ECU Remapping for M54

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
johnj;446773 said:
wahh TQ TQ..my beast needs a remap to turn into a monster...hahahaha

Just curious, will re-mapping put a "stress" on the engine ?

Yes, many thanks to Feizal for coordinating this. :top:

Just to quote a Club Member's comments after the remap on his E39 525i

"Wow, my ride felt so light and nimble. Engine so responsive, not lazy anymore. When rev still smooth and not screaming and it's quieter too. Still can't wipe out the smile on my face"

For others information (Juan PB), I have also spoken to Bernard and he is able to remap N52 engines too (E90 - 320i/323i/325i & E60 - 523i/525i/530i)

After one week, I still can't wipe out the smile on my face. The car doesn't turn into a monster. A turbocharged car will probably turn into a monster. My car's character changed from autobot to decepticon and I liked it. The engine feels light, crisp and 'zingy'. The kind of tone you get when you put a concert quality strings on a concert quality classical guitar. Very sweet indeed. Climbing Bukit Lanjan hill from Jln Duta en route to Klang that night proved to be effortless. Engine loved to rev, but there is no sign of stress at all. Still quiet. To hit 180km/hr is pretty quick. I was a bit scared to go beyond that because the car was relatively 'new' to me. So, I better take it easy until I get used to it. The steering felt lighter. I would say the feeling was just right. The car also overall felt very light. Town driving is getting more fun. Low to mid range torque have improved a lot. Sometimes, I just forget how big my E39 is while driving in downtown KL because it is so nimble. Anyway, thanks to Feisaldzul, Bernard, Jerman and all the racun kaki for introducing me to this 'scheme' and saving me from spending RM299K.

etquah;446899 said:
Just curious, will re-mapping put a "stress" on the engine ?

Hi ETQuah,

With or without remap, as long as you are high-revving your engine, you are stressing the engine.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Neoh

funfer_fahrer;446906 said:
Yes, many thanks to Feizal for coordinating this. :top:

Just to quote a Club Member's comments after the remap on his E39 525i

"Wow, my ride felt so light and nimble. Engine so responsive, not lazy anymore. When rev still smooth and not screaming and it's quieter too. Still can't wipe out the smile on my face"

For others information (Juan PB), I have also spoken to Bernard and he is able to remap N52 engines too (E90 - 320i/323i/325i & E60 - 523i/525i/530i)

After one week, I still can't wipe out the smile on my face. The car doesn't turn into a monster. A turbocharged car will probably turn into a monster. My car's character changed from autobot to decepticon and I liked it. The engine feels light, crisp and 'zingy'. The kind of tone you get when you put a concert quality strings on a concert quality classical guitar. Very sweet indeed. Climbing Bukit Lanjan hill from Jln Duta en route to Klang that night proved to be effortless. Engine loved to rev, but there is no sign of stress at all. Still quiet. To hit 180km/hr is pretty quick. I was a bit scared to go beyond that because the car was relatively 'new' to me. So, I better take it easy until I get used to it. The steering felt lighter. I would say the feeling was just right. The car also overall felt very light. Town driving is getting more fun. Low to mid range torque have improved a lot. Sometimes, I just forget how big my E39 is while driving in downtown KL because it is so nimble. Anyway, thanks to Feisaldzul, Bernard, Jerman and all the racun kaki for introducing me to this 'scheme' and saving me from spending RM299K.

Great summary, bro! Not RACUN but enhancing your ride. To others who need further "re-assurance", talk to Funfer, XXX or myself. Glad to share our experience!

....I 'upsolute'ly agree that after remapping manyak syok..minyak pun syok..sebab pijak sampai syok syok..kakakka

XXX;447824 said:
....I 'upsolute'ly agree that after remapping manyak syok..minyak pun syok..sebab pijak sampai syok syok..kakakka

XXX - tak jugak laaa ... My E90 remapped by Bernard does not drink fuel ..
Infact hor - slightly cheaper now - maybe coz highway driving every weekend.

Used to be circa RM 70 (V-power) .. per trip .. Now circa RM 65 aje .. (wow big difference wor .. RM 5.00 !!! )

But power at the tap .. I opted mid-range torque ..
Last time - Gen 2 can cucuk me till kow-kow ..
Now can run abit laaa .. got laaa 1-2 tiang lampu can tinggal ...

1 more thing - i noticed no difference between V-power and normal Ron 97 fuel ..

BTW - i have added Tune Kit (like Sprint Booster laaa) ..

but nothing beats displacement ... * sigh * ...

actually, rather than have 2 separate venues for tuning, why dont combine into one location, and ask for a group discount because of more cars?? i'm sure bernard would prefer doing all at one go, and might offer a group price.

my 2 cents....

535i...nothing beats displacement ar?? s/c also can get 400nm of torque. dun pray-pray...... :p

XXX;447824 said:

unker...u bawa manyak laju dah....ada remap nanti terlalu laju wor...dun play2. :D that day i saw ur e39 tengah rempit....:wink:

ramsing;447844 said:
actually, rather than have 2 separate venues for tuning, why dont combine into one location, and ask for a group discount because of more cars?? i'm sure bernard would prefer doing all at one go, and might offer a group price.

my 2 cents....

535i...nothing beats displacement ar?? s/c also can get 400nm of torque. dun pray-pray...... :p

really ? wonder how long it takes u to tiun your SC ...

Compare apple to apple laaaa ... Like dat - i buy Golf GTI and tapau the 'might-wanna-sell" WEP xxxx ...can aaaa :eek:

ramsing;447845 said:
unker...u bawa manyak laju dah....ada remap nanti terlalu laju wor...dun play2. :D that day i saw ur e39 tengah rempit....:wink:

err...was that with the yellow Modena or the green Gallardo?:wink:

535i;447843 said:
XXX - tak jugak laaa ... My E90 remapped by Bernard does not drink fuel ..
Infact hor - slightly cheaper now - maybe coz highway driving every weekend.

Used to be circa RM 70 (V-power) .. per trip .. Now circa RM 65 aje .. (wow big difference wor .. RM 5.00 !!! )

But power at the tap .. I opted mid-range torque ..
Last time - Gen 2 can cucuk me till kow-kow ..
Now can run abit laaa .. got laaa 1-2 tiang lampu can tinggal ...

1 more thing - i noticed no difference between V-power and normal Ron 97 fuel ..

BTW - i have added Tune Kit (like Sprint Booster laaa) ..

but nothing beats displacement ... * sigh * ...

......actually got savingslah when drive like normal human..only diffrence abt 'Upsolute' is you cant tell them what you want, not like bernard...as its a standard map for specific model that they flash or so I thought, why? one of our members when for a dyno b4 the remap at 'upsolute' and found out the car has already been remapped b4 by the previous owner as the results from the dyno was not normal infact the results was greater than those remapped by a reputable international tuner..... so he was now sceptical to do the remap at 'upsolute' since upsolute's map are standard maps that have already been programmed for specific models or so we thought..so the worry is would upsolute's map make it from good to bad ...but since he already committed he went ahead with it hoping that he can flash back the old map if need be....supprise supprise the result was an improvement on the improvement....that means to say upsolute doesnt just send over a map which is all ready to be flashed on a specific model...they actually improve on what they receive...but like i said earlier upsolute not so personalise, you cant tell them where you want the improvement or to map it according to your driving style.

Hmmm...now where is that redbull to go with my 'Absolute'....this wan also very good remap..makes u do things u never thought u could...kakkakkakak

feisaldzul;447901 said:
i think he does but he needs to verify what ECU you have before confirming.

Thanks... How do I get in touch with him?
Was thinking of adding a piggy back (eg.Unichip)

XXX;447890 said:
......actually got savingslah when drive like normal human..only diffrence abt 'Upsolute' is you cant tell them what you want, not like bernard...as its a standard map for specific model that they flash or so I thought, why? one of our members when for a dyno b4 the remap at 'upsolute' and found out the car has already been remapped b4 by the previous owner as the results from the dyno was not normal infact the results was greater than those remapped by a reputable international tuner..... so he was now sceptical to do the remap at 'upsolute' since upsolute's map are standard maps that have already been programmed for specific models or so we thought..so the worry is would upsolute's map make it from good to bad ...but since he already committed he went ahead with it hoping that he can flash back the old map if need be....supprise supprise the result was an improvement on the improvement....that means to say upsolute doesnt just send over a map which is all ready to be flashed on a specific model...they actually improve on what they receive...but like i said earlier upsolute not so personalise, you cant tell them where you want the improvement or to map it according to your driving style.

Hmmm...now where is that redbull to go with my 'Absolute'....this wan also very good remap..makes u do things u never thought u could...kakkakkakak

XXX - pening aku baca - but i got your point ..
Bernard kind-off personalise my mapping ..
He said - u dun like , can tukar setting one .. :top:

Now fasting month - kenot cerita Absolute .. :rolleyes:

XXX;447890 said:

Mr.XXX,just where exactly is this Apsolute?(I'm not talking the vodka kind here)..and how much do they charge please?

XXX;447890 said:

I don't think that upsolute does a generic remapping. Every ECU is different even for the same model. For example, the ECU setting for a two different UK spec E39 2002 models can never be the same even though they share the same production line. Based on this, I strongly believe that Upsolute didn't do generic remapping. Otherwise, they won't send the original setting to Austria. The generic tuning is more suited for the piggy back style, I think.

funfer_fahrer;448147 said:
I don't think that upsolute does a generic remapping. Every ECU is different even for the same model. For example, the ECU setting for a two different UK spec E39 2002 models can never be the same even though they share the same production line. Based on this, I strongly believe that Upsolute didn't do generic remapping. Otherwise, they won't send the original setting to Austria. The generic tuning is more suited for the piggy back style, I think.

..the reason why have to send to Austria is bcos 1. its a one to one exchange in terms of sale done 2. the Austrians need to extract certain data from original to use it on their remap so that the data they send down can only be used for that particular vehicle and cannot be duplicated. (ie: ECU serial or somesort of code to work only with that ECU)

..I assume most of the time its a generic map except for special case like what Albundy went through...otherwise how did they come out with the menu, specifying
what kind of improvement for each and every model.

XXX;448244 said:
..the reason why have to send to Austria is bcos 1. its a one to one exchange in terms of sale done 2. the Austrians need to extract certain data from original to use it on their remap so that the data they send down can only be used for that particular vehicle and cannot be duplicated. (ie: ECU serial or somesort of code to work only with that ECU)

..I assume most of the time its a generic map except for special case like what Albundy went through...otherwise how did they come out with the menu, specifying
what kind of improvement for each and every model.

Guys,like where is this apsolute and what kinda charges can I expect please?

Top Bottom