DIY Xenon Headlight Adjusters - Successful

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
haywire;510606 said:
I think the former owner already tried to fix the light by using bespoke homemade / workshop made adjuster. Looks like it anyway.

I think so..Bro do u have any photo for this part? As the end will be different if we use the normal adjuster.

P4070045-1.jpg

Sorry bro I didnt take much photos as all are available on the DIY guide..so wasnt really taking photos...

but from the diy guide..it looks like this (image a bit blurred though)

4501464680_360859d26d_o.jpg

basically its a plastic piece that holds the ball end of the adjuster. quite hard plastic.

UPDATE: found another photo of the socket:

32958d1168157697-adventures-headlight-adjusters-ball-socket.jpg

Bro, i think if you dont have that socket you're stuck. I have never seen anyone replace that part..if its missing you're gonna have a hard time finding it.

Doesn't the bespoke 'adjuster' work? You might wanna put it back together..

okay got a clearer picture now...this is it! the top small plastic piece:

headlightadjustersandonesocket.jpg

headlightadjustersocket-2.jpg

repairedsockets-2.jpg

The headlight i opened yesterday is my spare set headlight. The adjuster seems like replaced by someone before with the 'bespoke'. I can not find any small plastic piece there..:withstupid:

Hopefully my headlight is not the same with this headlight.:63:

This is where the ball joint sit inside, u have to push the motor in then slide it out from its track.

P40700561.jpg

bmw7833;510855 said:
This is where the ball joint sit inside, u have to push the motor in then slide it out from its track.

P40700561.jpg

No wonder you could not get it out.. The previous instruction was to slide to the right. Your picture is showing to slide to the LEFT. Guess this means depend on which headlamp you are working with...i.e. LEFT or RIGHT Headlamp. :smokin:

jarance;510874 said:
No wonder you could not get it out.. The previous instruction was to slide to the right. Your picture is showing to slide to the LEFT. Guess this means depend on which headlamp you are working with...i.e. LEFT or RIGHT Headlamp. :smokin:

Indeed. Unless u are doing by your own hand, otherwise by referring to the pic shown is nothing to be understand.

What type of glue u recommended to glue the cover back?

bmw7833;510877 said:
Indeed. Unless u are doing by your own hand, otherwise by referring to the pic shown is nothing to be understand.

Just buy a Glue gun with a heater type. alternative clear silicon glue with do nicely.

bmw7833;510877 said:

Did you use an oven to heat the headlight? If so the black gloop silicone (existing) is sufficient...just heat it again and put it together again. It'll seal up nicely.

bimmer73;511282 said:
How many days did it take you to do the job.

Shoudn't take too long, I have done my first one in just over an hour and a half, the second one close to half an hour once u know what you're doing.

X Benz;513492 said:
he he he..we are are actually doing the job so didnt have time to read this thread..but our project tak jadi...!

U are changing your adjuster too? Group DIY?

bmw7833;513494 said:
U are changing your adjuster too? Group DIY?

Sound like a idea.

OK, my place this Sunday from 12:00 noon onward in Klang.

Disclaimer: I do all the hard work but if your headlight got destroy, not my problem. :thefinger:

jarance;513564 said:
Sound like a idea.

OK, my place this Sunday from 12:00 noon onward in Klang.

Disclaimer: I do all the hard work but if your headlight got destroy, not my problem. :thefinger:

Only this Sunday in Klang?

bmw7833;513568 said:
Only this Sunday in Klang?

other days depend on the mood.. :rock:

I got industrial heat gun that can melt plastic if you all want to try it.

I surrender..

After a few hours try to open the lens, i think i am failed.

Just check my headlight which mfg on year 2005 by Hella, the seal should be some kind of epoxy, even i put them into oven, i still can not managed to open the lens.

The spare headlight which i opened last week is mfg on year 2001, so the seal is different with my headlight.

Nw looking another way to replace the adjuster..

Top Bottom