DIY Xenon Headlight Adjusters - Successful

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;492836 said:
I have the PDF file too. I dont think that bimmer73 and Tribena dismantled the lens from the body lar..Am i right Tribena??

Sumore, i dont have such big ovan ler..:eek:

hair dryer... 2KW type.. will be a bit slow but at least you dont melt the plastic casing.

Guys, I have done both the pre-facelift and facelifted xenon hella lights. (Bought new facelift light with broken adjusters, replaced the adjusters, and also replace the existing old pre-facelift adjuster before selling it). Pre-facelift is dead easy compared to the facelifted one. As bro Jarance have posted the facelifted version DIY manual, here I present the pre-facelift DIY manual for you guys:

http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/headlightadjustment/Adjustment-fix.htm

Bro bmw7833, you dont need a big oven, enough if you can put in one side, keep the oven door open, and when hot enough pry one side out. Then put it back in the oven for the other side and continue. I have done that with my small oven. Tried hairdryer but too slow process.

Any question let me know. Hope this helps

Hi Haywire,

Is my headlights considered pre-or facelifted lamps?

Cheers,
Neoh

haywire;506944 said:
Guys, I have done both the pre-facelift and facelifted xenon hella lights. (Bought new facelift light with broken adjusters, replaced the adjusters, and also replace the existing old pre-facelift adjuster before selling it). Pre-facelift is dead easy compared to the facelifted one. As bro Jarance have posted the facelifted version DIY manual, here I present the pre-facelift DIY manual for you guys:

Bro bmw7833, you dont need a big oven, enough if you can put in one side, keep the oven door open, and when hot enough pry one side out. Then put it back in the oven for the other side and continue. I have done that with my small oven. Tried hairdryer but too slow process.

bmw7833;506780 said:
Any update?

sorry for late.. was told that the shop is Eagle Eyes in Auto-City’s Taman Mutiara but the service was not so good, according to my friend. You might try to visit them if you wish..

Hi BMW2007,

Thanks for the reply. Been there to enquired too, but was told they were unable to do it... for now.

So now have to wait and see if there's any good deal involving good condition headlights out there. :)

Cheers,
Neoh

BMW2007;507016 said:
sorry for late.. was told that the shop is Eagle Eyes in Auto-City’s Taman Mutiara but the service was not so good, according to my friend. You might try to visit them if you wish..

haywire;506944 said:

Thanks bro.

I am poor in DIY..:eek:

Bro neoh, this is the pre-facelift light:

4418696690_2695f251cd_b.jpg

From my research when I was repairing my headlight..be noted that post 2003 facelift lights are glued shut with epoxy glue...and does not open using the oven heating method. Some guys in the US can still open it but I dont know how. So if you buy new headlight, and later the adjusters broke inside it i dont know how you can repair it.

Just so u guys know.

And there's also aluminium adjusters available in the UK (can post to overseas) which will never break once installed.

This is my post in my Showroom thread:

haywire;500275 said:
Aluminium adjusters to replace the broken plastic ones..should never break again hehe

4419034759_48203d0f87_o.jpg

4419800368_c61da35048_o.jpg

Installed in the headlight housing

Hi Haywire,

Thanks for showing me the pic for the pre-facelift headlamps.

Yup, I saw your photos on your headlamp adjuster replacement DIY project. Very good work there and noted your comments on the degree of difficulty for DIY on facelift headlamps. That was why we were asking if there's anyone who can help... :)

Cheers and thanks!
Neoh

Hi BMW7833,

Yes indeed, I am very interested! As of now, my beam throw is very low... too low in fact to be safe at night...

Cheers!
Neoh

bmw7833;507039 said:
neohkw, do u plan to change the headlight adjuster as well?

Try to DIY to change the headlight adjuster for my spare set headlight.

P4070047.jpg

P4070044.jpg

Found out that the adjuster is not the same as we normal see. Curious why arr?

P4070046.jpg

P4070045.jpg

After two hours, i still not managed to take out the adjuster motor from the body..:(

P4070053.jpg

P4070054.jpg

This is the manual to remove the motor..not easy tho, there must be some trick to remove it.

untitled-2.jpg

I think you have to push the reflector from the front so that it is tilted toward the adjuster motor.
It allow the round ball to move away from the holder so that you can slide it out as shown in the picture.

jarance;510590 said:
I think you have to push the reflector from the front so that it is tilted toward the adjuster motor.
It allow the round ball to move away from the holder so that you can slide it out as shown in the picture.

Tried. Still can not..Geram betul! :motz:

I think the former owner already tried to fix the light by using bespoke homemade / workshop made adjuster. Looks like it anyway.

The adjuster motor finally OUT!!!

P4070057.jpg

Fuhhhh...now time to replace my own headlight.

Top Bottom