rattling and vibrating issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
HCL,

Time to write a letter to Head of Aftersales in both your dealer and BMW Malaysia. If you don't get a response within a week, you may want to escalate it to the MD and maybe a registered Letter of Demand.

hcl, Quill Automobiles is a BMW authorised dealer and SC. Their SC is at Jln Rajawali 1A, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Tel-80753071. Excellent waiting lounge upstairs.

Today I notice that my leather seats squeak and windows rattle after I've parked my car for two hours under the hot sun. I remember my friend's previous black E46 also had this same problem.....

wrote the letter to the aftersales director which Ennui 78 suggested...since wednesday, no reply. Perhaps I should give it another week.

after reading all this i guess it's quite common now for e90 to have this vibrating and rattling issues...i've been sending my e90 to IA for the 4th time now to solve some tapping or knocking sound coming from the left side of the dashboard but still the sound is still there.....i'm getting fed up and sick of the problem....
next week i'm sending it back again for the 5th time,hopefully it can be solve....
if only this is a cheap car then i couldn't be bothered by the noise....

My rattling sound was solved. As Schwepps mentioned, there was a 20 sen coin lodged in the air-con area (God knows how it got there) and IA took it out for me when I sent my car for service 2 days ago. :top:

That's good. Sliding sound must be coin wan. Any idea how they removed it? They said they couldn't even take off my ashtray cover without removing the whole centre console! :confused:

they did reply...wow! after....6 days ithink..they said AB glenmarie will be calling me soon, i doubt tahts going to happen..

They will call. If they don't, write again. They'll get so tired of you, they'll be so happy to fix the issue, if only it is to be rid of you for the moment. Haha. That's how I feel whenever I complain about the issues in my car. They fix things cos' can't wait to get me out of the place......

hahaha, i dont want to be a pain in the ass, but i guess if it worked for u , i ll defintiely give it a shot!

It's hardly a case of being a pain in someone's rear end as it is a matter of principle. You take my money and pass me a car that isn't up to par or remotely close to your Brand Image and Promise.... ? If I had a laissez-faire attitude to quality, I may be capable of accepting/withstanding a 250k lemon. Heck, I'd write it off. But this is not the case. If my appreciation or attitude towards cars was so lowly, I'd have bought something much cheaper.

This is not a question of being difficult about the car's problems...... some of these problems should not even exist in first place. They should not need to be addressed as some of the cars in question should not have even left the factory let alone sold to client!

well its true, Ennui78, it should of never happend, as a few fellow members here are also experiencing the same issues, why wasnt this prevented? or fixed, that is what I want to know. Can someone tell me, are most of the bmw models assembled in Malaysia ?

Yes, most of the higher volume 3s and 5s are assembled here. So was my present unit, which I must say has been perfect in every way from the start. So it's a matter of luck, but I think this rattling problem has only surfaced in the LCI units. Could be cost cutting by BMW introduced post-economic nose-dive. I do agree with Ennui that you should get loud about it.

3er and 4er made by Inokom @ Kulim Kedah, there's an INOKOM sticker on e driver door.

haf managed to rectify some of my rattling and squeaking issue @ IA.
did the teflon tape first, really din help much.
then did the door realignment, solved my leaking problem and also 90% sound gone.
still minor squeaks here and der prob from e center console & passenger doors.

also it seems they can also insulate the center console area's typically removing e m sports alu trim n insulate e back portion. also wind noise is apparent after 90km, not sure how they're goin to resolve this problem but i think most LCI haf this problem. will try to get it rectified in my upcoming 1st service. lastly wat i hate most is the whirling sound coming from the engine compartment wen u load n un-load e throttle. the sound is rather piercing like high frequency interference n it pierces thru the firewall

u haf to be patient to identify where e sound is coming & from there take a step by step approach to rectify it.
yeah its really cumbersome but in pursuit for perfection, haf to suffer abit eventho we paid heaps for a BMW.

if my nxt car is goin to b a luxury cruiser, i aint getting a beemer.
so prob no 3er or 5er, it wld be a merc w212,audi, lexus or my current fave, Porsche Cayenne S.
or opt for any CBU model if its still gonna be a BMW so really no more CKD BMW for me.

i feel u bro, i swear i wont step into another bimmer after this 1st & will be the last.
but the end of the day, i simply cannot rule out the handling + performance which is top-notch.

Having the car for 3 years, the rattling and vibrating issue has never solved. And you know what, I have even wrote to German and they still do nothing and the problems still came FREE with the car! Dear 3 series E90 owner with this problem, accept the truth that BMW Malaysia is not rectifying the problem.

if is an material problem that doesn't suitable to our weather here, why this problem only happen to certain E90 but not all E90? Applying teflon tape is just an temporary solution to the problem. There's a few members here start complaining this issue since 2007 and till now.... NO SOLUTION!

OUR LOCAL MADE CAR OR ANY JAP CAR DOESN'T COME WITH THIS PROBLEM, but the company that founded since 1916 with F1 involvement, more than million cars manufactured, have this issue.

BOLEHLAND money easy to make lah....

Has this problem really been around since 2007? I don't recall seeing it in this forum, and I've been around since 2006. If so, I thank my lucky stars then!

Schwepps;490644 said:
Has this problem really been around since 2007? I don't recall seeing it in this forum, and I've been around since 2006. If so, I thank my lucky stars then!

Yes it has been here since then and some of them don't bother to post it into the forum here. I guess yours and mine are consider one of those lucky ones :wink:

E60fanster, mine had the same issue wind sound after 90kmh, i told them abt it
so they did the door alignment 2 days back while i send it for service

somehow seems to be better abit, not so loud i think, or maybe placebo effect.....

Top Bottom