BSRI & Warranty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
with the upcoming local production of the VW Passat (small engine high output), I might move over to the other side :)

racheltoh;605350 said:
Lexus ct200h is yummy..
Rachel

Somehow I doubt the yummy part with the CT200H...... even though its a lexus which in a reality a glorified Prius... Never tested one but the review has been poor on this thing although the interior looks nice to be in...

BTW, is CT200H ... 5 yrs too?

bimmerdude;605359 said:
with the upcoming local production of the VW Passat (small engine high output), I might move over to the other side :)

Do you know which engine they putting into this local version? If its the boring basic previous gen engine...habis la.... kalu diesel and DSG....diff story mate.....

racheltoh;605350 said:
Lexus ct200h is yummy..

2011-lexus-ct-200h-f-sport-concept-side-view.jpg

All hybrid vehicles are made with improved FC, reduce carbon footprint in mind, to achieve this, a big short cut is taken in the noise damping department to lighten the vehicle to gain fuel economy, and a lot of cheapo plastic is used in the cabin..

If u r not an eco warrior and fuel economy is not your priority, look elsewhere..

astroboy;605422 said:
2011-lexus-ct-200h-f-sport-concept-side-view.jpg

All hybrid vehicles are made with improved FC, reduce carbon footprint in mind, to achieve this, a big short cut is taken in the noise damping department to lighten the vehicle to gain fuel economy, and a lot of cheapo plastic is used in the cabin..

If u r not an eco warrior and fuel economy is not your priority, look elsewhere..

errr..looks like a honda civic old model. not my cup of tea.

gamenoob;605398 said:
Do you know which engine they putting into this local version? If its the boring basic previous gen engine...habis la.... kalu diesel and DSG....diff story mate.....

according to the news report, its going to be the 2011 models.. TSI and Turbo diesels.

Anyone know ar if my warranty habis by a few months already would the Authorised dealers be kind enough to 'close one eye' for a part failure/replacement?

bimmerdude;605496 said:
Anyone know ar if my warranty habis by a few months already would the Authorised dealers be kind enough to 'close one eye' for a part failure/replacement?

There's such thing called Goodwill Warranty and its case to case basis.

bimmerdude;605490 said:
according to the news report, its going to be the 2011 models.. TSI and Turbo diesels.

Now i m driving a 2.5L car. Next upgrade should be a higher cc car or eco car. The earlier will be impossible cos price will be very high (car price , road tax, etc). Everyone going green...ehhehehe

bimmerdude;605359 said:

Bro, I guarantee that when you're presented with a 5-figure repair estimate for your current ride (like I was for my E36) you'll swear, say "never again", and look at the other side which offers 5-year warranties. :4:

racheltoh;605538 said:
Now i m driving a 2.5L car. Next upgrade should be a higher cc car or eco car. The earlier will be impossible cos price will be very high (car price , road tax, etc). Everyone going green...ehhehehe

green is NOT cheap:) Do it the VW way. 1.8litre and turbocharged :)

astroboy;605520 said:
There's such thing called Goodwill Warranty and its case to case basis.

For big ticket items, it'll more likely be a big discount, but you'll still have to stump 60-80% of it.

Schwepps;605572 said:
Bro, I guarantee that when you're presented with a 5-figure repair estimate for your current ride (like I was for my E36) you'll swear, say "never again", and look at the other side which offers 5-year warranties. :4:

depends on how my current ride behaves. Already paid for it might as well enjoy it while it lasts. The question is, would i buy ANOTHER bmw?

Schwepps;605574 said:
For big ticket items, it'll more likely be a big discount, but you'll still have to stump 60-80% of it.

well, SA suspects my water pump has a small leak. Is it repairable or has to be replaced?

A water pump is a cheap component and these things will fail after a few years. Ask what's the replacement cost and try for a goodwill claim. Your SA or SC? An SA is a Sales Advisor.

Schwepps;605589 said:
A water pump is a cheap component and these things will fail after a few years. Ask what's the replacement cost and try for a goodwill claim. Your SA or SC? An SA is a Sales Advisor.

Define 'cheap'.
I meant the service center. Always thought SA meant Service Adviser :)

Top Bottom