E60 magnesium=makan minyak hitam bla..bla..bla

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

elclassico

Club Guest
hi guys,i know that this topic had been discussed over & over again.been reading all the past threads regarding this in the forum but cant find the answers that im looking for:1.is there any solution to overcome this problem?2.does all magnesium engine got this problem?pls school me sifus coz im looking for e60 & this issue really bothers me..thanx..

elclassico;775600 said:
hi guys,
i know that this topic had been discussed over & over again.been reading all the past threads regarding this in the forum but cant find the answers that im looking for:
1.is there any solution to overcome this problem?
2.does all magnesium engine got this problem?

pls school me sifus coz im looking for e60 & this issue really bothers me..thanx..

What are the rate of oil consumption are you experiencing? i.e. top-up 1 liter for every how many km

For previous engine like the M54B25/30 oil consumption varies from car to car ... Mine needs topping up every 5k-7k km depending on driving conditions.

Have you check your car for leaks? Have you check your CCV?

He hasn't got the car la.. looking only..

Use 5w-40 engine oil la. 5w-30 if too thin for the engine, hence evaporate lor. It's a very efficient engine. 2.5L NA pushing 218hp, same as the 3.0L N53B30. The N52B25 runs hot, a little oil loss due to evaporation is just a price to pay for that kind of horsepower. If you don't need the extra horse power (who doesn't), you can always look for the older model E60 that don't have push start button, runs on M54B25, old school tech..

2003-2005 M54B25 - 2,5 L I6- 184 hp, 1,565kg, Aluminum block, 0.1176hp/kg
2005-2007 N52B25 - 2,5 L I6- 218 hp, 1,550kg, Magnesium block, 0.1406hp/kg, 20% more hp/kg compared to M54B25
2007-2010 N53B30 - 3,0 L I6- 218 hp, 1,585kg, Magnesium block, 0.1375hp/kg, 2% more hp/kg compared to N53B30, no valvetronic motor because blocking the high pressure injector for improved smaller carbon footprint (I think) .. :p

Ya lorr .. i didn't read properly lol but it still stands though, consumption varies on car to car depending on driving conditions, wear and tear replacement and etc. Every engine in the market consume oil that is a fact but by how much that is the question.

i have been using 10w-40 plus a tufoil engine oil treatment since a year already... so far very satisfied.. No more top up engine oil...

My car also no need to top up for 1 liter...I'm using Ravenol VMO 5W-40.

Guys, please add your car description in your signature so others know what you car you driving.. louisewaw, kojak818, both of u on N52B25?

10w-40 very heavy. Very good in engine protection but suck up all the engine power.

astroboy;775706 said:
Guys, please add your car description in your signature so others know what you car you driving.. louisewaw, kojak818, both of u on N52B25?

10w-40 very heavy. Very good in engine protection but suck up all the engine power.

okokoko....

my car need to topup 1 litre after 8500km - 9000km using ravenol 0-30, usually i topup 1 litre then use for another 1k then send for service

9k km over 6.5 litre =1,284km per litre

10k km over (6.5 + 1) litre = 1,333km per litre

U did the right economical thing, compared to replacing oil every 9k km! :4:

astroboy;775685 said:
Use 5w-40 engine oil la. 5w-30 if too thin for the engine, hence evaporate lor. It's a very efficient engine. 2.5L NA pushing 218hp, same as the 3.0L N53B30. The N52B25 runs hot, a little oil loss due to evaporation is just a price to pay for that kind of horsepower. If you don't need the extra horse power (who doesn't), you can always look for the older model E60 that don't have push start button, runs on M54B25, old school tech..

Astroboy is correct. Mine is M54B25 running on Mobil 1 10W/50. No loss of engine oil :top:

on N52B25 if u use xW-40 oil, the engine not revvy and felt heavy but minus the top-up la...

on my previous N52B25, i used 5w-30 up to 60k km and then on until 130k km i use 0w-30...no engine oil top-up coz i do oil change every 7k km...engine light and revvy...

elclassico;775773 said:
thanx a lot guys for your feedback.you guys just like giving me green light.tq tq..

Nope.. you already made up your mine when you started this thread, we just dance along.. haha! :24:

Guys,
need your advice summore.how can i differentiate between M-sport & non M-sport?from my reading in this forum i knows that M-sport:
1.the internal upholstery (pillar cover,ceiling) are in black colour.
2.equipped with bucket seat.
3.window trim in black colour instead of chrome finishing.
4.the horse power for M-sport is 218hp & non M-sport is 184hp.

are there any other details that i should know?came across 1 e60 in the weekend claimed to be M-sport with all of the above mentioned detailings but with chrome window trim.is the car still M-sport then?the last thing for me to check is the hardest thing by determining the hp of that car maybe.
so what do u guys think?

M Sport is N52 magnesium la. 184hp is the old school no push start M54.

elclassico;776499 said:
Guys,
need your advice summore.how can i differentiate between M-sport & non M-sport?from my reading in this forum i knows that M-sport:
1.the internal upholstery (pillar cover,ceiling) are in black colour.
2.equipped with bucket seat.
3.window trim in black colour instead of chrome finishing.
4.the horse power for M-sport is 218hp & non M-sport is 184hp.

are there any other details that i should know?came across 1 e60 in the weekend claimed to be M-sport with all of the above mentioned detailings but with chrome window trim.is the car still M-sport then?the last thing for me to check is the hardest thing by determining the hp of that car maybe.
so what do u guys think?

Engine should be the same in hp. Unless it is a diff engine eg n52b25 vs m54b25
Suspension is also different, thicker sway bars, shorter springs
Door sills should also come with ///m sills
Sports steering

astroboy & affan,
the car come with n52b25 engine,///m sills & ///m steering.but i never & dont know how to check the suspension.the car completely like M-sport as to my eyes but curiousity arise when i saw the chrome window trim.can u guys check for me if i have the vin no?

Top Bottom