I was overtaken by Vios :(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

astroboy

Was on the highway in my 320i struggling to do 130kph but Vios zooming pass, so much so I can't even get to see its number plate... probably doing at least 160+kph.. :eek:Here is the problem, I was traveling at night, I find my Bi-Xenon headlight is not doing a good job to see beyond the focused/intended range. The projector lens has effectively cut off light emission to reduce glare to opposite vehicle and as a result, it's a total darkness ahead of the intended illumination zone and its too dangerous to do even 150kph with such headlight illumination coverage.Unlike my old E36, I can still lift my headlight via a dial on the dash which will operate a motor behind the headlight to lift/lower the headlight. The feature is actually meant for manual adjustment when the rear of the car is loaded resulting a lift to the front and affecting the beam direction. What about E90? What can we do?Do I off the light and on it back again or do I wait until going downhill, then do that to lift it?Anybody know exactly how our headlight auto leveling mechanism work? Izzit one time when we switch it on or izzit keep adjusting according to the road contour?Please shed some light on the subject before I pasang the Mini Cooper spot lights.. :(.... and I'm referring to low beam la... we are courteous drivers that don't normally on our high beam when there's on coming vehicles.. and below 200kph.. :wink:

i was overtaken by VIOS ..... must be day dreamin or after a heavy session last night ....therefore it could be the other way round .....:)

I feel you Astroboy, don't worry we are all safe drivers. I have always been overtaken by smaller cc Japanese cars :)

bro,change ur fog light to 8000k HID , then when u need it only press lo.aiyo overtaken by vios only ma...i always overtaken by waja or wira ler...take it easy enjoy ur ride ba...

i drove my cousin's e90 320 for a week and the car is no slouch. it should take care of any vios, altis or civics anytime from a stand still.

my take on your recent encounter would be the gear your car is in at that very moment. if you are cruising along and another car comes flying from the back, its a definite no way that you are going to catch up. your car would be in 5th or higher in cruising mode with a low rev. and the car at the back would probably be a gear or two lower in its optimum rev range. you will need time for your car to downshift and rev up as well as playing catch up to the other cars pace. its a loosing battle.... oh well, just remember to drive safe and be civilized on the road...

Astroboy, i suggest that you go and see a optician before you crash your car in the night. kekekee

on the serious thought, driving fast at night about 150km/h is asking for trouble due the light can't go 200 to 250m even in high beam.. so any dead road kill will either certain death or serious injury...

leforte, nothing wrong with the car but just the headlight illumination coverage is very disappointing making high speed driving at night very dangerous. The Xenon is bright enough but the projector lens focus the beam into a very precise zone, leaving the areas outside the zone in total darkness. Want to peep a little further also cannot, unlike halogen which offer a smooth illumination transition into the darkness ahead, instead of a total pitch black cut off by the HID projector lens..

Actually I was like driving in a zig-zag pattern because the left low beam can shoot further and I keep driving using the left beam... damn awkward.. :p pai seh!

Got solution or not? other than the Mini Cooper spot light.. :(

Hahahaha, all these ppl only read the heading and the 1st para..sigh

astro...just for your eye only...a toyota vios 1.5S speedo

Image029s.jpg

t2ribena;348894 said:

Image029s.jpg

OMG...:eek: can the vios go that fast.. i see the JDM these days can really go..

AB, not sure if this helps but I heard the new A4 lights not bad la... visibility quite good:D

t2ribena;348894 said:

Image029s.jpg

Must be in turun bukit mode or it takes 40sec plus to get at 200km. But hey, If you (Astroboy) in e90 with Xenon and all having poor visibility, that guy in Vios is having much more worst, either the Vios having the 10k super Xenon to tapau u or he just got bigger balls then you...cabut..

if you are doing 130km/h on the highway with bi-xenons, and you get overtaken by a vios, dun comprain lar. and please dun hog the fast lane. tenjews. lol!!!

Astroboy, I am afraid our 320i headlights are without auto levelling features. However, you may manually adjust it to be higher to serve ur pusposed. I adjusted mine since I got the car. Pop up the hood and you will see the (+) screw, adjust it clock wise down, anticlock wise up. ;)

AB,

i feel you. the 320's headlight is only good up to about 90kmh. after that i use the super bright mega highlights, with that i can c much further ahead but only when there're no cars.

guess u need a new 7 series now (adpative head lamp beam assistance)

that vios is one quick little banzai!

Top Bottom