e34 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro this is a 520 so should be M50B20TU.....not a 2.5....

by the way how do u tell it comes with Vanos bro?

It's a non-vanos engine. Look at the vanos pic . The difference circled in yellow.

JeffHo

JeffHo said:
It's a non-vanos engine. Look at the vanos pic . The difference circled in yellow.

JeffHo

Jeff's right. Sorry my mistake. I mistaken non-vanos does not even have that whole separated extended block.

Thats not a Vanos ....

Yo bro tat is not a vanos engine la...tat one is same as mine M50B20 24v eng 2.5 or 2.0

thanxs

Just changed yesterday . All items New .

* Fan Clutch ( Behr ) - 230 ( 3 screws )
oil filter ( Bosch ) - 35
Labour - 20

* 4 screws is much cheaper - 190

I have some bad noise of clanck and clunck sound when i engage to a Reverse and Drive POSITION when my ride is starting to move.......what does make the strange sound of its aaayyyy.....????

Yusriyacob....how is the performance of your M50B20? I heard the 525 has a better FC than the 520....

how about the parts for the 525 vs 520? are they more or less similar but internal engine parts are different?

fish said:
Just changed yesterday . All items New .

* Fan Clutch ( Behr ) - 230 ( 3 screws )
oil filter ( Bosch ) - 35
Labour - 20

* 4 screws is much cheaper - 190

Hello fish,

Where did you service your ride? I found the oil filter is pretty expensive. It should not execeed RM30. Normally it's between 25-27.

Hi Tong,

I service my car at BM TECH ( USJ 19 ) .

ooops it's fuel filter . I changed it once a year.

oil filter. ( should be 20 )

rgds

Fuel filter - RM25 (3yr old filter's reverse flow drains out murky fuel!)
Valve cover bush (RM8/piece) - RM120
Valve cover gaster - RM95
Ventilation pipe connector - RM38
Vent. hose (big) - RM55
Vent. hose (small) - RM25

Labor for all of above - RM95

370564773_088ac94f7a_o.jpg

(the dark portion on the rod is my shadow)
370564846_a68c05f29b_o.jpg

There's a thick hose near the oxygen sensor. What is the name of this part and what is the cost?

air flow sensor

fellow udm-ers
my E34's air flow meter needs to be replaced & my mech says its about rm500 from chop shop. fair price?
thanks a bunch
ric

feizaldzul, congats man. very successfull thread.

i wonder if anybody can make a summary for a complete list. that way we can have a reference before going to the workshop. been maintaining my dad's e34 these few months, each time the car gets out from the shop, i'm set back almost 2k. many wear and tear parts. or so they claim... but when i look at the parts they took out, it really was worn out. i sent the car in at about 3 months interval.

anybody rajin enough to compile end-user service manual, pack with trouble shooting and common cases, recommendations, etc? LOL. but if there really was one, i'd be the first to buy it. it does not need to be endorsed by AB, just user experience and accounts to pampering their beloved e34. 143 listed drivers, i think its worth pursuing.

SAM.

nimy;458300 said:
Why this thread not updated? might help new e34 user like me..

Me also not realised this thread exist...mod, could you please move this thread to E34 thread?

nimy;458300 said:
Why this thread not updated? might help new e34 user like me..
Okey Nimy..to restart...

Change my cracked windscreen..(no insurance sigh...) at Dr. Cermin, locally made Pilkington..rm700 + pasang...:love:

20/08/09

Bought rear white light original Hella from BA rm 235-00 each...:love:

Trying hard to revive this thread...
things that I recently replaced...
IMG_1488-1.jpg

Top Bottom