e34 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
prime5;657177 said:
its about time for me to change my absober..thinking of lowering my ride too..what absober would u guys suggest that's good for lowered e34?n how much is it cost?
oh and u guys know anywhere to get cheap2 lowered spring?mine is m20b20.tq
I'm using standard absorber jer bro...ok je..

recently car overheating..so, do top overhaul and other wear n tear

1. top over hole gasket rm438
2. head gasket 0.3 rm200
3. skim cylinder head rm70
4. axcurator cable rm150
5.brake servo valve rm35
6. brake servo hose rm68
7. workmanship rm700
8. upper arm bush rm156 (2 pcs)
9.pump bush rm40
10. bmw coolant rm38
11. abs rear (Boge) rm484 (2 pcs)
12.spring pad rm76 (2 pcs)
13. abs damper rear rm56 (2 pcs)
14. engine oil cap rm20

duit abis repair bmw = rm2531 :banghead:
feel good drivg bmw = priceless...:rock:

shah7710;660180 said:
9.pump bush rm40
You bought the bush and pumped it into the arms? So you are using the old upper arms?

anakin;660240 said:
You bought the bush and pumped it into the arms? So you are using the old upper arms?

dont know la bro..i leave it to albert to replace those bushes..now, comfort gler!

Anyone here know how to replace the meter gear? Its an E34 M20b20...:wink:

The meter...

pictures790.jpg

pictures791.jpg

The replacement gear...
pictures792.jpg

...dismantle everything...found out no broken gear inside, yet it won't move..my DIY always bring me nowhere...seesh..:hmmmm::hmmmm:

anakin;664098 said:
...dismantle everything...found out no broken gear inside, yet it won't move..my DIY always bring me nowhere...seesh..:hmmmm::hmmmm:
bro,

i wud suggest you check the milelage counter is moving b4 u taking out the gears. try moving the outer black gear up and down. the counter should change easily. probably the wring gears were used previously. i know tht theres 2 type of gears for 2 type of meters.

service the car yesterday:

penzoil 4L 10w40 rm184 (2 bottle)
filter rm18
workmanship rm45

total rm247

personally i think it is a reasonable price bcoz i also requested the mech to clean the black box connectd to trans dme and reset the error memory.

skinhead;664144 said:
bought new dinn66 MF battery today, rm310 dar@##$%@%^ xpensiv nowadays...

got mine at 295..............home delivered + installed....refer next time to GP billboard :wink:

anakin;660240 said:

Can be reuse as long as the upper arm is not bent and the ball joint on the other side still intact.

shah7710;660180 said:

Can use the 750 bushing from E32, to differentiate the bushing from E34, look at the plastic clip on the bushing, if blue color (E34), light green color (750).
You will get a tighter and firmer feel when using the 750 bushing, and they are more durable than E34 bushings as they were design to take heavier load from E32 under braking.

BMW part number for 750 bushing: 31 12 1 136 607

Happy Malaysia Day guys!!..
Spend my day washing her...still very much love her...
like I want to keep her forever!

pictures104.jpg

pictures102.jpg

pictures101.jpg

my youngest son watching..
pictures097.jpg

with a bucket of water & ONR...
pictures105.jpg

Thanks Vixx..don't you think she deserved to be treated better than this...a coat of new paint perhaps...but you know laa, after the whole bloody things happened, I'm not so sure now....

oh yeah she more thn deserve. i hear you bro....sabar and you will get ther

Guys...maybe some of you think that I treat this thread like my own..well part of it,its true....simply because lot of E34 members in this forum dowan to share what they did with their E34..we got V8s, we got M5,we even got turbos...but I do feel that it is still relevant especially to newbies like I was once...so please, let update this thread...:wink:

Well..it me again...oil changed..Saturday 1/10/2011
IMG_4565.jpg

using Petronas Syntium 800..
IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

just love this picture..
IMG_4558.jpg

Top Bottom