ECU Remapping for F32 (N20 engine)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saingau

Hey guys, I went through the forums and cant seem to find out more info on ecu remaps - only active topic is Bernard BVO Singapore.

For those who did a remap from him, would like to know how's the feedback: -
1. How long have you done the remap?
2. Encountered any errors/problems?
3. If yes, how's the support since he's in SG?

Also, are there any local good ( read: reliable and honest ) ecu remappers here in KL?

Checking with my tuner. Will see if they have a map for the F32 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since your F32 is a turbo-charged engine, there are plenty of other options other than remapping ECU for power increase.
A word of advise - if you just want to do remapping only and nothing else, then just do it! But if you are planning to do other mods ie. Quad exhaust; cold air intake, piggyback aka racechip (or other brands)... Do them all first before remapping ECU because the expert will look for the optimum mapping to your engine.

Since your F32 is a turbo-charged engine, there are plenty of other options other than remapping ECU for power increase.
A word of advise - if you just want to do remapping only and nothing else, then just do it! But if you are planning to do other mods ie. Quad exhaust; cold air intake, piggyback aka racechip (or other brands)... Do them all first before remapping ECU because the expert will look for the optimum mapping to your engine.
You should not stack a remap on top of a piggyback...

To increase power for BMW turbo cars, the recommended mod would be upgrading the FMIC, DP and CAI (yes go Google the jargons first)

Personally, a piggyback tune is a safer option (plug n play and non-detectable by SC) especially for a newer model such as the F32 to avoid voiding the warranty....many brands are available in the market as the N20B20 is common in the F30s as well...piggybacks such as JB4 or Procede uses auto-tuning and changeable maps which optimizes other hardware mods done later on the car...without having to wait all the way to the end to do a remap or having to spend twice for another remap...technology has much evolved from the e60 days ....

All hail bro silverbullet
Wah... Guess I'm old to catch up with the ever changing technology :) truth be told, Ive not driven a turbocharged car before.. Oops, the correct word is "owned". Jumped from E60 straight to Porsche Carrera with NA engine.
Many things to learn :) options aplenty for turbo cars but NA is different story altogether

Any idea does changing FMIC in an under warranty F32 void the warranty??

And bros here got any recommendations on FMIC for F32?

Top Bottom