Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ljsaw, if u look at it closely, the alignment of the black panel and the red trim not aligned nicely. ard 2-3mm gap. same like mine.

ljsaw;776881 said:
Here are some photos that I have taken. I guess, I am the unlucky one to be allocated with a lemon F30.

Dash:
View attachment 26736

Seat:
View attachment 26737

Defects reported to BMW Sg Besi. Pending a response.

jan999, it's going to be a common problem for the first few batches of SKD cars.
We can only report it and wait for response from BMW Malaysia.

I am prepared for more problem to come. :) I am still keeping my cool about it. All I can do is sharing my experience and the problem I have noted with fellow owners.

The car is still under warranty and I will claim as many times as I could within the period.

yap,nothing much can do except to feed back and wait for rectification.

its not about what, but the time to be consumed. i too lazy to drive 1 hour to the SC and then the reply like, bla bla bla.

then once rectified, take back gotta drive 1 hour again to reach SC and another hour to back home. waste of time purely.

Bro ljsaw was the car delivered in this condition or started only after you start driving the car?any other owners of SKD units with similar problems?

Noticed the car seat when the car was delivered and this was reported two weeks ago. I am still waiting for a new set of front seats from BMW. But the gap on the dashboard was noticed recently, of which, I believed it came in this condition as the car is always indoor and I dont think this was due to the weather.

Also, one more thing that I didnt share was the BMW logo on the trunk, it was defective too. It has a black dot on the top right (white) quadrant which is visible. Aftersales team has taken a photo of it and agreed to change it.

Wah....can make a checklist already.....I think I refuse to accept next time unless the car is free from defect.....I wonder if we could inspect the car first before parting with big sum of money......:rolleyes:

These are just cosmetic defects. So I am alright with it.

The ride is good and I like the handling. Engine is good and I think the sound system is alright. out of 10, I give the car a rating of 7. My wife just got her C250 (CKD) two days ago and I must say that the built quality of the car is fantastic and sound insulation is much better than the F30. Of course, the performance of a C250 is not comparable to a beemer.

I think I have learnt my lesson, I will never get a SKD car anymore, especially beemer. Other brands are still alright, I think.

bro ljsaw is quite gentleman in this aspect. i think i quite barbaric and will yell at the sales manager.

so they will change the entire seat for u?

quite surprise that C250 slower than 320i.

If I am not mistaken,the CBU units of the F30 in Malaysia are from South Africa n not mother Germany,so this tells you our workers standard and business ethics are worst off then the Africans,so much for our aim if being a developed nation..

well jan999, this is what I understand. hope they keep their words as I dont have confirmation. Anyway, I will keep you posted on the outcome.

No point shouting at the sales manager, save the energy and start looking for a new car. haha, joking.
The harder you go on them, the more stubborn they will be. So I have learnt from my past experience dealing with these guys, keep your cool and they will agree with everything you say. My experience with the aftersales has been good so far and claims have been put thru without additional questions asked.

haha, i just joking la. i will talk like a gentleman although i am a ah beng, lol

lets share our outcome here

C250 is faster than 320i. maybe the 320i is noisier so it feels faster. noise does give the illusion of speed (=

c250 is 7.2s (although my neighbor measured 6.9s)
320i is 7.6s

ljsaw;776881 said:
Here are some photos that I have taken. I guess, I am the unlucky one to be allocated with a lemon F30.

Dash:
View attachment 26736

Seat:
View attachment 26737

Wow the gap is big, I am speechless. But I think the trim piece is detachable, and so I think its just a matter of adjustment of the trim fittings. For the seat, you should try to ask for replacement

Jason

Keep my finger cross !!!

At last my faulty replacement parts arrived (After 4 months of agonizing experience). they will fixed : 1) Steering knocking sounds & 2) Coolant tank. Im hoping for a positive outcome and keep my finger cross.

hi all, im new here. Does anyone find the f30 jerky even when not on ASS mode, its like when im on highway and cruising its fine, but when i stop and brake and accelerate again, i find the tempo a bit uneven and jerky...is that normal? thanks ..

natalie;777056 said:
hi all, im new here. Does anyone find the f30 jerky even when not on ASS mode, its like when im on highway and cruising its fine, but when i stop and brake and accelerate again, i find the tempo a bit uneven and jerky...is that normal? thanks ..
It may be the clutch giving problem. Should send back to the workshop.

natalie;777056 said:
It may be the clutch giving problem. Should send back to the workshop.

Wolfdire;776955 said:
If I am not mistaken,the CBU units of the F30 in Malaysia are from South Africa n not mother Germany,so this tells you our workers standard and business ethics are worst off then the Africans,so much for our aim if being a developed nation..

our country IS NOT DEVELOPED and will NOT BE DEVELOPED!!its always a third world country!!

ljsaw;776881 said:

Dash:
View attachment 26736

Seat:
View attachment 26737

i really feel that disappointment on ur behalf bro...its so lemon n limau kasturi lah!!if dismantle ur car,i wonder if find proton or perodua parts inside??

Top Bottom