e34 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;742464 said:
funny, yours did not cost much, you didn't change any parts ? must have been a clean swap...
Yes bang...according to Fatty, nothing else to be change, only oil.... the engine running so smooth until I regret selling it..:4:

Hi guys,
I would like to ask for your opinion. How's the performance of the E34 M20B20 with manual gearbox?
I'm asking because there's one for sale, priced quite reasonably and in good condition. Is it very underpowered or adequate? Is there a huge difference between this and the E34 with the M50B20, also manual box?

I want to use the car normally, town driving and within speed limit highway cruising. No need for speed,... well..maybe rarely, once in a while.

Due to the heavy weight nature of e34, i would suggest you to opt for at least 2.5l engine regardless its m20 or m50.

You need the low-rpm, part throttle torque to get the car move around easily. Its easier during junctions exits and start stop traffic.

Cheers! :)

via Tapatalk

lozo, how's the performance of your e34? I noticed your thread on your car...
nice.

-fm-;745135 said:
lozo, how's the performance of your e34? I noticed your thread on your car...
nice.

Best is to test drive both the 520i & 525i then you decide. Different people will have different level of expectation.

Come to TT & i am sure some of the forummers are nice enough to let you test drive or take u for a ride.

If we manage to meet in future, you can test drive my M50 525i.

Hi julian,
I've yet to have any chance of a test drive. Thanks a lot for the offer. M50 525 with 192bhp is more than enough for me :)

ghee obsession

I read a lot of ghee being mentioned in this forum. What's the obsession with this ghee thing? cooking ka? I don't understand. cerita sikit... :) hehehe

1. Mobil 1 semi-synthetic 1.5 x 4L (bought from Tesco @ RM80/4L)
2. Oil filter (bought from Bavarian Auto)
3. Sparkplugs - RM120
4. ATF - RM300
5. ATF filter - RM60
6. Gaskets - RM55
7. Fuel filter - RM40
8. Brake fluid - RM30
9. Labour - RM200

does anyone know the cost of a cabin air filter? and, is cabin filter and aircond filter the same?

Iylia H;747589 said:
does anyone know the cost of a cabin air filter? and, is cabin filter and aircond filter the same?

yes, the same. see item

17.png

Iylia H;747589 said:

Bro,

I believe Bavarian auto was selling about RM100 + -

I changed mine about 6 months back....very the dirty....after that aircond like supercool....:top:

maccasel;747767 said:
Bro,

I believe Bavarian auto was selling about RM100 + -

I changed mine about 6 months back....very the dirty....after that aircond like supercool....:top:

just bought it yesterday... cost me rm100 on the dot at bavarian auto. I diy-ed it myself.. difficulty level is 3/10. it's a very tight squeeze due to the steering column being in the way of the installation.

1>Fabricate power steering hose Rm 125
2)Distributor cap (for M 20) Rm 120
3)Timing Belt Rm 40
4)Fan Belt Rm 15
5)oil filter Rm14
6)Bearing Rm 60
7)oil seal Rm 25 x 2 =Rm 50
8)Crank pulley oil seal Rm 27
9)Power steering belt Rm 14
10) Pure guard engine oil 10w-40 x 5 lit Rm 85
workmanship Rm 150

Hi Anakin,

getting pangs of regret i see. I know how it feels. I had agonizing regret after selling my last car. It will pass.
but nice color and hot rims!

deepblueE34;757881 said:
Hi Anakin,

getting pangs of regret i see. I know how it feels. I had agonizing regret after selling my last car. It will pass.
but nice color and hot rims!
Yea...regret big time, probably the worst decision I ever made in life!!

lozo;757884 said:
Cantik tuh :thumbup:

Colour e60 kan?
via Tapatalk
I don't know about the colour code...the owner called me up to see this beauty...and I was like crying!

Top Bottom