Simple mods needed for e90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

manu3116m

Club Guest
Hi everyone,I have just placed a booking for e90 with ABB for one of their CNY promos cars.... a titanium silver 325.Cant wait to get my hands on it.I am a newbie here...just posted a message into the newbie section as well.Live in Kelang Valley area. What are some of the simple mods I can easily do to get my car looking a bit different or nicer?Need a lot of sifu advise lahcheers:love: :listen:

Calling all the racun king.....

Someone here is looking at all the possible mods for his new ride.

Bro manu3116m, I would suggest the following exterior mods, prices are estimates only:

1) OEM Chrome Exhaust Tip, for a nice finish to the tailpipes: Price: ~RM350
2) Blacked Out Front Grills, for a subtle yet garang look. Price: ~RM400
3) ACS/Hamann Roof Spoiler, to accentuate the roofline: Price: ~RM400 for replicas (excl. paint)
4) OEM Blacklines, this will really set your ride apart from the rest. However, there are some who are divided on how it looks on a lighter-coloured car like the TiAg. Do a Google Image Search and you can make up your mind. Price: Special price of RM950 from Stuttgart Motorsports @ Taman Mayang, you have to trade-in your ori tail lamps. Just mention that you are from the forums and look for Ivan/Eddie.

Above items will only set you back just a shade over RM2k.

As your modding appetite grows, you can move on to the following :D

5) Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, a lowered E90 looks really nice: Price ~RM1200
6) Bodykits, many choices available - MTech, ACS, Hamann, Lumma etc.
7) Rims, 18" staggered seems to be the best bet for our pothole-ridden roads and is kinder on the wallet...

bro GHS, how mush lower is it from OEMs? like how many extra mm down? is the spring harder then stock? cuz i always travel on this stretch of road that really causes my cars' spring to bottom up, or like full travel....

Bro AlexNg, the Eibach Pro-Kits will lower the car between 25mm - 40mm (1.0" - 1.5"). To get a better idea, stock E90 height is about 4 fingers between the tyre and fender, after Eibachs it will be around 2 fingers.

Ride will be slightly firmer but I don't mind cos it's usually only me in the car most of the times :)

I am saving up for Carbon Fiber accessories like side mirror, roof spoiler, roof splitter (shark fin :D), front lip splitter, boot lips, B-pillar cover, kidney grill.... all to be Carbon Fiber to suite my Sapphire Black ride.. :D

Looking for ACS Aluminum Pedals too.. :D

Not cheap le.. :( Dunno where to source also.. :( All no hurry because it will be a long relationship with my E90... :D

GHS:

arrgghh.... my hands itchy and my backside itchy to get the E-PK already. have you compared it with the H&R Sport Springs? heard its kinda popular too.

and... how bout those rims?

Hope to get this soon... :D

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16873

Interior003_hug1.JPG

Its good to see you are starting your ownership of your E90 very realistically. Myself, Energy and BMFive started with vows not to mod our E90s and save $$$. I broke it something like 3 months after, and Energy just slapped on a set of 18's 162's on his E90 after about 1 month of ownership. I think BMFive is still holding steady... :p

Hehe... buy buy buy Alex.... :p
I haven't heard any forumers/members here who are using the H&R on E90. But there's one (I think beemers3) who was using ACS springs but family members complained too hard...

Rims... didn't go thru. Think I'll juz use the ori ones 1st for the time being ;)

E46Fanatic;282398 said:
Its good to see you are starting your ownership of your E90 very realistically. Myself, Energy and BMFive started with vows not to mod our E90s and save $$$. I broke it something like 3 months after, and Energy just slapped on a set of 18's 162's on his E90 after about 1 month of ownership. I think BMFive is still holding steady... :p

Yeah, bmFIVE is still holding steady as the other day I saw his car still on stock bone standard :wink: :wink:

AlexNg; the best choice of springs (not so expensive mod) is the eibach prokit. It gives you the look and comfort too. Others tend to give you a stiff ride. Unless you want to spend more, then you go for KW V2 or PSS2. Got good comments on this too but it is a bit expensive as compared to just eibach prokit and combination of Koni FSD absorbers.

GHS;282413 said:
Oh drilling needed... hmm...

CF Roof Spoiler can get it from Redzone or Motorsport Division in Sunway....

E90EX001_hug2.jpg

How much is the CF roof spoiler ah? hope no more than RM600..

Online price is £79.99 but dunno how to ship it in.. :(

Talk about lousy purchasing power for Ringgit... :(

GHS & DY:

SO the Eibach is the better choice la. eh DY, your ride up on the Meguiars website go check it out la. any other inexpensive mods (below 1k)? i like the alu pedals too but afraid its not suitable

Alex, why not suitable? All this are all time favorite mod of below RM1k la!! U have Titanium Trim dash ma... perfect fit! Don't worry about the tiny lobang u need to drill because once pasang the rubber back, no one will know got lobang inside.. :D The gas pedal a bit susah. Use plastic filler to fill it back la. No big deal ma.. :D

AlexNg;282446 said:
GHS & DY:

eh DY, your ride up on the Meguiars website go check it out la.

Oh yeah.... it look so nice. I mean those pictures are very well taken especially with nice camera and after the detailing work on my ride of course. Thanks to them :top:

Top Bottom