320i vs 320d??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
langatian;820516 said:
only a minor drawback from 320d;
- sour smell exhaust (fermented durian smell) due to bio-diesel maybe.. not ever try pure diesel yet.

Oops then 320d is not for those who dislikes durian.

erman6600;820220 said:
From spec sheet it shown the power between 320i and 320dd almost same, but 320d have more torque then 320i and top speed shown 320i i batter then 320d. From racechip also shown that 320d will gain more power then 320i if we using piggyback. Is there no chance for 320i to gain power same like 320d?

To understand why 320d top speed is less, check out the torque curve. The max torque is only available at 1,750 to 2,750rpm. 320i's max torque is available up to 4,500rpm.

From a standing start u'l feel the 320d is more muscular. However 320i is slightly more responsive when overtaking at cruising speed >80kmh.

320D is fun for its low end torque and u never feel underpower for acceleration .. for smell , whether i or d the smell is not good for ur health , always get everyone in the car before u start ur engine .

Petrol and diesel engines are different... They burn differently so the power delivery characteristics are different.... U can't have the impression that it work like a petrol engine...

Thanks guys for all your valuable opinions.
I think I take the petrol since I like the responsiveness of it.

No doubt the deisel has more torque and power at low rpm. Thanks alot.

I think try everything once.....go for diesel becos you've been driving petrol all this time.

docrayboy;820632 said:
I think try everything once.....go for diesel becos you've been driving petrol all this time.

I agree with bro docrayboy. We must try everything once in out life. If we don't try, we won't know. Tukar

splee;820644 said:
I agree with bro docrayboy. We must try everything once in out life. If we don't try, we won't know. Tukar

hahaha..... Yes, belum cuba, belum tau... Sudah cuba hari hari mau.. :p

Oooops...

I was smiling all the way up to Genting the other day with a 320d. Not sure how easy to do the same with a 320i. In addition, if you travel outstation often (eg Penang or JB) when you arrive at your destination, you will also be grinning when you look at the fuel gauge. Upgrade path for diesel is the power kit from BMW which will ensure your warranty is intact, but of course its the not cheapest solution compared to other 3rd party chip solutions. Test drive both for a longer distance, the only downside of 320D is that cabin noise is a bit higher when stationary.

langatian;820516 said:
only a minor drawback from 320d;
- sour smell exhaust (fermented durian smell) due to bio-diesel maybe.. not ever try pure diesel yet.

like driving a lori durian hihihi cabuutzzz :vroam:

Those who are more adventurous should try the 320d. No risk no gain. Those who are more kiasi (takut mati) go for 320i

Every time we spend time with a BMW 3-series, especially if it’s the miracle-working 320d, sooner or later someone falls to wondering out loud whether this isn’t the best saloon car in the world. And despite the received wisdom that the best car in the world is much bigger and much, much more expensive, there’s usually plenty of support for the idea.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/top-12-cars-2012-bmw-320d

docrayboy... nice article!

Totally no regrets getting a 320d... I dont care what people say or the resale value. The drive is simply superb and yes, after using petrol all these years, it certainly feels good that I dont need to visit a petrol station every week.. :burnout:

Plug in the Performance Power Kit, lagi Best!

Thils74;820928 said:
docrayboy... nice article!

Totally no regrets getting a 320d... I dont care what people say or the resale value. The drive is simply superb and yes, after using petrol all these years, it certainly feels good that I dont need to visit a petrol station every week.. :burnout:

yup!! am waiting to do that.... tapi mahal! so must save up some money first...

The guys at AB Glenmarie already keep asking me to get it..

Initially i was also in dilemma to whether to go for diesel last year. Since then, I have added a 2nd diesel vehicle to my stable. No regrets! Ask your fellow friends in Europe.

If you think diesel engine is noisy, try driving above 130km/h and compare 320i with 320d.

Top Bottom