Delivery of F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;755786 said:
Hey Zul.. How've you been sir? I quite agree that the E90 lines are more masculine. The F30 by comparison is a bit girly la.. That's why must opt for Melbourne Red to compensate :)

Im good thanks. Just been busy with work here n there. Heh heh..melbourne red is too "young" for me...prefer the lower profile colors. One thing abt BMW styling though, is that they kinda grow on you as you see them over the years. The E90 was kinda conservative looking to me when it first same out in 2005. But now i love all the lines on it. I have bored my wife countless times showing her how this line and that line intersect..merge, reflect light...around the car...;) i now think that the pre face lift version of the E90 is near perfect...i still remember people used to say that the rear lights look like japanese design...Chris Bangle got it right with this model..So lesson learnt? With Bmw cars, just be open to new ideas and never say never...:) one more week for me before i welcome the F model code.

bro, lets do an E30 teh tarik soon. you still have your sepang bronze girl right? then the next round we just change alphabet to F lah :wink:

mizhan;755786 said:
Hey Zul.. How've you been sir? I quite agree that the E90 lines are more masculine. The F30 by comparison is a bit girly la.. That's why must opt for Melbourne Red to compensate :)

F30 girly? That's an unusual comment. I've been washing the F30 myself and I found that there are more bulges & creases on the F30 body panels compared to the E90.

The F30 has better proportion compared to the E90, hence it looks more relax compared to E90 which looks tense (masculine?) That's my 2 cents, haha!

styling is a subjective matter.. and my comments are entirely my own. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. yes, i do find the F30 comparatively more feminine than earlier models, which is one of the reasons why i bought one :wink:

If I were to choose a word to describe the 3 Series from E36 to F30 range it would be:

stoutplay_w2("S0786200")

(stout) adj. stout·er, stout·est 1. Having or marked by boldness, bravery, or determination; firm and resolute.
2. Strong in body; sturdy.
3. Strong in structure or substance; solid or substantial.
4. Bulky in figure; thickset or corpulent.
5. Powerful; forceful.
6. Stubborn or uncompromising

Item 4 is most descriptive of the difference between the E90 and F30. E90 is more so, while the F30 is less so.

Jason

After few days with F30, this is what I found compared to my previous E90 323i :

1. Car feel lighter and more powerful
2. Handling not as good as E90
3. Miss the comfort access (always accidentally touch the door handle trying to open the door and figure out need to use remote instead)
4. Sound system marginally better
5. Prefer the new button steering, can easily change song via the LCD instead of i-drive screen.
6. More relax drive due to softer suspension.
7. Miss the inline-6. N20 is quite noisy.

Overally, F30 is more suitable for me as I am getting older and would prefer more relax drive.

Bruce_Z;755837 said:
Im good thanks. Just been busy with work here n there. Heh heh..melbourne red is too "young" for me...prefer the lower profile colors. One thing abt BMW styling though, is that they kinda grow on you as you see them over the years. The E90 was kinda conservative looking to me when it first same out in 2005. But now i love all the lines on it. I have bored my wife countless times showing her how this line and that line intersect..merge, reflect light...around the car...;) i now think that the pre face lift version of the E90 is near perfect...i still remember people used to say that the rear lights look like japanese design...Chris Bangle got it right with this model..So lesson learnt? With Bmw cars, just be open to new ideas and never say never...:) one more week for me before i welcome the F model code.

Zul, you're right. Esp on the F30, one observation is the lines and the ensuing shadows, more apparent in colours such as Glacier Silver. It makes the car looks very modern, like a sculptured blade. Few ppl appreciate this aspect which you won't find on A4s and Cs!

a5glude;755937 said:
After few days with F30, this is what I found compared to my previous E90 323i :

1. Car feel lighter and more powerful
2. Handling not as good as E90
3. Miss the comfort access (always accidentally touch the door handle trying to open the door and figure out need to use remote instead)
4. Sound system marginally better
5. Prefer the new button steering, can easily change song via the LCD instead of i-drive screen.
6. More relax drive due to softer suspension.
7. Miss the inline-6. N20 is quite noisy.

Overally, F30 is more suitable for me as I am getting older and would prefer more relax drive.

I would assume u r talking about F30 328i (reference to N20 :top: )

In regards to Item 3 and 7... I'm quite surprised... u mean 328i doesn't comes with comfort access?
On top of that... for item 7... the sound insulation supposed to suppressed the engine noise to the cabin.. u meant the noise when you are standing outside is it?

i find the sound insulation of the F30 adequate. it's only when you're standing outside that it is :107:

mizhan;756190 said:
i find the sound insulation of the F30 adequate. it's only when you're standing outside that it is :107:

The "tak tak tak" diesel like sound is it?

SapphireBlack;756220 said:
The "tak tak tak" diesel like sound is it?

yes yes.. the diesel sounding N20. i opted for the real thing and bought a 320d :biggrin:

mizhan;756236 said:
yes yes.. the diesel sounding N20. i opted for the real thing and bought a 320d :biggrin:

You bought a 320d, mizhan? Welcome to the D side!! Let me guess.....you are absolutely LOVING the 320d???

SapphireBlack;756188 said:
I would assume u r talking about F30 328i (reference to N20 :top: )

In regards to Item 3 and 7... I'm quite surprised... u mean 328i doesn't comes with comfort access?
On top of that... for item 7... the sound insulation supposed to suppressed the engine noise to the cabin.. u meant the noise when you are standing outside is it?

yap, mine is 328i. No comfort access. Not even for 528i. You only get comfort access for 335i or 535i. I can clearly heard the engine noise from inside the cabin around 3k rpm onward, much louder or should I say less refine compare to N52. Compare to E90 which I heard tyre noise more than engine noise, now I heard engine noise more than tyre noise.

now the petrol boys cant complaint much about diesel sound and have to accept the loud engine sound in their petrol version also hehehe. So I guess sound really dosent matter that much anyway. But must agree that the sound of the in line 6 is really nice and quite.

docrayboy;756299 said:
you bought a 320d, mizhan? Welcome to the d side!! Let me guess.....you are absolutely loving the 320d???

imma lovinnit!!!

JCKL;752605 said:
I've been driving the F30 328i Sport for the last 2 days, with a mixture of city & highway driving (may be 60 : 40), the average fuel consumption is 12.0l/100km, nothing closed to what's stated in the brochure (6.3l/100km). And I'm on Comfort mode most of the time.

This seems wrong ... 12 liters per 100 km is a far way from 6.3 litres per 100 km? Good observation.

my one received around 1 month already, f30 328i , sport cbu car... but... i am really want to complaim that engine noise is so terrible.. not even just start engine..sometime start & run 5 minute also got noise comeout from engine room, complaim with 3s centre but told that the bmw turbo engine is like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too was told by people at ingress as well as auto bavaria that 'turbo engines are a bit noisy'. I dunno what to say to those poor salespeople..

Top Bottom