Mystery Device

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi...

I think I can help... It is a navigation system with built in dvd player... I've used it in my ER34 before...

It is a Hard Disk navigation system, it cannot be used here in malaysia, u can only see that you are driving on water... But you can play DVD on it... and you can also record CD and store it in the HDD as MP3 or some other format.. the player will do it for you..

In your picture it seems like you have only the player/HDD navi unit... Mine was, with HDDNavi/DVD unit + Display unit.. the display unit is a separate unit.. So it is a system with 1 din + 1 din = 2din...

Im not sure what setup they have in your bmw... do you have a 3rd party radio ? oo a display that connects to the device ??

U have the remote ?

oh.. and the slot next to the HDD, is the extension slot.. u can use it for 3g internet, or a ETC (japan Smart tag system).. and the GPS antenna is usually on your dash board.. its like a 1'x1' sized blackbox connected to the device... and there is also a traffic jam information unit that will display traffic jam on your map.. a separate unit is needed for this..

but sadly all the navigational system will not work in malaysia... u can only use it as a DVD player or a HDD Mp3 player...

Rehet,

Are you still utilizing the device in your car or similarly taken an advice like given by BMW 7833 ?

The explanation you just provided, matches with the specs i have onbord my vehicle [player/HDD navi unit]

Top Bottom