Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
SAs all say ... they never had any cars with problems, never heard of such problems la. Etc etc etc etc. Its all BS sorry to say. The F10s had tons of complains on the suspension but I spoken with many SAs and they say, NEVER HEARD OF IT. Same old nonsense la. Joke is ... Perodua cars, of 50K do not have such problems, not at this rate. What more a car in the 250K category? One does not expect perfection but what is seen with BMW is clearly a sign of a could not care less attitude. So why make joke about Proton? Is BMW really that different when one pays so so much more, and their advertising says its a JOY to own or that when you buy the real thing you have peace of mind? No la ... all just wanna sell then its your problem.

I too share your views on this. Dealers (in general and not only BMWs) are only interested in making the sale and once the deal is done they are not bothered to find out how our experiences are in owning the product that they sold us, so very often they will claimed ignorance or it is an isolated case whenever we highlight the problems that we are facing. Complaining to the dealers about the problems is one thing but whether or not they feedback to the principal BMW Malaysia is another. That's why I think it is worthwhile to take a step further and also escalate the issues directly to the BMW Malaysia so that they are fully aware of what really is happening on the ground and that there is indeed a serious quality issue at their assembly plant in Malaysia for them to then take the necessary corrective measures. If only a handful of us do so, they will not be able to appreciate the gravity of the issue. However, if a great number of customers were to highlight to them the problems, I am sure they will sit up and start to identify the root of the cause

c-square ... BMW Malaysia IS VERY aware. But does nothing. I complained la ... come on. You think they do not know? I spoken with BMW Malaysia techies la. They know certain cars have certain problems that occur too often. Spoken with BMW Credit people too la. ZERO man ... zero. Hahahahahahaaa ...

QA/QC issues highlighted are real Quality problems. In most industries Quality is second only to Safety and for car manufacturers it should their top priority. As such, the person who is ultimately responsible for BMW Quality in Malaysia should their top official i.e. Dr. Gerhard Pils, Managing Director of BMW Group Malaysia.

A registered forum such as this should already carry weight by its own right. Perhaps BMW Club chief could just email to Dr. Gerhard and reQuest him to just read this forum. A pragmatic manager will investigate at the slightest clue of problems and what more to say, an online survey on F30 owners...

I am still not yet an owner of F30, and who knows I still can cancel..but for those owners who are experiencing QA/QC problems, their complaints cannot simply be ignored. It is only fair that someone answer for them. If really no one cares, not even Dr. Gerhard, then it is a willing buyer and willing seller. The consumers should be better informed and we deserve better. There are other better cars to buy, imho.

charcoal;777365 said:
QA/QC issues highlighted are real Quality problems. In most industries Quality is second only to Safety and for car manufacturers it should their top priority. As such, the person who is ultimately responsible for BMW Quality in Malaysia should their top official i.e. Dr. Gerhard Pils, Managing Director of BMW Group Malaysia.

A registered forum such as this should already carry weight by its own right. Perhaps BMW Club chief could just email to Dr. Gerhard and reQuest him to just read this forum. A pragmatic manager will investigate at the slightest clue of problems and what more to say, an online survey on F30 owners...

I am still not yet an owner of F30, and who knows I still can cancel..but for those owners who are experiencing QA/QC problems, their complaints cannot simply be ignored. It is only fair that someone answer for them. If really no one cares, not even Dr. Gerhard, then it is a willing buyer and willing seller. The consumers should be better informed and we deserve better. There are other better cars to buy, imho.

Somehow there are 2 schools of thought here. One is ... Bloody hell, spend so much to buy a car and got so many stupid problems. Second one is ... Haywood, want to own BMW is like this one la. It's the Ultimate Driving Machine. The driving dynamic is the best so we can live with all the problems.

Consumer rights, merchantable quality, fitness for purpose, hard earned money, BS advertising ... All that is usually ignored. When I get back to KL, AB will be having fun ... It's been over 2 weeks and they have yet to call me to resolved my diff prob, when they told me will call me for the appointment.

Mind sharing which dealership that you guys got the problematic car from?

I was wondering whether when distributor distribute the cars to dealers, do the dealers do a QC on the cars that they going to receive?
Or just take only then if problem then only return back to BMW malaysia?

Thanks.

not dealers fault here. dealers can only undertake rectification and charge the principal for all parts and labour involved.

Which dealership one were to purchase from does not matter. The key point of contention is that QC/QA has failed at the point of origin and those cars should not have been allowed to be released to any dealerships for onward delivery to customers in the first place.

c-square;777493 said:
Which dealership one were to purchase from does not matter. The key point of contention is that QC/QA has failed at the point of origin and those cars should not have been allowed to be released to any dealerships for onward delivery to customers in the first place.

hmmmmm damn true.

thankss..yup sending it back to the dealer...seems to me like some others may have experience this as well..under the poll of unsmooth gear shifting. sigh

natalie;777656 said:
thankss..yup sending it back to the dealer...seems to me like some others may have experience this as well..under the poll of unsmooth gear shifting. sigh

nat, did they identify what is the problem with your car? i just got my f30 320d yesterday, noticed my front lights fog up, anyone experience anything similar?it happens cause its been raining, do advise, thanks.

im only sending it back on tuesday so shall update on d status. I just got mine last week and there are few issues i would like my dealer to check . The car aircond seems a bit loud as well, and the back passenger cant feel the breeze much..wonder if anyone find the aircond dissapointing . Now the gear shifting is a bit smoother, but on slower acceleration, the jerkiness is still felt. I dont know much about cars so wondering if anyone else share these grievances or am I just a bit too particular. And the leather seats...uurghh..i find some of the folds to be uneven. Not very happy with the car on the whole. btw, mine is locally assembled unit hmm sigh...

Steering rack / suspension sound

Dear all,

Have anyone successfully gotten the steering rack / suspension problem rectified?

I had sent mine in and they claim that it's been resolved but I still do hear the occasional clicking sound from the steering when turning almost to its fullest points. Also the "dull up" thudding sound when going over a bump at slow speed is still there. Anyone experiencing this problem and manage to get it fix?

Agree with brothers that the f30 seems too problematic compared to much cheaper cars. It's downright unacceptable and I agree with some brothers that there must be something we could do collectively. Otherwise they are just racking up sales without a care for all the problems and how to resolve them once and for all

nessman;776000 said:
CORRECT!! Our local assembly is incompetent and lack the discipline of a Bayern Munchen personnel!!Example: our local cars!
our local assembly is operated by mostly foreign workers who doesnt give a shit about QUALITY work!

Wolfdire;776013 said:
My coming 320i would be amongst the first batches produce and praying hard my 240k car won't give me problem!Hell I didn't have to worry about my old Camry!But myself guilty as charged still opt for this car despite knowing BMW is a "siau cheh"car and BMW knows it,bottom line u tak mahu banyak lagi yang mahu!hence the tidak apa attitude but sad to see a prestigious car badge had lost its pride in producing truly enjoyable and reliable cars...
get an AUDI A4 bro.
cheaper than the beemer!
that would be my next change.

jennypenny;776898 said:
mine's ok. make sure they fix everything!!

i think the F30 is one of the most problematic cars yet!
not much wonder why my fren is disposing his F30 after using it for 1600km.
even offered me a 20K discount!
geez.....
making me sicker by the day .
thats why im still sticking with my E39 Msports!

kayzhen911;778192 said:
not much wonder why my fren is disposing his F30 after using it for 1600km.
even offered me a 20K discount!
geez.....
making me sicker by the day .
thats why im still sticking with my E39 Msports!

I'm considering letting my 320d go as well...30k off any takers ?
p/s:wind noise fixed already

Top Bottom