ECU Remapping for M54

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Jerman;443762 said:
Just to share.............I extracted the following from the Singapore BMW club's forum, comments from a Member on Bernard as follows,

Jan 2007
To put aside any doubts about how much are the actual gains, a before and after dyno on the M54 2.171 cc engine was done.

Factory specs:
a. 170 bhp at 6100rpm
b. 210Nm at 3500 rpm

Dyno before ecu flash:
a. 174 bhp at 6100 rpm (178 bhp at 6300 rpm)
b. 218 Nm at 3750rpm

(The car has some light mods, namely GruppeM, supersprint muffler, broquet and Volk Racing spark plugs. These may have pushed the power and torque marginally above factory specs.)

Dyno after ecu flash:
a. 194 bhp at 6100rpm (198 at 6300 rpm)
b. 242 Nm at 3900rpm

Both horsepower and torque register a gain of about 11%. Even the lowest torque of 222Nm (from 2250rpm onwards) is already above the pre-flash peak of 218Nm.

The figures now are on a par with the factory specs for M54 2.5l engine! I constantly check my rpm to see that the same power/torque is now realised at a lower rpm than before.
Bernard's background
He went to Italy for a 10 day intensive serial programming course.
Equipments that he bought back including OBDII flashing & Eprom read & write..... The only difference is Bernard will read the original map & re-write to each & individual preference/mods. Can fine tune the car till map is optimised & a near perfect AFR.

so dont wait lah unker then can REMPIT

Jerman;443762 said:
Just to share.............I extracted the following from the Singapore BMW club's forum, comments from a Member on Bernard as follows,

Jan 2007
To put aside any doubts about how much are the actual gains, a before and after dyno on the M54 2.171 cc engine was done.

Factory specs:
a. 170 bhp at 6100rpm
b. 210Nm at 3500 rpm

Dyno before ecu flash:
b. 218 Nm at 3750rpm

(The car has some light mods, namely GruppeM, supersprint muffler, broquet and Volk Racing spark plugs. These may have pushed the power and torque marginally above factory specs.)

Dyno after ecu flash:
b. 242 Nm at 3900rpm

Both horsepower and torque register a gain of about 11%. Even the lowest torque of 222Nm (from 2250rpm onwards) is already above the pre-flash peak of 218Nm.

The figures now are on a par with the factory specs for M54 2.5l engine! I constantly check my rpm to see that the same power/torque is now realised at a lower rpm than before.
Bernard's background
Equipments that he bought back including OBDII flashing & Eprom read & write..... The only difference is Bernard will read the original map & re-write to each & individual preference/mods. Can fine tune the car till map is optimised & a near perfect AFR.

Wow. Impressive! Can he do anything for the N52?

feisaldzul;443606 said:
Hi Guna,
Year and Engine?

Manufactured year 2004.what engine?all I know is that it's a 530 la bro.Me very new to BMW world

Jerman;443762 said:

Jan 2007

Factory specs:
a. 170 bhp at 6100rpm
b. 210Nm at 3500 rpm

Dyno before ecu flash:
b. 218 Nm at 3750rpm

Dyno after ecu flash:
b. 242 Nm at 3900rpm

Bernard's background

Any link to the post??? Did the bmw-sg member post any dyno sheet to prove the claim?

I am meeting up with Bernard from BVO Auto of Singapore (http://www.bvo-auto.com/) for ECU remapping this Saturday for my own car.

Bernard has asked if there is anyone else interested especially for M54 engines since he has a ready made mapping for it.

A club member recently did a remapping with him and now a happy bunny coz now he can overtake the express buses on NSE.

Here is a list of cars that uses the M54 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54

If you are interested please list down your name and cars below:

0. Name / Car
1. feisaldzul / e39
2. shaifulo / m54b30
3. funfer_fahrer M54B25 (note: only available after 10pm Saturday)
9. nazrie M54B25 (note: '9' is his favourite number. Don't ask me why?)

Kepoh List
1. pussy
2. Jerman
3. XXX

To know more about ECU Remapping vs Piggyback read here:
http://www.vrlperformance.com/Tuning/faq.htm
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/buying/...he_engine.html
http://forums.superstreetonline.com/...eng/index.html

Guna;443905 said:
Manufactured year 2004.what engine?all I know is that it's a 530 la bro.Me very new to BMW world

if 2004 should still be M54.

PM me your number if you are interested.

Thanks for your PM, feisal. I'm curious to know how this compares with a hiop tune which I'm considering. Anyone done research or can share from experience?

I am meeting up with Bernard from BVO Auto of Singapore (http://www.bvo-auto.com/) for ECU remapping this Saturday for my own car.

Bernard has asked if there is anyone else interested especially for M54 engines since he has a ready made mapping for it.

A club member recently did a remapping with him and now a happy bunny coz now he can overtake the express buses on NSE.

Here is a list of cars that uses the M54 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54

If you are interested please list down your name and cars below:

0. Name / Car
1. feisaldzul / e39
2. shaifulo / m54b30
3. funfer_fahrer M54B25 (note: only available after 10pm Saturday)
4. neoh
9. nazrie M54B25 (note: '9' is his favourite number. Don't ask me why?)

Kepoh List
1. pussy
2. Jerman
3. XXX
4. ramsing

To know more about ECU Remapping vs Piggyback read here:
http://www.vrlperformance.com/Tuning/faq.htm
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/buying/...he_engine.html
http://forums.superstreetonline.com/...eng/index.html

DATE: 8 Aug 2009
DAY: Saturday
Time: 10 PM

Thank you Feizal for being so helpful and actually even going to an extend of calling and text messaging me.I'm looking forward to feedbacks from all you guys who got it done.

Guna;444417 said:
Thank you Feizal for being so helpful and actually even going to an extend of calling and text messaging me.I'm looking forward to feedbacks from all you guys who got it done.

Yes, many thanks to Feizal for coordinating this. :top:

Just to quote a Club Member's comments after the remap on his E39 525i

"Wow, my ride felt so light and nimble. Engine so responsive, not lazy anymore. When rev still smooth and not screaming and it's quieter too. Still can't wipe out the smile on my face"

For others information (Juan PB), I have also spoken to Bernard and he is able to remap N52 engines too (E90 - 320i/323i/325i & E60 - 523i/525i/530i)

Hi,

I am also one of the participants for this event; probably the last to sign up? However I supposed I was the first to do the remapping which was around 7+pm.

Initial impression is that the engine is so much more willing to rev and provide the power to go. As a result you will find that the car seems to be much lighter and more responsive. There is now more instant throttling response; more surge power and a faster time to 180km/h.

I will be doing a dyno in the near future to get accurate figures. Will post them here again once I got them.

Overall, I am very happy to have met Bernard, and is satisfied with remapping services he has provided. I am also very thankful to this forum, Feisal specifically, for arranging this event and for the help he has rendered to me. It is a pity though for not being able to meet face to face with him and the rest of the participants. Maybe next round then? :wink:

Thanks and Regards,
Neoh

Pls post more info, esp feedback. I may be interested. I own a M54 E60 520i 2005 model. I'll join in at the next event. cheers

This is fantastic news:

Jan 2007

Factory specs:
a. 170 bhp at 6100rpm
b. 210Nm at 3500 rpm

Dyno before ecu flash:
b. 218 Nm at 3750rpm

Dyno after ecu flash:
b. 242 Nm at 3900rpm

Sounds like the perf specs for a 525i. Mine's a 520i 2.2 and it certainly needs all the help it can get from a remapping. Do let me know if this Bernard guy is in town again! and I hope to hear reviews from the rest of you that got flashed by him.

Cheers

Dyno figures are at wheel right? How much percentage do you need to add to take account a 5-speed auto's transmission losses?

To Bro Feizal,plsease do not hesitate to sms or PM or even call me the next time he is around to do the remapping.this time,I will make it a point to drive down come rain or shine(eh,wait a minute...I'm driving so it doesn't matter rain or shine what)

wow...such hip thing to re map the engine ....so E36 325i can also re-map ah?

e36 325 is an older platform, and the dme uses a non reprogramable chip. you will need to replace the chip instead, cant remap. still considered a form of tuning but with added work as the tuner will need to burn a new chip for it.

Thanks to the following who came over for the remap.
Neoh
Shaifulo
Nazrie
Funfer fahrer

And not forgetting the kepohs (the view was nice that nite)
Ramsing
Pussy
Jerman
T2ribena
wc9922
XXX

Bernard will be coming down again and will inform accordingly.
This time around he will be able to do other engines as well ie N series as well.

Will keep you informed.

feisaldzul;446752 said:
Thanks to the following who came over for the remap.
Neoh
Shaifulo
Nazrie
Funfer fahrer

And not forgetting the kepohs (the view was nice that nite)
Ramsing
Pussy
Jerman
T2ribena
wc9922
XXX

Bernard will be coming down again and will inform accordingly.
This time around he will be able to do other engines as well ie N series as well.

Will keep you informed.

wahh TQ TQ..my beast needs a remap to turn into a monster...hahahaha

Top Bottom