My 2012 F13 640i M sport - the journey starts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wobbles

Rarely active
My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

Congrats on the purchase :top: Just one question though you have the M-Sport Package but chose comfort seats instead of sport seats. Why not go all the way?

Thanks bro B33mEr! I tried the 3 types of seats on offer - the standard ones, which weren't on offer for the 6 series (when I tested the F10 some time back), the sports seats (standard on the 640i) and the comfort seats (standard on the 650i). The Sports Seats are quite snug, but they dont have separate headrest adjustments, and the angle was very uncomfortable, after driving for a bit. Ultimately, I found the comfort seats to be, by far, the most comfortable, with the separate shoulder, thigh, side support adjustments. The shoulder supports was what made me tick the Comfort Seat option - and, also because we've been a bit spoilt by the F02's standard option Comfort Seats heheh.

Nice write-up bro. I'm sure you're eagerly counting down the days till she arrives. :top:

My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

can't wait for pics of your new baby next year.
I can't help to realise that in M'sia a lot of it are standard and not much to tick. Why arrr????

On a separate note, I am really happy that I settled on Carbon Black in the end. From what I can see of the photos available off the Internet, Carbon Black has this irridescent quality about it, and I love the interplay of light & how sometimes it looks black, and other times, more of a deep royal blue colour. I've been told it's a wretched pain to maintain, and I can forsee many hours with the wax & polish in hand, but it'll all be a labour of love for this baby :)

wobbles;694441 said:
Thanks, DJH - I can't wait for pics of my baby as well!

I reckon a lot of the stuff in Malaysia is 'standard' to justify the horrendous price they are charging for the car! Now, to be fair, PML also has an extensive standard spec which is very well optioned, but because I wanted an indent car, that means I get to build it up from scratch (hence the long lag time), so the 'standard spec sheet' doesn't apply to my vehicle, and it gets 'reset' to factory default setting, I guess. The advantage is I really get a car with the things I want - sort of like an average joe's chance of a bespoke car, in a way.

I'm a LOOOONG WAY off being able to afford a truly bespoke experience like what they offer for the Rolls or the Veyron, but I'm satisfied with the experience of picking & choosing all the minutiae details of my F13 :)

Remember to name your F13 !

hahah, bro EL118, I might end up doing just that you know! My trusty old Ford Laser 1.3L back in Sydney (while I was studying there 20 years ago) was called "Bessie" (after the stereotypical name for a cow, "Bessie"). In that it stubborn as a cow whenever it refused to start in cold weather.

I never kept any car long enough to name them, but who knows, I probably should start coming up with a couple of name choices for the F13! "Blackie" anyone?

" Blackie" ? may sound a bit racist. the tooth paste previously called Darkie also had to change to Darlie, he he

Hehehe ... yah, we live in sensitive times nowadays. Nah, I wasn't planning on naming my F13 that, no way!

wobbles;694453 said:
Hehehe ... yah, we live in sensitive times nowadays. Nah, I wasn't planning on naming my F13 that, no way!

still have few months to go before your baby is born. take your time!

p/s :dun use medical names too, sounds too complicated! ha.

Boss, if I am not mistaken, Alarm system, which is an optional item is unchecked. Singapore is safe but with alarm feel more secure phychologically la. Just my humble opinion.

wobbles;694441 said:
I reckon a lot of the stuff in Malaysia is 'standard' to justify the horrendous price they are charging for the car!

Wanted to highlight something which I just learnt - a BMW 640i coupe in Malaysia starts at RM 768,800.00!!! See what I mean by horrendous price!

Sure, both Singapore and Malaysia are paying cut-throat prices compared to the drivers in the UK or US, but although my spec'd to the hilt 640i rings in at a smidgen shy of S$385,000, dollar for dollar, that's like half the price of a 640i in Malaysia! *Faint* And that's RM 768,800.00 before you started adding in the juicy options... goodness me!

morrogan;694463 said:
Boss, if I am not mistaken, Alarm system, which is an optional item is unchecked. Singapore is safe but with alarm feel more secure phychologically la. Just my humble opinion.

Yes, you are right. I left the Clown Nose unticked - not because Singapore is safe (it's not as safe as it used to be), but because the Clown Nose is just that - a sound based alarm. I will probably want to go for an after-market electronic immobilizer system with GPS tracking/recovery, if I reckon I'll be taking this car up for long stretches on the N/S highway often :) Thanks for reading my thread!

wobbles;694465 said:
Yes, you are right. I left the Clown Nose unticked - not because Singapore is safe (it's not as safe as it used to be), but because the Clown Nose is just that - a sound based alarm. I will probably want to go for an after-market electronic immobilizer system with GPS tracking/recovery, if I reckon I'll be taking this car up for long stretches on the N/S highway often :) Thanks for reading my thread!

I read your post on the spec sheet as if the car is mine even it is just a far dream away. Not too sure how well about the integration of 3rd party electronic immobiliser into the DME/ZKE module.

I had Carbon Black on my W140 S class with Wald Bodykit...
Looks wicked when properly maintain.
At night looks like deep Black.- darker than sapphire Black
At bright sunlight, is deep deep blue..
One of the best colour ever!
my old Merc

images

Top Bottom