DIY Xenon Headlight Adjusters - Successful

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bimmer73, how i gonna to take out the height adjuster module?

I have tried an hour but still can not get it out!

10022010.jpg

10022010001.jpg

bmw7833;492071 said:
Did u change yours?

yea i did it sometime in Nov last year. Took pics but haven't upload yet. BTW mine's a pre-facelift lights which means it's pry-able and the adjusters are different in size and shape and also cheaper compared to post-facelift.

Will upload pics soon.

Aiseh..i tot u are facelift light. Prefacelift is much more easy i know, anyway waiting for your pic..

bmw7833;492073 said:
bimmer73, how i gonna to take out the height adjuster module?

I have tried an hour but still can not get it out!

U have not dismantled everything at the back. That's why 1 hour also cannot take out the broken adjusters, not enough access.

Time Record is T2ribena, 1 pair of headlights change out adjusters in 45 mins.....fast car fast hands.

wc9922;492202 said:
U have not dismantled everything at the back. That's why 1 hour also cannot take out the broken adjusters, not enough access.

Time Record is T2ribena, 1 pair of headlights change out adjusters in 45 mins.....fast car fast hands.

What thing that i need to dismantle? The rubber boot is intact there.

HELP ME! :eek:

bmw7833;492215 said:
What thing that i need to dismantle? The rubber boot is intact there.

HELP ME! :eek:

rubber boot can be removed la. Just try pulling it outwards. boleh punye.

bimmerholic;492224 said:
rubber boot can be removed la. Just try pulling it outwards. boleh punye.

I ddint open the lens ler.. how to pull outward?

bmw7833;492229 said:

maybe it would help if you can a picture of the actual headlamp (front view, back view, bottom view and side view)

eg as shown.
headlightupgrade-1-3.jpg

Here you go.

The back view
10022010006.jpg

10022010004.jpg

10022010005.jpg

The top view

10022010007.jpg

10022010012.jpg

The bottom view

10022010008.jpg

Do i need to remove these three screws?

10022010011.jpg

The height adjuster module that i have no idea how to remove.

10022010013.jpg

U can see that the rubber boot is intact there.
10022010010.jpg

just be patient.. I will try to work with your picture with some photoediting..

May combine with some e36 headlamp for better illustration.. Let me check my old files..

Take out the rubber seals and the tilt actuator motor. Then follow the info provided by bimmer73. release old adjusters, pry out the ball sockets, etc...... few pages back. U can do it man. Better sit at a table with enough light and tools.

jarance;492287 said:
just be patient.. I will try to work with your picture with some photoediting..

May combine with some e36 headlamp for better illustration.. Let me check my old files..

:eek:

wc9922;492378 said:
Take out the rubber seals and the tilt actuator motor. Then follow the info provided by bimmer73. release old adjusters, pry out the ball sockets, etc...... few pages back. U can do it man. Better sit at a table with enough light and tools.

I am not so understand what bimmer73 write uo sumore he deleted the front page for the most important info liao.

bmw7833;492395 said:
:eek:

I am not so understand what bimmer73 write uo sumore he deleted the front page for the most important info liao.

Post # 13 starts where he tells you what to do. You have to dismantle things and get to this part. Should be ok ma for you.

bmw7833;492229 said:

I think you need to heat up the headlamp in an oven to loosen the glue in an OVEN.
(your wife is gonna to kill you for that) :listen:

I think a heat gun might do the job just as well.. hee.. hee.. I have one.. :love:

haha...at the end of the manual, it says "good luck and repair at your own risk..."

Hi there,

Regarding the adjusters for E39, an sifu in Penang or will be in Penang and can help me fix my headlight adjusters for a fee? Let me know ya.

Cheers,
Neoh

neohkw;492582 said:
Hi there,

Regarding the adjusters for E39, an sifu in Penang or will be in Penang and can help me fix my headlight adjusters for a fee? Let me know ya.

Cheers,
Neoh

maybe in auto-city, kind of heard about it from my friend... let me confirm with him after CNY.

jarance;492523 said:
I think you need to heat up the headlamp in an oven to loosen the glue in an OVEN.
(your wife is gonna to kill you for that) :listen:

I think a heat gun might do the job just as well.. hee.. hee.. I have one.. :love:

I have the PDF file too. I dont think that bimmer73 and Tribena dismantled the lens from the body lar..Am i right Tribena??

Sumore, i dont have such big ovan ler..:eek:

Top Bottom