New E90 Engine Malfunction

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JLC7876

Club Guest
Hi, Over the sky yesterday as collecting the new baby, nightmare on todayas the baby turn monster!!Anyone experiences before below mentioned, the system indicator alert engine malfunction, called up AB and technician came over and check, can't do anything, now waiting for towing back the car to AB!!A brand new BMW vehicle break down at second day(clocked at 68km)What a disappointed and lost of confident to the brand!!!BMW??? Bring More Worried!!!!!!

This is bad news indeed.. Is this the 320 or 325? Has it being diagnosed to source the problem?

Ouch!!.. Bad experience indeed.. I'm speechless.. waiting for your update so we can learn a thing or two and avoid if possible.. :(

Hi,
The car was 320SE and was towing away by AB just now, the main root of the problem was the "Engine Malfunction" icon alert. Now can't do much, only sit n wait for tomolo AB reports. Totally make my beautiful sunday BLUE...............

Anyway bros have this experiences b4???????

JLC7876;346843 said:
Hi,
The car was 320SE and was towing away by AB just now, the main root of the problem was the "Engine Malfunction" icon alert. Now can't do much, only sit n wait for tomolo AB reports. Totally make my beautiful sunday BLUE...............

Anyway bros have this experiences b4???????

BMW coming as Piece of Shit, went for test drive A4 B8 yesterday, and its a awesome car with more value for money, i will trade in my E90 for this, when they bring the 2.0T later...

i had my jerky new e90 replaced. dont wait till its too late. make ur demand for a new car NOW. and if its going to AB, u better have lots of patience :)
took me one and a half months to settle with them.

the problem is not the car itself, but how the local bmw dealers handle the problem.

badrul880;346827 said:
This is bad news indeed.. Is this the 320 or 325? Has it being diagnosed to source the problem?

babad,
u sound so worried:eek:

soorian;346851 said:
BMW coming as Piece of Shit, went for test drive A4 B8 yesterday, and its a awesome car with more value for money, i will trade in my E90 for this, when they bring the 2.0T later...

And just yday in Bizweek, new MD Aussie Geoffery is bragging about BMW's new strategy and plan, good luck to him and BMW Malaysia...:eek:

Agree, this Audi is simply awesome...a forummer here also just purshased a new unit after so much consideration between E90/VW GTi/Audi A4..:top: BTW, he owns a E39 too...

Anyway, i hope AB will consider a new car for bro JLC.... at least that could change some of our bad perception lately wt BMW's service. Maybe you should try to contact mr.aussie himself and make an official complaint, lets see if he is really committed to what he has said in the papers yday!! could be the right time bro JLC... no harm trying, afterall you have paidtop dollars...

good luck\
cheers...

What is this with the new Audi B8???! I know one fella who's trading in his 2005 530i for it after test driving the Audi. In fact, one of the most prominent figure in this forum is also seriously considering it and recently enquired what would happen to his membership status if he changed to the impending B8 2.0T.

I must test drive it soon, heh!

Bro JLC,
I'm sorry for the mishap. I suppose this is the time for you to dmand a new engine or a new car altogether. You paid so expensive for a crap that can be used for 1 and a half day only? Maybe there was something that had be hidden from your knowledge about the car. Do give it a thorough checkup. This is Malaysia and as you Malaysia can do anything..'Malaysia Boleh' you can take this the positive way or the other way round..
Good luck to you..I hope you demand and exercise your rights as customer. You are the King.
Eddy Maanly..Cheers.

So sorry to hear that..... so far my experience with the UDM is really disappointing..... maybe it is Auto Bavaria as they just don't know how to treat a disappointed owner.... it appears that AB does not bother at all..... let us know the outcome.... I can only resolve that my next car will NOT be the UDM.

Ready AB JB by 8.00am today, no one entertain me till 8.48am, seen my car was parking there for nothing until 9.15am. Meet the Branch Manager and giving thousand of excuses but not solution. By 9.30am, start checking thru their system. By 10am, check with the Branch manager again, initially telling me is DME failed,(which was the engine
control unit), a big issue. By 11.am, informed again is the crankshaft defect,(damn stupid technician) as can't give an exact answer. And i am leaving at 1130am. Follow up again by 4.00pm, comfirm is the crankshaft sensor defect. The stupid AB are never call me up and update me the status!!! Always is me called uo and check with them.

The worst is here, i am calling up again at 5.30pm for update of the status, damn idiot told me the defects part was replace and they are doing the test drive. However, i able to thru some network found out that AB JB just place order for that defect part to PDC at 5.00pm, and AB JB only are to get the sensor by tomolo!!! Auto Bavaria......... all kind of bullshit given!!!!!! Never sincerely toward their customer!!!!!

Will pay an early visit tomolo see how they bullshit again, what other story they come out!!

Sorry to hear about your predicament on your 1 day old car. I hope you the problem is really just a sensor issue and not something major. Seeing how AB JB handled your case, it sounds all too familiar as I have experienced their so-called "quality" customer service standards personally. Really hope your ordeal will end tomorrow.

JLC7876;347182 said:
Ready AB JB by 8.00am today, no one entertain me till 8.48am, seen my car was parking there for nothing until 9.15am. Meet the Branch Manager and giving thousand of excuses but not solution. By 9.30am, start checking thru their system. By 10am, check with the Branch manager again, initially telling me is DME failed,(which was the engine
control unit), a big issue. By 11.am, informed again is the crankshaft defect,(damn stupid technician) as can't give an exact answer. And i am leaving at 1130am. Follow up again by 4.00pm, comfirm is the crankshaft sensor defect. The stupid AB are never call me up and update me the status!!! Always is me called uo and check with them.

The worst is here, i am calling up again at 5.30pm for update of the status, damn idiot told me the defects part was replace and they are doing the test drive. However, i able to thru some network found out that AB JB just place order for that defect part to PDC at 5.00pm, and AB JB only are to get the sensor by tomolo!!! Auto Bavaria......... all kind of bullshit given!!!!!! Never sincerely toward their customer!!!!!

Will pay an early visit tomolo see how they bullshit again, what other story they come out!!

read my posts last time about my new car engine prob. same stupid answers i got from AB glenmarie. dont listen to the mechanics .. know nuts... in my case i got three different answers from 3 clowns in the service dept. i learned a lesson. dont buy locally assembled cars.

Top Bottom