[DIY] My E46 carputer project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hello there, It's great seeing someone doing such an advance DIY mod here in Penang. Would really like to meet up with you to see the results of your endeavor :top:. Where do you work by the way, your location seems to suggest Motorola or Altera?

Over_Boost;691015 said:
Hello there, It's great seeing someone doing such an advance DIY mod here in Penang. Would really like to meet up with you to see the results of your endeavor :top:. Where do you work by the way, your location seems to suggest Motorola or Altera?

Hi Over_Boost, definitely can meet up but the car is now not doing all that well until another DIY project. It's Altera. Nice to meet you. Cheers.

Any other cumming project bro..? Btw, this carputer project is one of the DIY project that I loike most..!

Bro, no interesting project in the pipeline. Currently still waiting to fix the car. Any good project to suggest?

aidilj;711706 said:
Bro, no interesting project in the pipeline. Currently still waiting to fix the car. Any good project to suggest?

No project in head right now la bro.. Cause project yg ada pun masih tergantung2 xsiap lg :stupid:

Software update

Time for software update after more than a year. Things done

1. format
2. install win 7 home premium 32bit
3. new version of centrafuse, centrafuse 4
4. update GPS map MFM 120514

Coming next

1. phone integration - need mic and bluetooth

Pixx

CPU out
DSC06338.jpg

Driver installation
DSC06341.jpg

new OS - Win 7
DSC06342.jpg

new centrafuse
DSC06344.jpg

new map
DSC06343.jpg

BlackCat;744438 said:
Why aren't you using RoadRunner or even Simplistique?

In my trial, roadrunner needed more work to do the same thing while not centrafuse. And centrafuse interface is more polished than symplistique. Roadrunner would be suitable for the software tinkerer..

I way toying the two some years back... Kinda liked the typeface and the amber 'OEM' feel of the whole interface.

Left the project on my laptop as I could not find a suitable base computer small enough to fit the double din without the E46 aircond 'hack' back then except for the Mac Mini :(

BlackCat;744456 said:
I way toying the two some years back... Kinda liked the typeface and the amber 'OEM' feel of the whole interface.

Left the project on my laptop as I could not find a suitable base computer small enough to fit the double din without the E46 aircond 'hack' back then except for the Mac Mini :(

Exactly Bro BC, did see some very nice roadrunner skin done for BMW last time. And the amber matches the dash well.

Yup, proper double din would require the air con hack. What's next since you have the multimedia head unit already. Keep it up, don't stop tinkering..

Dual projector & devil eyes!!! I'll be prowling the roads in your neighborhood soon enough... ***devilish laugh***

But before that, we need to have that racun session on how to this lar bro...

BlackCat;744501 said:
Dual projector & devil eyes!!! I'll be prowling the roads in your neighborhood soon enough... ***devilish laugh***

But before that, we need to have that racun session on how to this lar bro...

Bro are you coming tomorrow? We can talk then.. but Penang chapter are leaving early, cannot chill too long unless we reach the top early :evil:

I may have to miss the hill climb tomorrow... :( :( :(

Long story...

Nvm, will plan on the next outing.

BlackCat;744512 said:
I may have to miss the hill climb tomorrow... :( :( :(

Long story...

Nvm, will plan on the next outing.

It's okay, there will always be next time

in the meantime, I'll leave you with this

DSC_0875.jpg

JFT63;745460 said:
Mata Langsi tu........heheheh

Cikgu, jgn mata langsuei dah!!! Hahaha... With red devil eyes, dari jauh org dah lari!!! Hehehe...

Top Bottom