e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Lee36328;363425 said:
Spikyone,

the 328 twin exhaust has a valve which closes the flap of one of the pipes at low rpm. This valve opens up at higher rpm. Nothing wrong w your exhaust.

Next time, before you start your engine, take a look. You'll notice the right-side exhaust has a valve, which is open. Next, start your engine and take a look. The valve will have closed. At a higher rpm, it opens again.

aiya, when engine off also my flap is closed. i tot it was normal all this while.headache now. have to verify again :stupid:

thx...

Thanks for the information. Just an update...my car's doing ok...except we just had a mid-major repair.
I had the power steering refurbished with a seal kit, the gearbox gasket n seal replaced with new oil, and the front wheel bearings replaced as well. Total cost is around B$1k. Car runs sweet now, until the roof plastic puller fell off :( now I have to get it replaced.

wow! panjangnya ini thread!
sorry to hijack :)

I wanted to know what is happening to my auto e36 328i?
Whenever I accelerate hard during driving, 6500 rpm there's like an explosion sound coming from the car?
what is that?

thanks
cheers

ScuzZ;418635 said:
wow! panjangnya ini thread!
sorry to hijack :)

I wanted to know what is happening to my auto e36 328i?
Whenever I accelerate hard during driving, 6500 rpm there's like an explosion sound coming from the car?
what is that?

thanks
cheers

yah bro..
4years started thread..

A lot has happened since early this month. My "wife" was swiped by a Kembara (ST**** driver was overtaking on the left lane) and hit the right side of my car including my right front wheel. Damage was mainly restricted to the front right of my car. A day later noticed a very large puddle of liquid below my car.....power steering fluid leak!!! After reading about steering rack problems, suddenly appeared that i might have one now. However, I do notice that they is no change in steering feel. Only loud whinning noise when I turn the car's steering. Noise is gone once I top up the power steering fluid (until the reservoir drains again until half left). I suspect, its either one of the hose connecting to the reservoir is loose or a broken seal (somewhere). Can anyone with experience with Steering Rack leak advise me? Would appreciate any advise from any forumer.

While my car is undergoing surgery in a paint workshop, I have sourced parts for my suspension upgrade. Will let all know the end result. Below are pricing for parts sourced from a few places for reference:

1) Outer Lower Arm Ball Joint (Near the wheel)=RM72/pc
2) Inner Lower Arm Ball Joint = RM50/pc
3) Lower Arm Mounting (M3 Type) = RM144/pair
4) Front Absorber Mounting = RM72/pc
5) Rear Absorber Mounting = RM32/pc
6) Front Damper = RM23/pc
7) Rear Damper = RM28/pc
8) Bilstein B8 = RM2700
9) H&R=RM1050

To sachseelan, there's a small little pipe linking to the pipe with the valve...it's located above it so got to crawl under...check if it's connected...i've read from another forum that they actually disconnect this small little pipe so that the flap remains open...bunyi lagi syok...hahaha...

Too all the sifus,
WHAT IS FOAMING? i thought it was for sound proofing? but it's for handling and stiffening the chassis also?

hi tom328...

yes i've seen the little connector... i've tried disconnecting it... but without a sporty back box, not much diff ler... anyway thx for the tips..

Lee36328.. spotted ur car many times.. even yday at BSC.. i see a lot of dents on ur bodywork, vandalism ka.. mine also kena a few d in bangsar..sigh

tc..

how to mark a speed? 0-100 and top speed?
recently i mark 0-100 in 4sec+- (avrge)
top speed 295kmh according to on board computer. how to confirm?

how accurate on board meter/computer in our BMW system?

sachseelan;433560 said:
wah, lambo figures you got there man! respect!

just recently do something on engine things..
unfotunately its not 2.8L anymore...
but i'm still using M52 engine block... becoz in theory M52 nikasil coated engine block is lightweight.
may i know how accurate on board meter/computer in our BMW system?

M52 rockzz!!

bro zul...

what u did to your engine ?
i just got myself a e36 stock,
have some plan to mod it, can share your experiences?
top speed 295!! can smoke evo X liao...

thankz

RCBL;420172 said:
A lot has happened since early this month. My "wife" was swiped by a Kembara (ST**** driver was overtaking on the left lane) and hit the right side of my car including my right front wheel. Damage was mainly restricted to the front right of my car. A day later noticed a very large puddle of liquid below my car.....power steering fluid leak!!! After reading about steering rack problems, suddenly appeared that i might have one now. However, I do notice that they is no change in steering feel. Only loud whinning noise when I turn the car's steering. Noise is gone once I top up the power steering fluid (until the reservoir drains again until half left). I suspect, its either one of the hose connecting to the reservoir is loose or a broken seal (somewhere). Can anyone with experience with Steering Rack leak advise me? Would appreciate any advise from any forumer.

While my car is undergoing surgery in a paint workshop, I have sourced parts for my suspension upgrade. Will let all know the end result. Below are pricing for parts sourced from a few places for reference:

1) Outer Lower Arm Ball Joint (Near the wheel)=RM72/pc
2) Inner Lower Arm Ball Joint = RM50/pc
3) Lower Arm Mounting (M3 Type) = RM144/pair
4) Front Absorber Mounting = RM72/pc
5) Rear Absorber Mounting = RM32/pc
6) Front Damper = RM23/pc
7) Rear Damper = RM28/pc
8) Bilstein B8 = RM2700
9) H&R=RM1050

From my experience the list will go on and on from my experience though:eek:

but for now, it would depend on how deep one's pocket is. To add, this is a fantastic car club with many enthusiasts to learn from. Its a combination of all that makes the departed money feel less painful. With my previous car, it was jst getting from Point A to Point B. Now, I enjoy getting there. After a long day of work, I really look forward to my drive home. At times, I would purposely take longer journey jst to enjoy the ride. But tats jst me and my opinion.

RCBL;434543 said:
but for now, it would depend on how deep one's pocket is. To add, this is a fantastic car club with many enthusiasts to learn from. Its a combination of all that makes the departed money feel less painful. With my previous car, it was jst getting from Point A to Point B. Now, I enjoy getting there. After a long day of work, I really look forward to my drive home. At times, I would purposely take longer journey jst to enjoy the ride. But tats jst me and my opinion.

Yup i had a 325 and latter a 328 both i enjoyed very much and time had since past and family is my priority now:wink: and have to opt for a more family friendly vehicle and of course cost saving:top:

my priority wil change pretty soon too, Mikeong. I had this talk b4 with my current gf (soon to be wife) that I can't imagine myself driving a family friendly vehicle. I guess when that day comes, I really hope one of my cars parked in my garage will still be a BMW.

Top Bottom