e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Lee36328;330973 said:
My friend put K-Mac camber plates on his e30, and now he can't stop driving it... after I tried to tell him for sooo long, after trying only he believes me...

My K-Mac totally transformed my handling.

Any of you using camber plates?

I almost changed to SPC adjustable camber plates today at my tyre shop but they were out of stock :/

I think a mini E36 TT is way overdue. Need to see what kinda racun you guys have in your rides :)

Care to share your experience on the K-Mac camber plates here Lee? Is it adjustable or fixed?

Lee36328;330973 said:
My friend put K-Mac camber plates on his e30, and now he can't stop driving it... after I tried to tell him for sooo long, after trying only he believes me...

My K-Mac totally transformed my handling.

Any of you using camber plates?

bro,
where did u buy yr KMac from? how much?

At the old fuel price, SLOTH is averaging 30sen/km. At the new fuel price, it is 42sen/km. Double gulp....:eek::eek:. So I decided to garage SLOTH for the time being.:smokin::smokin:

Lee36328;330971 said:
Luckily, the 328 is currently pretty fit, at approx 11+ litre/100 km, 21-22sen/km under the old price. Now, *gulp* 30 sen/km! :eek:

weiii...berapa brg u mau?? all also want 2 kebas.....minyak naik, drive slow. not like our cbj unker, always 155mph only.....:eek:

feisaldzul;330978 said:
bro,

But that CBJ Unker with the M5 munster dah pegi to kiasuland wor... not heard from him since.:cool:

ramsing;331141 said:
weiii...berapa brg u mau?? all also want 2 kebas.....minyak naik, drive slow. not like our cbj unker, always 155mph only.....:eek:

hi guys! my autobox finish.... out of workshop 5 june... the day petrol price rise up to sky.. bloody helllllaaaa... if i know i drop manual then... now feel very lighter... FC also very very gooood (in terms of litr vs km...) cannot stop driving it... it also pump out very rush tork hohohoho i drive until fuel tank empty and refill it again ... test malam, balik rumah pagi hohohoho very excited really really happy-pill hahahahaha cannot tidur lorrr.... overdose :)

loafer;330975 said:
I almost changed to SPC adjustable camber plates today at my tyre shop but they were out of stock :/

I think a mini E36 TT is way overdue. Need to see what kinda racun you guys have in your rides :)

Care to share your experience on the K-Mac camber plates here Lee? Is it adjustable or fixed?

Sure.

suspension_kmac_front_lg.jpg

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=192416

Fully adjustable for camber and caster. Can get up to 2.x degree of negative camber.

140 kph sweepers become 160+ kph sweepers.

Makan tayar though.

feisaldzul;330978 said:
bro,

From u.s., 1k plus.

flash;331134 said:
At the old fuel price, SLOTH is averaging 30sen/km. At the new fuel price, it is 42sen/km. Double gulp....:eek::eek:. So I decided to garage SLOTH for the time being.:smokin::smokin:
Recently managed 10.494 litre/100 km = 22.4 mpg = 28.33 sen per km, regular commute to work driving with a couple of sprinting sessions. Not bad. Now very careful with right foot to avoid car learning bad habits again...

Also starting to form a conspiracy theory in my mind that not all petrol stations are equal, some seem to give me better mileage... Any similar experience with you guys?

With different brand of petrol, I do notice difference in car performance and fuel consumption. But with different petrol stations of same brand, yet to feel any difference except on 2 occassions... one had been mixing their stock with some kero (had crappy performance) and another had their underground tanks flooded with water (and almost had my engine killed...).

Lee36328;331429 said:
Also starting to form a conspiracy theory in my mind that not all petrol stations are equal, some seem to give me better mileage... Any similar experience with you guys?

ya la...the unker now going to terrorise the silly-land drivers..... at certain angles, the car looks like KITT from knight rider, coz sometimes cannot see the driver over the steering wheel. :thefinger::rock::rock::D

flash;331176 said:
But that CBJ Unker with the M5 munster dah pegi to kiasuland wor... not heard from him since.:cool:

Did a trip to Cameroon Highlands with my E36 328i recently. Total distance covered 513 kms. Cost RM151.00 (RM2.70/ltr) Works out to be around 29 sen/km. I think that's way better than my E34 525i.

And it is no wonder, larger cc engine in a smaller and lighter body...

Vincent Hor;342599 said:
Did a trip to Cameroon Highlands with my E36 328i recently. Total distance covered 513 kms. Cost RM151.00 (RM2.70/ltr) Works out to be around 29 sen/km. I think that's way better than my E34 525i.

sachseelan;342712 said:
E36 328i - Full Tank RM197.00 (3.15/Ltr) City use, max 400km's...

I get about 480km's on a full tank of petrol (I use V-Power only as well). City travelling also.

Larger footprint enhances thirst and thats why I stick to 15s for smaller f/print and the thirst is for wine, whisky and women!

Hi! Has anybody tried fitting a K&N filter? I just purchased the drop in type and installed it, However was not happy with the performance. at frst was nice then after about a month, it started getting sticky, felt like turbo car, pick up slow, then sudden surge in power. I do not hink that is normal, what do you think. anyway, I have removed the filter and reverted back to the original. Anybody with experience with this?

Was using it in my ex-E36, no issues like yours. Maybe your MAF got clog up with the oil from the air filter membrane? That is why I always make sure I do not over oil the membrane after cleaning the air filter....

rubes72;354841 said:
Hi! Has anybody tried fitting a K&N filter? I just purchased the drop in type and installed it, However was not happy with the performance. at frst was nice then after about a month, it started getting sticky, felt like turbo car, pick up slow, then sudden surge in power. I do not hink that is normal, what do you think. anyway, I have removed the filter and reverted back to the original. Anybody with experience with this?

Top Bottom