HPC - High Performance Challenge

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;285025 said:
Some interesting photos from past similar events..

DSC_0101.jpg

haiya, the real hero is the handsome looking pervert in the blackshirt in the background. he knew the camera was taking picture, so he gave his special sideway perverting pose.

Hahahahaaa.. perhaps a "Will" is a must too, not only the car.. :D

More nice photo..

DSC_0673.jpg

HPC0479.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

HPC0496.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

I'm new to this tracking thingy so please excuse my ignorance :D
Have a few questions:

1) Can I use a normal full-face bike helmet? Or must it be a car helmet? I read that that specs for these 2 are slightly different.
2) If car helmets are compulsory, where to get? Bike helmets are easy to get, but dunno about car helmets.
3) How much will a decent car/bike helmet cost?
4) How to pay for the participation cost of RM195?

GHs

Any helmet will do even those motorbike one, up to you how much you want to spend on the helmet, if just for event like this go buy the RM50 one also can..
In due time we will be calling for payment and we will post it here..

astroboy

taking your car in to track doesnt mean you are going to thrash your car...dont forget you are driving it ...you want to drive round the track at 60 also no problem no one is going to scold you , like i said this has got nothing to do with racing especially if you are in group 1 its about learning to take corners correctly as you cant learn to take corners on a normal road safely...driving round the track is the same as youre driving on the street only thing on the track got no hazards as tree and lamp post for you to knock into..actually taking your car in only then can you really appreciate what your car can do...for the amount you paid.

A lot of ppl have the misconception about driving on track.. this is not a competition, drive it as fast or a little faster as u would on normal road.... It's up to u how much faster you want to go or how comfortable you are with the speed.

We have a wide range of participants from different age group. The older group are a little more hesitant so they would start of slow and steady. Usually after the first session, the instructors would normally take the 'student' out in their own car and show how it's can be done.. It help to make the student understand better after they have driven on the 1st session and then shown the way by the instructors. Most students would show improvement towards the end of the day as they are better equipped and more confident....

There would be faster cars too on the track, that is why passing rules were set and to be strictly abide to.. Participants who ignore the rules would be warned. If he/she still defy the rules, a blackflag would be served and that means the driver would not be allowed on the track for that day.. If you see faster cars approaching on the straight, just wave them past. No overtaking is allowed at the corners for Group 1. Overtaking can only be done on the straights..

Just be alert and apply common human sense and you'll enjoy the day without much drama..

As for helmet, just a normal SIRIM approved bike helmet would do... This ain't racing...

If cucuk can get black flag ah..? :D What else can get black flag? Sure just over taking?

astroboy;285224 said:
If cucuk can get black flag ah..? :D What else can get black flag? Sure just over taking?

Grp1 no cucuking 2car lenghts at least...no overtaking into corners...only on the straights..

If i drive very very slow one, can i register to group 1? afraid the instructor will get damn boring with me.... afterall, my car is a slow car maa... how to go fast fast?

btw, please include me to group 1......

Jules;285017 said:
........OSF,
I will take that taxi ride with you as i need to re-assess my guys from time to time on track. So u 1st on list.....for 2008!

Oh dear, what have I got myself into? Looks like I may lose my instructor's credentials this year :stupid:

zam

you want to drive very fast also you are restricted, so dun worry slow also ok , safer for us...kekekkekek

OSFlanker;285513 said:
Oh dear, what have I got myself into? Looks like I may lose my instructor's credentials this year :stupid:

Promise, I be gentle with you!:rolleyes:

Guys, as XXX and Fabian has said, HPC is not about racing.....so no need feel pressured to "perform".

I can assure you the instructors are strict with where you can overtake and in what manner......as at the end, its about having a good time with your pride and joy in a fantastic driving venue.

Btw, even an elderly lady in a Volvo 240 has joined before......and yes, we have Lambo, 911, Ferraris even in Gp1 in past events.

You drive at your pace...remember, the THROTTLE works BOTH WAYS!

It's more on car controls...it's not racing.
You guys should come and see..then decides for the next coming events.

Got chicks also ma...

I was at Sepang SIC open track day last Sunday. wow...!!!!! it's like Federal Highway in Sepang la.

Got a lot of Lotus,Scoobies,350Z,toyotas,track cars and the fast Hondas and one fast Proton Saga E3 From Hell.( Jules,Fab...that car never learns...I've seen him going in the run off even further,twice sumore...scarrrryyyy la..!!!!! I'd rather being ban then sitting in that Saga From Hell.) But guess what..the drive time was so short....cos a lot of "unwanted" incidents la.

I was there testing a "car"...the owner of the "car" also ask me to book a whole day slot in HPC coming April...he said he doesn't want to the expensive cars that blocking his line. Owning expensive cars doesnt mean you are good driver. So he dicided to join HPC....control session at group 3 slot,better flow of traffic.

Guys...dun treat the road as a racing circuit. Wanna learn,then come HPC la.

Guys...dun treat the road as a racing circuit. Wanna learn,then come HPC la.[/QUOTE]

Bro Zoggee,

Exactly the reason why I humbly registered for the event. :top:

BTW whats the difference between open track day and HPC? How many track days are there in a year... Very the interested to go and see...

open track day its open to the public , very scary you wouldnt want to take your beemer in, unless you are very experience but the problem you are experience but you let an inexperience fella in a beat up saga knock into you.

HPC evrything is organised, the inexperience will go out with the inexperience and will be followed by an instructor as a passenger, overtaking is not allowed and you drive at your own pace..but you still can manage to take corners faster than you can do it on the open road, and this is where you learn your limits.

Top Bottom