HPC - High Performance Challenge

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
raz451;294439 said:
Sorry to barge in...but which part of town will u guys be from? Can I tag along?

PS. If you don't mind a lady tagging along, that is...

Sure no problem. Let see where and what time to meet up. Will keep you in mind :smokin:

David Yong;294436 said:
JPB, CK & Rimsukan; guys since you guys will be going from town area to Sepang, shall we (four of us) meet somewhere and go together and then decide where to meet with the rest for brunch or what ?

Sure bro, no problem. But since the event is still sometime away probably we should make arrangements nearer the date.

As for now we should probably get together to go buy helmets first. anyone here can suggest where we can go get them? Garang looks for gaya but cheap cheap ones would be appreciated..hehehehe

raz451;294439 said:
Sorry to barge in...but which part of town will u guys be from? Can I tag along?

PS. If you don't mind a lady tagging along, that is...

Raz Dear,

Of course we don't mind...lets not let gender get in the way shall we...:wink:

I'm a first timer myself (donno about you guys tho) & like you was quite apprehensive initially but hey where else can you get this kind of a learning experience in a world class facility no less..

Anyway I'm from Ampang/Ulu Klang side...:rock:

Rimsukan;294564 said:
Sure bro, no problem. But since the event is still sometime away probably we should make arrangements nearer the date.

As for now we should probably get together to go buy helmets first. anyone here can suggest where we can go get them? Garang looks for gaya but cheap cheap ones would be appreciated..hehehehe

Guys, I'm not officially participating and only going for look-see, look-see and give you guys moral support. Have fun!

David Yong;294514 said:
Sure no problem. Let see where and what time to meet up. Will keep you in mind :smokin:

can I tag along as well?? i want to go and support u guys and girl :rock:

for helmets that is gaya and garang go Pertama or this motorbike shop in sunway same row as that famous tyre shop (dunno the name) its a corner shop if not mistaken its called 'Sunny' sumthing...got replicas for abt rm100+

Yeah, go to Pertama Complex and look for a shop called Mecinda and ask for the boss Pak Su.

The prices are competitive (checked on the internet before I bought mine). They also have replica ones for a couple of hundred bucks, look super garang. One thing about helmet, make sure you get the correct fitment and check the visor design, some will restrict your vision and make you feel claustrophobic.

Got myself a Nolan :top:

Cheers

Hah!! A subject up my alley...
If you asked me, most if not all 'sirim' stickered helmets are not safety prooved. Reasons, there are syndicates out there printing 'sirim approved stickers'...and every helmet manufacturer, local, Thai, korean, etc...seem to get their models stickered...making that a problem telling which from which...haha

But not to worry as even if your helmet did come with the 'original' sirim sticker, it may still not fall under International Safety Standards. I guess its safe to say that helmets that carry these stickers/tags are recognised internationally hence higher standards of safety:

USIS, DOT, SNELL - American
ACU - European, British
JIS, MFJ - Japanese

For most of the better helmets, you will find the factory approved 'seal' sticthed under the padding/cushion along with the size, date of manufacture and sometimes even with the tester's name.

"Comfort has several factors. For example, the material that makes up the motorcycle helmet's liner should feel comfortable against the skin. The internal padding of the helmet should act as a comfortable cushion between the head and the helmet internals, and the liner shape should perfectly match your head shape. The perfect helmet would be so comfortable that the rider would forget that it’s there."​

The more notable brands are : Arai, Shoei, Nolan, Bell, AGV, Shark, Scorpion​

okow;294671 said:
The more notable brands are : Arai, Shoei, Nolan, Bell, AGV, Shark, Scorpion​

The price for these helmets ranges from RM800 to a couple of thosands, rite?

raz451;295176 said:

Raz...go buy a normal motorcyclist helmet. Thats enuf .:top:

Zoggee;295211 said:
Raz...go buy a normal motorcyclist helmet. Thats enuf .:top:

Yayaya...I don't intend to spend anything more than RM50. Al-cheapo ar??? LOL! If I cud I wud wanna borrow from frens who own one!:smokin:

raz451;295176 said:

Yup, dont think you can get anything under RM1k nowadays. Even 'those'
days I got mine for between RM2K - RM3K...Still got my Shoei, Arai and my Bell. well, how much do you value your head?

raz451;295233 said:
Yayaya...I don't intend to spend anything more than RM50. Al-cheapo ar??? LOL! If I cud I wud wanna borrow from frens who own one!:smokin:

I'll bring 3 helmet there. YOu standby Nescafe Ping for me.

You will be in a safer group.Strictly no overtaking on all corners. :smokin:

Raz, I guess an 'el-cheapo' will do, since this is HPC and not a race. Just fullfilling the mandatory track safety requirement.

okow;295246 said:
Raz, I guess an 'el-cheapo' will do, since this is HPC and not a race. Just fullfilling the mandatory track safety requirement.

That's what I thought...

Zoggee;295244 said:
I'll bring 3 helmet there. YOu standby Nescafe Ping for me.

You will be in a safer group.Strictly no overtaking on all corners. :smokin:

Ok set! I 'chops' one k? Thankayu...

Final list with grouping

Venue: Sepang International Circuit
Date: 20th April
Time: 1pm - 5pm
Cost: Members RM170 Forumers RM195

1. Cobra Kai (G1) PAID
2. GHS (G1) PAID
3. David Yong (G1) PAID
4. ramsing (G1) PAID
5. rush28 (G1) PAID
6. 535i (G1) PAID + Lunch
7. Rimsukan (G1) PAID
8.raz451 (G1) PAID
9. Jacky (G1)
10. Zamtresco (G1)

All those who have not PMed me your details below pls do so.

DRIVER / ENTRANTDriver's Name:NRIC/Passport No.:H/P No.:Email Address:VEHICLEMake/Model:Year:Modifications:Vehicle Registration No:Car Club Affiliation:

XXX;296032 said:
All those who have not PMed me your details below pls do so.

Bro, I have PMed you my details. Hope you have received it. Let me know if otherwise. Thanks :cool:

Top Bottom