Learning to use an E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wah! Mine is late 2007, so any cable also can pakai.. :4:

I need water temp, oil temp, oil pressure and battery voltage to be appeared on my OBC, I buy u 4 teh tariks.. :4:

astroboy;701502 said:
Wah! Mine is late 2007, so any cable also can pakai.. :4:

I need water temp, oil temp, oil pressure and battery voltage to be appeared on my OBC, I buy u 4 teh tariks.. :4:

bro, i think some above can be viewed in OBC, so called the secret menu... :D
btw, where have you been lately bro, diam diam je...

kimi yap;701507 said:
bro, i think some above can be viewed in OBC, so called the secret menu... :D
btw, where have you been lately bro, diam diam je...

bro kimi,
Interesting..... how to access the secret menu?
so used knowing the water temp now without it feels a bit weird....
cheers!

I'm looking at using Torque on an Android phone/tablet + a bluetooth OBD2 adapter (roughly US$25-90+ on Amazon). I think this would be an awesome combo if you can find a decent way of mounting an Android tablet/phone in the car.

I'll pickup a bluetooth OBD on my next US trip probably in February, anyone else want one to experiment? :D

eric_s;701542 said:
bro kimi,
Interesting..... how to access the secret menu?
so used knowing the water temp now without it feels a bit weird....
cheers!

[video=youtube;gdxpqr3qimA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdxpqr3qimA[/video]

kimi yap;701640 said:
[video=youtube;gdxpqr3qimA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdxpqr3qimA[/video]

thks bro!
from the vid, do I have to run thru the process again to check, say, water temp?
would the menu be permanent?
Have a wonderful 2012!

gameover;701592 said:
I'm looking at using Torque on an Android phone/tablet + a bluetooth OBD2 adapter (roughly US$25-90+ on Amazon). I think this would be an awesome combo if you can find a decent way of mounting an Android tablet/phone in the car.

I'll pickup a bluetooth OBD on my next US trip probably in February, anyone else want one to experiment? :D

get one for me too.. :4:

Hi folks, im gonna get my pre-reg e90 lci 323 last batch few days more, I have few question to ask about the cost

Rm1300 for changing registered number and rm500 for a new wilayah reg number.

Rm500 for jpj processing fees.

Hope to get any comment from u guys, thanks.

If im not mistaken the amount for changing numbers is 1.3k. When i got my car was also around that amount. others i forgot

Hi all, I've just got my 320i M-Sport and have been enjoying it. I'm happy with all the gimmicks in E90 except for one : the seat belt warning.
I'm so used to my old Honda Accord which don't give warning at low speed say 20km/h so you're free to move around in the car park. This seat belt warning in E90 is so irritating as it starts to beeps about 5s after you take off the seat belt. This 'amazing' thing is it still beeps after I've stopped the car completely and even pull the handbrake! Is there a way to disable the seat belt warning at low speed or even totally?

Btw, I think the seat belt warning is not beeping when the front passenger is there and not wearing seat belt. Does it mean the seat occupancy detector is not working? Thanks

cbong69;706128 said:
Btw, I think the seat belt warning is not beeping when the front passenger is there and not wearing seat belt. Does it mean the seat occupancy detector is not working? Thanks

mine is the same.is there occupancy detector for the front passenger in the first place anyway?

If i am not wrong, there is a sensor under the seat, can check InitialM's thread on his car, i remember that he changed the sensor before.

In my case for front passenger, it will beep only if the passenger sit properly, or with the right weight.There is no beep at all when my youngest son sat there when his weight is less that 30kg.

Mine just pay RM1.3k. I went to JPJ and get my own choice number only RM210. if use runner RM500.

monkey1014;709971 said:
went to the BMW showroom today, they wanted 1.6K for changing numbers.

Hi oneterbaekk,

Will be collecting my 320d next week (pre-reg). Plan to change the plate no. How do u go abt it myself?

DeAr sifus

How do u switch on the lights closest to the kidney grille? I tried high beam but nothing seems to light it up.. Even highbeam is illuminated by the outer lights located next to the signal leds.. Mine is a 2011 e90 320i

Thanks in advance
Gary

shern;711410 said:
Hi oneterbaekk,

Will be collecting my 320d next week (pre-reg). Plan to change the plate no. How do u go abt it myself?

u mean interchange plate number?
you can read from JPJ website.
FYI you need two vehicle under YOUR name e.g the pre-reg car,and another NEW vehicle with a registration number to be swapped. i did it with the help from local neigbourhood motorcycle shop..

doing it yourself will save you at least 500bucks + the experience of process at the expense of a day's off :-D

Tks namidub. I was not referring to interchanging plate numbers. Thought of getting a new number instead. The SA quoted rm1600. Wondering what is the price diff in order to decide whether it is worth doing it myself.

Top Bottom