Learning to use an E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
keiichicol;723537 said:
AB,
So the replacement of blower regulator does the magic so far? I am yet to feedback to my SA since it never occurs anymore...touch kayu! Will post for any new updates here.

Nope.. :( Now I have an additional ac regulator in my store, brand new.. willing to let go at cost, with receipt, free installation plus I buy teh tarik.. :4: The blower miraculously works again.. I'm suspecting the oiling on the solenoid bearings seep in after all. Will oil it again when time permits.

Let's move on...

Take a look at this Youtube clip:
[video=youtube;T4Gp1vNgOLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T4Gp1vNgOLc[/video]

Anyone replaced this reservoir for their E90 before? Item 1 (Oil Carrier), part code: 32 41 1 097 164 (US$38.46 = RM118.54)
MTc1MzQ2X3A=.png

There's actually a plastic strainer inside:
E46_power_steering_reservoirs.jpg

What oil should we use? Dextron III or Dextron VI? What's the recommended change interval?

This morning's DIY.. oil filter leak.. oil warning came up.. under intake manifold filled with oil..

Oil filter o-ring harden, replaced with a new ring. 7k km traveled since last oil change, so the top up today will last another 3k km.. worth it. My base of calculation is 10k km/4.25L = 2.35k km/L. So this top up of 1L to last 3k km, got untung right?! :4:

389618_10150960850086632_552256631_13270697_1445994341_n.jpg

Oh ya bro, I also had the warning light come up once. When I checked, the level was under the min. Then after off car, leave it a while and start back again. No more fault. When check, the level is slightly above min. After driving a while, the level then go to middle between min and max. So question is: is this a problem with the oil level or just the oil level sensor? Should I trust the warning when it first comes out, or wait to see if it remains there after few drives?

By the way, I topped up about 750ml just to be safe..... now level shows at slightly below max

The oil sensor can go bad.. if no sign or leak, topping up shouldn't be too frequent or to much in volume. One of our gang member recently retrofitted a dipstick into his N46, I'm waiting for my turn now.. hehe :4: Stupid BMW engine designer.. "forgot" to give us a dipstick.. kns!

My old E46 325 used to give me lots of heart attacks when it came to warning lights. That's why nowadays I get jumpy whenever a warning light pops out :)

Was thinking to myself "just few weeks only got problem???". But so far until now warning light did not come back. I certainly hope so. Both my 325 and 530 have already had their "leaky bowels" fixed. 325 also had "bladder" problems (i.e. leaking water from radiator). Seems like bimmers act exactly like people when they get older :21::21:

Dammit! My internal tyre Tiptop patch fail.. Run flat alarm turned red.. give up, black list the shop, just got them to perform the external insertion patch and kao tim.

Now I have problem reseting my red RFT alarm.. press until finger also pain liao... still can't reset.. :20:

update:

Learned something new today, to reset a red RFT alarm, just scroll to the "pregnant lady" menu, press the BC button once, then press and hold on for 5 sec where a checked box will appear. Let go the BC button and hit it again. Kao tim.. tns!! Took me so long to figure this out..

astroboy;734974 said:
The oil sensor can go bad.. if no sign or leak, topping up shouldn't be too frequent or to much in volume. One of our gang member recently retrofitted a dipstick into his N46, I'm waiting for my turn now.. hehe :4: Stupid BMW engine designer.. "forgot" to give us a dipstick.. kns!
The newer batch LCi got dipstick back. Level sensor function cancelled from the service check manual.

morrogan;735760 said:
... Level sensor function cancelled from the service check manual.

U serious? So the sonic beacon submarine tech for engine oil sensor pronounced 6' under d?! :eek:

I'm getting a preowned 323 soon. I would like to know whether other cars come with heat insulator under the engine hood because my future car don't have one.

Yes.. the 325i has it. there‘s pros and cons for its installation. I choose not to add that in considering the benefits of improved engine heat dissemination.

PARKING
In the manual it gives instruction for parking like this :
1) put car to rest 2) move gear to "P" 3) pull handbrake 4) Press On/OFF button

I read somewhere that handbrake should be pulled first, release foot brake, THEN ONLY put gear to "P". This will release burden of gear holding the car at rest, especially when parking on slopes.

azahidi;744670 said:
PARKING
In the manual it gives instruction for parking like this :
1) put car to rest 2) move gear to "P" 3) pull handbrake 4) Press On/OFF button

I read somewhere that handbrake should be pulled first, release foot brake, THEN ONLY put gear to "P". This will release burden of gear holding the car at rest, especially when parking on slopes.

yeah, i read it some article too that u shud pull the handbrake 1st and then put the gear to P. which is the right way sifus?

astroboy;744582 said:
Yes.. the 325i has it. there‘s pros and cons for its installation. I choose not to add that in considering the benefits of improved engine heat dissemination.

and the sweet sound of the inline 6 roaring to life.

nand78;751102 said:
yeah, i read it some article too that u shud pull the handbrake 1st and then put the gear to P. which is the right way sifus?

Do you notice any squeeking sound coming from rear wheel area when you get in/out of your car? Thats the handbrakes fault :3: ...and i thought i was overweight or sumthin :4:

BaddBoyz3;753860 said:
Do you notice any squeeking sound coming from rear wheel area when you get in/out of your car? Thats the handbrakes fault :3: ...and i thought i was overweight or sumthin :4:

haha BadBoy, i didnt really notice any squeeking sound when i get in/out of the car. Anyway i'll try to notice after this.

Eric Chang;755509 said:
It took me quite some time to figure out all the functions. hahaha :D

Dont worry dood, u aint the only one, i'm still learning after 6 months :4:

BaddBoyz3;753860 said:

Really? Wow I know that I am overweight so I always blamed the squeeking noises to that. Is it a problem that can be rectified?

Top Bottom