rattling and vibrating issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hmmm... surprise to hear all these from you guys. My previous e90 325i over 3 years of ownership is without all these headaches. Just like schwepps' one.

Well, if you look at it DY, '06 & '07 units had the oil burn issue, including yours. '08 units had no major complaints. It's mostly the '09 units that have this door/window rattling issue. Problems are always caused by design or manufacturing faults of components. Since pre-'09 units had no rattling problem, my suspicion would fall on manufacturing rather than design. Eg, a new or different OEM may be making the part(s) that's causing the rattling. Parts like rubber seals are rarely made in the home country, and are usually made by OEMs near the assembly plant for lower logistics costs. That's the way of globalised trade. In our case, SKD assembly is in Thailand.

Whatever the cause, those affected should not accept anything but total satisfaction. They paid for Perfection, the Ultimate Driving Machine, and (uggh!) JOY. If they're not getting those 3 things, they should escalate to BMWM and get a replacement unit...just like how you got a new engine. :) I feel mad for them!

My car also no problem wor...maybe because the previous owner was very fussy..German boss!
The issues I faced was high petrol consumption & some programming hitches

Do you think Lexus is quiter than BMW ? Then BMW have to learn from Toyota on insulation.

Lexus cars are definitely quieter........too quiet. Mercs are quieter too, I've noticed. I got a beemer for the road response, the sound from the engine when she's revving. Your Lexus driver doesn't want any of that. To each his own, I guess.

Then again, have you heard the sound of a Lexus's window? I find it awful. These are merely my opinions. Basically, the sort of person who would get a Lexus, would not but a beemer. They'd find it noisy, too much road response and erm, the dashboard, displays and controls in a Beemer would definitely be too simple for their tastes.

Who wants a sporty car that's quiet like a limo? :rolleyes: :stupid:

Anyway we're talking about rattles here, and no car should rattle, whether Lexus, BMW, Nissan or Proton.

Well said, Schwepps........ I await with great interest, hcl's report on what was done to his car.

Schwepps;477158 said:
If they're not getting those 3 things, they should escalate to BMWM and get a replacement unit...just like how you got a new engine. :) I feel mad for them!

Yes, you are absolutely right. This is the only most teething problem I had over the years of ownership. After the replacement, everything is perfectly fine. And was even became the fastest e90 325i in town :wink: hahaha... Frankly speaking, we must fight for our right especially when we are paying high price to own it. My believe is to talk to the right channel with facts and/or figure, and you will definitely get what you deserves.

Just an observation, aren't newer cars supposed to be better than their predecessors? Seems like newer cars are having more issues. Is it due to assembly? Poor QC? :rolleyes:

Hi guys, collected the car late thursday evening..majority of the sounds and rattles have disappeared, however, after 2 days of driving, left door panel and rear head rest panels have came back. It is just disappointing. Will drive it for another week and wait for all the rattles to come back, and then I will go back to AB and speak to someone about this. HCL

Can you explain in further detail as to what remedial action was taken. I cannot speak for anyone else in the forum but I have a very keen interest in what was carried out; seeing as my car exhibited similar issues - which were, by the way, resolved by AB Penang yesterday. I drove my car this morning and the feeling relief from the absence of noise actually made me take a longer route home.:top:

HCL,

Really sad to hear what ur goin thru & understand yr frustration. Driving UDMs are suppose to promote JOY, and all u hv is heartache! Mine is a E90 325i (with Msport suspension which is harder than normal susp.) 3 mths old and so far the only rattle comes fr the centre console near the ciggy lighter area. Doors sounds fine, even though i actually cut a 6 inc. hole to fit my new speakers! Insist that they change the whole door panel if the insulation they supposedly put in does not work. But i guess yrs is really one of the unlucky E9x model that faced this problem, as most owners seems to be satisfied i guess. Anyway insist that they change it since its under warranty, and when they test drive it, make sure ur inside to show them the sound!

ya..it is extremely frustrating especially where I had to take time off from work so i can get this sorted out. Mine is also a 325 m sport model. however, no rattles from center console at this point. But honestly, the service advisors/technicians did not explain very clearly what they were going to do. 1 st time was on the 5th, where the tech went for a drive wiht me , " this happens to every bmw, the plastics are not reacting well with the malaysia heat, make a booking and we will insulate the panels". They booked me to bring the car back on the 20th. On Tuesday the 8th, i couldnt take the sounds anymore, took it back and asked for another tech to go for a drive with me. This gentleman was a lot more comforting and respectful, as he said that he knew what need to be done. He explained that he will take off all door panels and inspect what needed to be done. STILL, did not say how or what needs to be done. None the less, I demanded that i would need the car the next day. They did release the car on time, and all seemed well until this morning, where some of the rattles came back...the sales person once again spoke to me in private " if BMW calls you and asks how the service is, you must say positive things or else I will lose all commission and incentives for this year, it is the cars problem, not my service, thanks ah" WTF ??????!!!! isnt this funny???

Sorry, this is unacceptable in my book. You paid for the car, people were happy to sell it to you and to put it rather bluntly, profit from your decision to make this purchase. Correct me if I am wrong but is there some offense in asking exactly what was done to our cars? I believe it is an owner's right to ask; and to continue asking until sincere answers are delivered..... regardless of whether these are answers we want to hear or not.

I do not mean to play 'agent provocateur' but I am appalled that your sales/tech advisor would have the gall to say in an aside manner, things that would amount to soliciting untruthful responses. Sure, you should say that service in terms of human-response to complaints but repair works to defects still need to effected. I feel you should be fair and kind, but also be truthful in your responses concerning issues on your car.

My 1 month old 320i sports also has some rattling sounds coming from my front left door. Will be sending to AB to be fixed. Hope the annoying sounds will disappear after the service.

Btw, normally how long do i have to leave my car there?

hcl, I gave my SA a zero in the post-sale questionnaire for making me go all the way up to BMWM to get parts which were supposed to be there, but were missing. Something that he should have handled instead of washing his hands after handing me the keys. So I hope he got zero commission for 2008 (although I doubt it)

IMO, you should tell your SA you're going to give him a zero for selling you a unit which is giving you heartaches.

tango1800;477561 said:
My 1 month old 320i sports also has some rattling sounds coming from my front left door. Will be sending to AB to be fixed. Hope the annoying sounds will disappear after the service.

Btw, normally how long do i have to leave my car there?

tango1800,

Iv dealt with AB Glenmarie b4...Usually they will require only a day max since its only yr left door & nothing else, in fact if u send in at 9am, they should be able to gv u bck by 3pm. But insist for the mechanic to be inside when u take it for a drive to show him exactly what/where sound is coming from.

thanks for all your input guys/girls. Now, the rattling from the back panel behind the rear seats is getting annoying and a pain in the ass. Left front door panel is getting worse. So, my question is, what exactly did they do or did not do. Since collecting the car from delivery, I have now gone back to AB glenmarie roughly 5 times now to get things sorted out. Once again, disappointed

BMWM needs to improve on their pre delivery inspection which is seriously lacking. My two weeks old ride has wind noise on my driver A pillar when I travel around 110km/h. In fact the two M-sport models that I test drove earlier also have this wind noise. Hope they can rectify it without the usual "teflon tape cure"!

Top Bottom