What happens next when BSRI ends?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DieSel

Club Guest
Folks,Like me, there will be many buddies out there with their BSRI ending or has already ended. Please share how are you servicing your rides. Do you still go to the authorized service centers? How much are you paying for and for what? If not, where else are you sending your rides to be serviced? Many thanks for sharing your experiences. These valuable experiences will help all of us continue maintaining our rides and enjoy the Bimmer experience for a long long time.Cheerz!:rock:

Good question. My BSRI just ended this week. Not too sure where to send my car outside authorised service centers so probably will stick to Ingress for the next few service.

After my BSRI ended, I still / am going back to authorized centres. Mine is at Ingress. Sometimes, its good to be loyal!
Normal blackoil change for my car is about rm800+ and my service interval is 10,000km which I opt for.

2 years warranty ended here too DieSel day before yesterday! BSRI 60,000km is 1,000km away...gonna send her into Quill PJ for one last free service.....what do you recommend I change, guys? Brake discs is covered? Clutch pads?

docrayboy;701552 said:
2 years warranty ended here too DieSel day before yesterday! BSRI 60,000km is 1,000km away...gonna send her into Quill PJ for one last free service.....what do you recommend I change, guys? Brake discs is covered? Clutch pads?

Request for replacement of :-

1. front & rear disc rotors, brake pads & sensors,
2. engine & gear box mountings
3. all water hoses
4. radiator & expansion tank
5. front & rear absorbers
6. front wish bone (left & right), tension strut (left & right)

racheltoh;701538 said:
After my BSRI ended, I still / am going back to authorized centres. Mine is at Ingress. Sometimes, its good to be loyal!
Normal blackoil change for my car is about rm800+ and my service interval is 10,000km which I opt for.
Rachel,
Thanks for sharing but RM 800+ for a normal oil change does not sound like a good value?

herbert;701562 said:
Request for replacement of :-

1. front & rear disc rotors, brake pads & sensors,
2. engine & gear box mountings
3. all water hoses
4. radiator & expansion tank
5. front & rear absorbers
6. front wish bone (left & right), tension strut (left & right)

Wow... thanks Herb! That's a long list-sure they are covered by BSRI?

I am pretty sure that BSRI covers these items as said items are quite prone to failures around 60k to 80k km especially so for rempit kakis. The question is how do one evaluate the current conditions of these items to justify for replacement? I believe you need to have a chit chat session with your SA and seek his advice.

i think in this case,have to rempit more frequent lah to make sure every possible items covered under BSRI to be replaced !

namidub;701578 said:
i think in this case,have to rempit more frequent lah to make sure every possible items covered under BSRI to be replaced !

That is the whole purpose of having BSRI & being a German designed, engineered and performance car, what a waste of depreciation $$ when you don't do (rempit) what it is designed to do.

herbert;701594 said:
That is the whole purpose of having BSRI & being a German designed, engineered and performance car, what a waste of depreciation $$ when you don't do (rempit) what it is designed to do.

thats why i rempitted most of the time (when traveling alone up and down shah alam-kerteh)
just that i think i need to rempit ALL the time la after this. hehehe

But how are u going to ask them to replace the long list??? esp if there are no apparent wear and tear on them???

agree...considering the engine oil for N52B25 is about 7l, the Castrol Edge Sport 0w-40 2 bottles about RM400. Oil Filter - RM50? and i normally do mine at my regular tyre shop which labour costs me rm10...so total RM460...thats a RM340 savings!

Jerman;701563 said:
Rachel,
Thanks for sharing but RM 800+ for a normal oil change does not sound like a good value?

doc, your oil burner manual gearbox? if not then no 'clutch pad' to change...

docrayboy;701552 said:

the BSRI is based on CBS (condition based service), so you cannot just walk in and ask them to change all those things unless it is due...

willie;701629 said:
But how are u going to ask them to replace the long list??? esp if there are no apparent wear and tear on them???

Front and rear absorbers are not covered under BSRI unless its due to manufacturing defect.

Feel free to add/ edit this list :4:

Condition Base Service
1. Brake rotor, pad and sensor
2. Engine mounting
3. Water hoses
4. Radiator and expansion tank
5. Absorbers front and rear
6. Wish bone front (left and right)
7. Tension strut (left and right)
8. ?

Preventive Maintenance (interval 10k or so)
1. Engine oil change c/w oil filter replacement
2. Check tyres balancing & alignment

Preventive Maintenance (interval 60k or so)
1. ATF & filter replacement
2. Clutch Plate (only for manual gearbox)
3 Petrol filter (only non diesel car)
4. Spark plugs & ignition coils ( non diesel car)

All BSRI items are listed in your booklet. Other defects are covered under warranty within two years with unlimited mileage. Goodwil can go up to 3 yrs for mileage less than 100k, and it's case by case basis. No claims are identical...As per my understanding lor.....

muhaiminrahim;701710 said:
Feel free to add/ edit this list :4:

Preventive Maintenance (interval 10k or so)
1. Engine oil change c/w oil filter replacement
2. Check tyres balancing & alignment

Alignment and balancing every 5K instead at a reputable center doing proper job :top:

On my last service, this is what I paid for:
Labor:
Service - rm30
Brake fluid service - rm60
Engine Oil service - rm45
Microfilter service - rm15

Consumables:
Filt Element - rm66.27
Cleaner - rm11.31
Filter - rm282.27
Brake fluid - rm48.17
Syntium 3000 - rm617.50 (6.5 L used)