Cleaning your E46 Air Mass Sensor (KL/PJ) area.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Jarance ,

would love to, what time is it ? i will be back from singapore im not sure if i can make it.

Could you please PM me your numbeR? thanks!

What is the MAF cleaning interval? I know it's subjective to the environment we are driving in, but general speaking? how many km? 50k km?

Hi Vroom325,

Actually, there is no set intervals. Personally i dont like to touch things that is not broken. but a lot of forum members do preventive maintenance. After they see me do it, they also can do it themselves now.

Thanks for your support guys

e39 520i 2.2 JERKS AT HIGH GEAR

Bros, was searching through the forum and found this link. Btw, I logged in 5 moons ago after i acquired the 39 and have been very happy with it. due to work travel and family and social committments Ive not been able to contribute/share...my apologies for that...

anyway, my headache started.. abt two days ago, whem i felt a sudden jerk (progressive) while travelling on the nkve..generally cruising at about 2500 rpm on 5the perhaps..it was intermittent and appeared to dissapear after a little pressure on the paddle..

it happened again this afternoon...the same jerk plus a a very brief mechanical sound (like two rotating parts hitting each other)..

got worried and took the car to the workshop...test drove with the sifu but this time the jerk wasnt so bad...and after some undercarriage check, he mentioned the dreaded word ie 'gear box'...

worst case scenario wud be a major burn in the pocket...

also bumped into my dealer conincidentally who dimissed it as gearbox issue...said possibly sensors and that to check at his workshop...

also took it to my frendly neighbourhood mechanic who also seem to dismiss gearbox (but he didnt test drive the car)...said probably the plugs, plugs cables, or perhaps the fuel (i mix shell and primax sometimes and recently ron 95 of both versions)...

...of course i want to believe its the petrol, plugs and such...but could it actually be the gearbox??

I read about the mass airflow cleaning by eterna22...(thanks for the post bro) any idea if this could be a possible cure??

hope i can get some feedback soon as need to solve the matter before i start travelling again...

thanks bros..

Top Bottom