1. Brake rotor, pad and sensor
2. Engine mounting
3. Water hoses
4. Radiator and expansion tank
5. Absorbers front and rear
6. Wish bone front (left and right)
7. Tension strut (left and right)
8. ?

Preventive Maintenance (interval 10k or so)
1. Engine oil change c/w oil filter replacement
2. Check tyres balancing & alignment

Preventive Maintenance (interval 60k or so)
1. ATF & filter replacement
2. Clutch Plate (only for manual gearbox)
3. Petrol filter (only non diesel car)
4. Spark plugs & ignition coils ( non diesel car)
5. Break fluid service ?
6. Microfilter replacement ?

Dont change BSRI items for the sake of changing. I changed my wiper and now it make funny noise wiping the raindrops.

By the way, where do you send your card for services after BSRI? Any good recommendations? At what intervals?

bash;702217 said:
Dont change BSRI items for the sake of changing. I changed my wiper and now it make funny noise wiping the raindrops.
By the way, where do you send your card for services after BSRI? Any good recommendations? At what intervals?

Would you mind sharing with us what do you meant by "don't change BSRI items for the sake of changing"? Your wiper making noise is probably due to scratches/dirty/oily windscreen. To get rid of the noise, try polishing your windscreen with glass polish.

bash;702217 said:

Don't sound logic to me...isn't new parts better than used..assuming they are not defective..

You can send to the abundant workshops around. Can try obermaier in Damansara....couple of friends visit them. You can instruct the workshops to follow the service interval that you are comfortable with...such as following the BMW preventive maintenance schedule.

racheltoh;701755 said:
On my last service, this is what I paid for:
Labor:
Service - rm30
Brake fluid service - rm60
Engine Oil service - rm45
Microfilter service - rm15

Consumables:
Filt Element - rm66.27
Cleaner - rm11.31
Filter - rm282.27
Brake fluid - rm48.17
Syntium 3000 - rm617.50 (6.5 L used)

did u get to keep the synthium 3000?

whymahn, i dont think Ingress Auto is using those bottle packaging. Theirs come in the drums. Anyway i give them the benefit of doubt.

in my last visit to bmw service centre, i tld the guy to change my wiper. the wiper rubbers has been more than a year and changing it would be a clever thing to do, i think. moreso at bmw expense. the wipers were funtioning okay...well with a bit streakiness. they change it and i didnt test it rigt away...what to test, its wiper after all (so i tot).went back and whenit rains a few days later, the wiper was screeching over the glass. i have tried polishing but no change. a mechanic fren told me it takes time...

racheltoh;701755 said:
On my last service, this is what I paid for:
Labor:
Service - rm30
Brake fluid service - rm60
Engine Oil service - rm45
Microfilter service - rm15

Consumables:
Filt Element - rm66.27
Cleaner - rm11.31
Filter - rm282.27
Brake fluid - rm48.17
Syntium 3000 - rm617.50 (6.5 L used)

Where did you send your car, Rach?

muhaiminrahim;701767 said:
Feel free to add/ edit this list :4:

Condition Base Service
1. Brake rotor, pad and sensor
2. Engine mounting
3. Water hoses
4. Radiator and expansion tank
5. Absorbers front and rear
6. Wish bone front (left and right)
7. Tension strut (left and right)
8. ?

Preventive Maintenance (interval 10k or so)
1. Engine oil change c/w oil filter replacement
2. Check tyres balancing & alignment

Preventive Maintenance (interval 60k or so)
1. ATF & filter replacement
2. Clutch Plate (only for manual gearbox)
3. Petrol filter (only non diesel car)
4. Spark plugs & ignition coils ( non diesel car)
5. Break fluid service ?
6. Microfilter replacement ?

Can remember under BSRI the change spark plugs ? Any idea whether they change for us under BSRI ? At what interval we should change ?

bash;705270 said:
in my last visit to bmw service centre, i tld the guy to change my wiper. the wiper rubbers has been more than a year and changing it would be a clever thing to do, i think. moreso at bmw expense. the wipers were funtioning okay...well with a bit streakiness. they change it and i didnt test it rigt away...what to test, its wiper after all (so i tot).went back and whenit rains a few days later, the wiper was screeching over the glass. i have tried polishing but no change. a mechanic fren told me it takes time...

Hi Bash,

Ingress replaces wipers regardless of their condition during every oil change. I was told by my service advisor. Has been working well for me.

Cheers

DieSel;705788 said:
Hi Bash,

Ingress replaces wipers regardless of their condition during every oil change. I was told by my service advisor. Has been working well for me.

Cheers

My last BSRI this month as my car haven't cross the 60k mileage yet. Yup i concur the above. They changed my wiper blade during my oil change as advised by my SA. That's very nice as well.

Oil change, oil filter, micro filter change, wiper change, as well as full inspection...

Sigh... going to miss this BSRI thingy .... unless I get myself one of those models with 5 years BSRI! :top:

I wonder is there such an option to pay a little sum of money and get the BSRI extended?

namidub;707586 said:
I wonder is there such an option to pay a little sum of money and get the BSRI extended?

there is that option according to my SA the last time I checked, but the sum is not little :rolleyes:

namidub;707586 said:

Bro Namidub,

I have got a quotation to extend the BSRI. First they do a search using our chassis and engine numbers. Price differs from one car to the other. I was quoted the max. That's about RM7000+. Ask your service advisor. Good luck.

Cheers.

DieSel;707985 said:
Bro Namidub,

I have got a quotation to extend the BSRI. First they do a search using our chassis and engine numbers. Price differs from one car to the other. I was quoted the max. That's about RM7000+. Ask your service advisor. Good luck.

Cheers.

bro DieSel, how about the duration of the extended BSRI? 3years?

muhaiminrahim;707990 said:
bro DieSel, how about the duration of the extended BSRI? 3years?

Hi Bro Muhaiminrahim,

Not very sure of the duration, but if not mistaken it will take the coverage to how the new cars are covered at the moment. There were several conditions though. It is best to check with your dealer as the coverage varies from car to car.

Cheerz!

Top Bottom