DIY Headlight adjustment for E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Astroboy, forget abt all those written complaint, i did wrote tonnes of letters to whichever concern and non-concern department, NONE of them reply or interested.
IMO, drive in to the SC, spot them to settle without delay!!

Hey astroboy, what's the situation now on our missing driver's side headlight cover? Did you get your email from BMW Voice? Don't keep the solution to yourself la... :rolleyes:

BTW, off topic a bit: I know you rely on the RFI to tell you if your tyres are losing air. As you know, I check my tyre pressures every Sunday morning. This morning I found that my RR tyre lost 4psi in one week. LR was still spot on 35psi but RR was 31psi. The RFI didn't pip up at all. Will check it at a tyre shop this afternoon.

Schwepps;352605 said:
Hey astroboy, what's the situation now on our missing driver's side headlight cover? Did you get your email from BMW Voice? Don't keep the solution to yourself la... :rolleyes:

BTW, off topic a bit: I know you rely on the RFI to tell you if your tyres are losing air. As you know, I check my tyre pressures every Sunday morning. This morning I found that my RR tyre lost 4psi in one week. LR was still spot on 35psi but RR was 31psi. The RFI didn't pip up at all. Will check it at a tyre shop this afternoon.

I had the same experience when I picked up a puncture. The blinking warning didn't come on until pressure dropped about 80 Kpa. I now keep a pocket gauge in my car since my repaired RFT has been a bit problematic since repair.

Anyone got pics of a set of headlights with covers? I checked mine and can't tell if I am missing it as well. No exposed multicolor wires like in AB's pic. Is it just a socket cover that was missing?

It's a socket cover - see page 3 of this thread E46F. If you don't see exposed multicolour wires then you have the covers. Astro and I have the cover on the passenger side but not the driver's side. Irritating but not life threatening...

Ah ok cool. Yeah mine comes with the headlight socket covers for both sides. Makes you wonder what other bits were accidentally missed out in our cars!

Yeah, mine had other parts missing too, which I discovered and rectified after blowing my top at the dealer and going directly to BMWM. Sad that this is BMW quality. :(

Having said that, our Merc had no missing parts when new, but had a sticking handbrake and a brake recall, which I feel is worse than the irritation of missing parts.

I don't let these things worry me. What the hell, both are great cars to drive. :)

E46Fanatic;352825 said:
Ah ok cool. Yeah mine comes with the headlight socket covers for both sides. Makes you wonder what other bits were accidentally missed out in our cars!

Again, is this a CBU vs. CKD issue? I'm not siding with the issue that CBU cars are better per se. Just that if these things happen to CKD cars, then BMW Malaysia must be more vigilant on quality of their CKDs.

I feel that QC and PDI of some CKD cars is sometimes suspect and I'm not impressed with BMW in this area. But I still say that I wouldn't want to pay RMXX,XXX more in duties just so that I'm sure my car is complete with headlight covers, etc. As I've said before, I've had new CKD cars and they have their own type of problems.

Hallo, astro... What's the latest on your case? I have an interest in it too you know...

Schwepps;352605 said:

Update: Indeed there was a nail in my RR tyre, courtesy of our civic conscious workers who think the ground everywhere is their dustbin. RFI didn't warn me of it, not that I expected it to, as that's not its design function. If you're using RFTs, check your pressures regularly. Loss of air doesn't show visually like in a normal tyre.

While doing wheel balancing, also discovered that 2 of my wheels were dented, courtesy of the creative pot-holing of our roads. :(

Schwepps;353353 said:
Update: Indeed there was a nail in my RR tyre, courtesy of our civic conscious workers who think the ground everywhere is their dustbin. RFI didn't warn me of it, not that I expected it to, as that's not its design function. If you're using RFTs, check your pressures regularly. Loss of air doesn't show visually like in a normal tyre.

While doing wheel balancing, also discovered that 2 of my wheels were dented, courtesy of the creative pot-holing of our roads. :(

Wow even the tough 193m wheels are no match for our potholes lol. Makes sense as the pressure loss should be almost identical across 4 wheels. Your case of accelerated pressure loss was likely caused by the dents on the 2 wheels. I wonder if wheels are "warranty claimable" with the excuse they were just for normal use on our roads.

Nope, pressure loss was in 1 tyre, caused by a nail. The other 3 tyres were spot-on pressure. RFI didn't pick up the difference...twice. Because I tested it Sunday to today, loss of 4 psi again.

Even my tyreman said the BMW wheels are very tough and yet 2 of them had dents! :eek: Because they're low-profile 40s I guess.

Schwepps;352982 said:
Hallo, astro... What's the latest on your case? I have an interest in it too you know...

BMW Voice called me again yesterday, they said my SC has placed the order for the parts and ETA mid-September. SC will contact me once stock arrives. Those of you who wanted to claim the same please speak to your respective SC.

Thanks for the tip astro. You're gonna hate me for this: I went in search of an SC today, and he got one and fitted it within 15mins.

So first you were overtaken by a Vios and now by Unker Schwepps! :D But you definitely paved the way, so a big thank you to you bro. :top:

Schwepps;353659 said:
Thanks for the tip astro. You're gonna hate me for this: I went in search of an SC today, and he got one and fitted it within 15mins.

So first you were overtaken by a Vios and now by Unker Schwepps! :D But you definitely paved the way, so a big thank you to you bro. :top:

which SC did you went Schwepps??

I don't think it's right to name working people in open forums, so I'll PM both you and astro.

Top Bottom