DIY Xenon Headlight Adjusters - Successful

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi to all bro's here. Wanna ask some help. The lowbeam light of my e39 not lighting up. Any chance i can just change the bulb or anything? Any place that i can go beside car workshop? Some accesories shop can recommend? Really appreciate..:)

Are u using the HID? If yes, probably the ballast kaput. U can try to swap left-right to check.

Unfortunately no bro...:) plan to change to taiwan made hid but no budget yet..so meantime it is still original..:)

tkm;590421 said:
Unfortunately no bro...:) plan to change to taiwan made hid but no budget yet..so meantime it is still original..:)

Aiseh, how come no budget, nowadays HID is dirty cheap, u can get them in less than RM250.

bimmerholic;590576 said:
Care to share where did you source yours? Tq.

Cheap does not mean good :4:

My previous HID from benjichris88 only used for 12 months then gone.

Want to join me to order from US? We share the freight cost. :4:

Hehe...yah i thought its very expensive to install one, didn't know it can be so cheap. How much would it be to order in bulk? I don't mind if we can share the freight cost...:)

Bro bmw7833 and hofmeister, where did you all install the HID wif just less than RM250 or RM120/pair. Any chance can recommend me to go there? Now my car its like eagles with one eye...hehehe

tkm;590629 said:
Hehe...yah i thought its very expensive to install one, didn't know it can be so cheap. How much would it be to order in bulk? I don't mind if we can share the freight cost...:)

I was quoted about USD100 for the so call 'lifetime' warranty 55W HID slim ballast kit, 35W is USD10 cheaper.

Lifetime just for sweet, as we need to send back to US to claim the warranty if really kaput one day.

tkm;590630 said:
Bro bmw7833 and hofmeister, where did you all install the HID wif just less than RM250 or RM120/pair. Any chance can recommend me to go there? Now my car its like eagles with one eye...hehehe

I bought mine from a GB organized by benjichris88 last time.

bimmer73;456901 said:
Again a step by step of my Left Headlight

1. remove headlights - 4 no. 8mm bolts located next to radiator and below balast
2. Low beam Broken adjuster and where the ball sits - Remove this item the ball holder in tis picture using the * screw driver and the longer piece using a no. 10mm box socket turning the manual adjustment nut black in color turning it anti clockwise until it is released remmember the position of the adjuster refer to earlier pics.
3. Hibeam adjusters are not visible. removing same proceduer as the first.

Why i cannot see the pictures that bimmer73 mentioned ?Where are the pictures ?

tweiboon;607034 said:
Why i cannot see the pictures that bimmer73 mentioned ?Where are the pictures ?

He already removed the pic since he offer the service now.

I think i know how to change the adjusters without open the headlights, i will try again see i can do it or not. But now i need to find a very long and thin screw driver to open the small screw at the ball holder.

Finally i able to change the adjusters on my own.

For changing both adjusters is not hard.

1.You need to remove the angel eye fibre optic transporter in order to remove the high beam adjuster ball holder.
2.Remove left right beam ball holder
3.with a very tight space put in both adjusters into it's position.
4.Put back ball holders and lock the ball holders to adjusters then your job is done.

Once you have locked the ball holder to adjuster , you will never able to take out again without open the headlight.

Top Bottom