changed it.

When I got my car, i spent about 3K during the first month of ownership to get it to good running condition. it been 1 years now and I have not have any major problem. Just pay RM70 for oil change (using my own oil) and filter.

e46_UDM;517192 said:

sometimes the washer is only a simple fix...sometimes the pipe to the jet fall off. check under the sound insulation if you still hear the pump working when you turn it on which means the pump is still working.

Quick question, do I need to make an appointment with the M-Speed in USJ before sending my car for serving? I planned to have a complete check up on my 'newly' bought 2nd hand e46 sometime next month. If yes, could anyone kindly provide me with the phone no and the contact person. Thx a million. Hopefully it will no cost me RM10K for my first ever experience in servicing my UDM. :42:

adichenko;491923 said:
Just service my e46 recently at M Speed... huhuhu...

Here is what i service :-

3. Lower Control Arm, Bush + Labour = RM 1450

when only need to replace the control arm?
do you change only the bushing or the whole arm?

jarance;517208 said:
Learn to DIY if you love your car. :rock:

The washer pump have a tendency to breakdown because of the non filter for the reservoir tank. Debris tend to get into the tank during topping up. it will cause the pump to sieze.

You can try to removed it and clean it but chances is that you have to changed it.

When I got my car, i spent about 3K during the first month of ownership to get it to good running condition. it been 1 years now and I have not have any major problem. Just pay RM70 for oil change (using my own oil) and filter.

You never mentioned the "Mandi Bunga" part?:rolleyes:

jc@;518062 said:
adichenko;491923 said:
Just service my e46 recently at M Speed... huhuhu...

Here is what i service :-

3. Lower Control Arm, Bush + Labour = RM 1450

when only need to replace the control arm?
do you change only the bushing or the whole arm?

For E46 it is advisable to change the whole lower arm complete wt bush & ball joint.
Coz if the ball joint kaput u hv to change the whole part as the arm is made of aluminium which the ball joint only, cant be romoved/replaced

Remember another thing to get ready for replacement, ASC controller...got mine "kaput" recently RM 4000...fuh..

If you can DIY youself, you will save a lot..
For me, If you want to maintain your car like a brand new , you should go for overall repair and parts replace that cost very high. We can say that Preventive Maintenance.
If you want cheaper , you only change necessary parts. The rest will change after damage or breakdown. But its not adviseable because you will having a lots of problem. Unlessyou ready for it.

After owning my first e46 (CBU MSport 2003) for two weeks, I decided to send in my UDM to MSpeed USJ for a full 'medical checkup' at 92K mileage. Here's the diagnostic results... (BTW, thanks X Benz for accompany me the entire day at the MSpeed and also brought me to his friend's tyre shop in Shah Alam to change 2pcs of PS3 tyres.)

1] 1pc oil sump gasket + labour RM 250
2] 1 set valve cover gasket + labour RM 350
3] 1pc brake vacumn pump + labour RM1100
4] 4pc ignition coil (RM160@) RM 640
5] 1pc timing sensor + labour RM 400
6] 1 set pressure pump, vent hose, return pipe, vent pipe + labour RM 650
7] 1pc valve cover cup + labour RM 40
8] 1pc air flow bellow RM 185
9] 1pc sotong hose + labour RM 380
10] 2pc BMW coolant RM 70
11] 1pc fuel pump RM 520
12] 1pc petrol filter RM 180
13] 1set lower arm bush RM 350
14] 1set absorber, absorber mounting, absorber cover, absorber demper + labour RM1700
15] 1pc washer motor RM 70
16] 1pc Delkor battery din 85 RM 500
17] 1pc software update RM 200

Total = RM7585.00 (free gift == 1 set of borsh wiper and priceless experience and knowledge) For some of the items listed above, I hv completely no idea what there are?
According to Ah Meng, this car should last me for another 100K km....

Adichenko, now I know how you feel when you received the bill from Ah Meng. :) / :-(

on top of that, I also changed two of my tyres to michelin PS3 225/45/R17. Here we go again...
1] 2pc Michelin PS3 225/45/17 RM1020
2] 4pc steel valve (RM8@) RM 32
3] wheel alignment and camber adjustment RM 100

Total = RM1152 (free gift = a bottle of mineral water) Credits to X Benz for helping me nego the price.

So.... today I paid RM 8737.00 as the tuition fee to learn about my UDM. (as pointed out by one of my friend who is also a forumner here, owning a UDM is a "pay and learn" process). Does it worth it? It's priceless....

Top Bottom