rattling and vibrating issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sent my car to AB Sg.Besi to rectify the rattling sounds and i'm quite happy with the result. 90% of the rattling is gone...unfortunately there is still about 10%. Should I accept it or make a complain again ?

Anyway, I'm facing another problem here.

I can hear always this metal sliding on plastic......its coming from the front ashtray. At first i thought it came from the coins that i put in the ashtray...but after removing everything in the ashtray.....i can still hear the metal sliding sound everytime i take a right or left corner.

Anyone experiencing this problem?

That IS a coin that has fallen in the front gap between the cover and the ashtray body. I had the same irritation when I filled the ashtray too full with coins. The only way to remove it is to remove the whole centre binnacle, which is not worth it. Wait for the coin to fall into a position where it doesn't slide around anymore. Try doing some hard lefts and rights, and I mean HARD. City cornering isn't going to do it. :D

hcl;478666 said:
hi gilajazz, well, the rattling didnt get worse, however, left door and back panel sometimes still makes a lot of sound when driving through uneven or rough roads, if u guys/girls want to meet up for a drink sometimes would be fine with me. HCL

HCL, my wife 320i Sport is having similar cracking noise at the back left and driver doors. When l first complained to AB Glenmarie, they redo all the door alignment by adjusting the two screws at the side of the doors. The back door noise subsided but not the driver door which is now unbearable! :eek:

PM me if you have the time, this rattling noise is crazy!

As i have said previously, the sounds which were made when i fisrt got the car is smething that was certainly not accetable. Now, i still do have sounds , however not as bad. I sitll have yet the time to take it back to get them to fix it before I do write a letter to someone that would care and take action for my disatisfaction.

HCL, our member Ennui78 will be posting pictures to show how the noise has been rectified for his bimmer. It is done by AB Penang professionally and l dont see why AB Glenmarie cant do the same. We are just one of the unfortunate ones having going through the pains to visit them again to fix the issue. Lets wait for our buddy Ennui78 to post the pics.

- Hayashi

I got the same reponse when I complain about the squeaking sound especially on both back doors. After insisting that it is not normal and it just dont sound like BMW car. They check and do something abotu it ( i didnt stick aroudn see waht they did and asked what they did) the sound goes away..after 3 weeks , it come back but the sound is not as irritating as before.
Should I ahve known that BMW authorise dealer going to response it is normal for all BMW cars to make that squeky sound even my 8 yeasr son think it is normal..out of frustration from the response..should have bought Audi..hehe

sealpg;484899 said:
I got the same reponse when I complain about the squeaking sound especially on both back doors. After insisting that it is not normal and it just dont sound like BMW car. They check and do something abotu it ( i didnt stick aroudn see waht they did and asked what they did) the sound goes away..after 3 weeks , it come back but the sound is not as irritating as before.
Should I ahve known that BMW authorise dealer going to response it is normal for all BMW cars to make that squeky sound even my 8 yeasr son think it is normal..out of frustration from the response..should have bought Audi..hehe

I found E90 great improvement vs my E46, but the door feel(the way it close, sound) is definitely not, though e46 also has the rubber rubbing noise. I can be remove by applying grease/leather seat treatment wax periodically, or u guys since bought it new, the teflon tape.

Wanted a E90 320d for the next car, but a bit scary now as I am very particular about these noise.(but noise from engine is totally OK:wink:)

Audi? The FWD is very good, but if u r use to a RWD, I won't. Unless the AWD version, since the rear is working, quite close to our RWD, experience 4 wheels to slide together! Again, our beemer is very special, not easy to be replaced. Though I felt Audi is very very nice during my testing, but when I drive my e46325 again, though one generation older, not that bad! Can live with it! :listen:

hi guys, didnt want to post as i thought this thread was dead, anyways, it has been a month since the sounds were "rectified" by AB, and now, all the sounds have returned...the exact condition in which i left them to "rectify" haha, i really should of considered getting the A4. Any suggestions on what I should do now??

Sigh! I feel sorry for you, brand new 325i Sports and all. :(

Time to call up BMW Malaysia and complain to one of the directors - technical, aftersales, etc. Personally I would just go for the MD himself, but you're probably not like me when mad. :)

hcl, I suggest you try other service centres like Quill in Puchong. Had mine rectified(almost) and my wind noise issue is probably caused by the wing mirrors(LCI) when driving above 120km/h.

phantom;484986 said:
hcl, I suggest you try other service centres like Quill in Puchong. Had mine rectified(almost) and my wind noise issue is probably caused by the wing mirrors(LCI) when driving above 120km/h.

Then u try fold the side mirror to see if there's improvement or not la. The LCI side mirror is humongous..

phantom, is Quill a bmw SC? or an independent service shop? one question guys, if i bring my car get get it fixed at other BMW malaysia outlets, would they do it free of charge even I purchased the car at another dealer? thank

hcl;485001 said:
phantom, is Quill a bmw SC? or an independent service shop? one question guys, if i bring my car get get it fixed at other BMW malaysia outlets, would they do it free of charge even I purchased the car at another dealer? thank

All BMW SC are licensed by BMW Malaysia and is contracted to perform after sales job for BMW Malaysia regardless which BMW authorised sales office u acquired your BMW from. The respective SC will claim BMW Malaysia for both parts and labor for warranty related jobs.

I purchased mine from Auto Bavaria and sent to Ingress for all repairs and services.

Quill auto I believe is an authorised reseller because I saw their name in the CNY party invitation post card I receive last night. Do they have their own workshop? bodyshop?

By the way, anyone going to their CNY party? They have tea tasting, and lion dance show.. Ingress is having them on 23/1/10.. to go or not to go.. I heard got ang pow also.. :p

Ang pow! Ang Pow!.......vouchers to buy BMW goodies. I see my car with matte black or carbon fibre grills very soon! Yay...

I'm from Penang. Anything free, I want!

Top Bottom