Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ya..i also read about the auto engine start in the manual..but i think i left all setting for default in my wife key..even my key also i didnt set the auto start thing..hurm..nvm..goin to AB next week to cx my rear door..hopefully dont have to leave my car overnight there..

winterinhell;770609 said:
guys..just discovered 2 things today..1st was kinda major..my wife is driving this car anyway..so this afternoon after she came back from work, i was out and only came back around 5pm..so after entering the guardhouse i met my neibor and he told me my car engine was running for like 3 hours,which i guess since my wife came back..so the mystery here was how did the engine still running when the car was already locked and my wife took the key inside the house?and 2nd wasnt so big deal..when i open all the door,the lights will come on,except the right rear passenger..hurm..i dunno..is this the CKD curse?

for people whom are not used to Start Stop button, they can forget about switching them off. the engine will NOT be switched off even if the keys are taken away from the car. however, there should be a notification beep to notify that your engine is left on.

bad for car? well, maybe. depending on how long. if you left it on for the WHOLE weekend. then yes. because you may run out of fuel and your car dies because of it.

if it is only 3 hours. the only thing bad is that your fuel is being sipped away.

i noticed that you can press once to stop the engine and press again to 'off' the car.....

the Auto Start Stop system for continental cars are still very barbaric. Japanese ones are really seamless.

Greetings to fellow BMW brethrens,I've made a booking for the 320i and waiting for the budget announcement today before proceeding next week and I've never owned a Beemer before this but reading the threads here and mostly owners of 328'sfacing for a near 300k car is just disturbing and I guess all cars do have their gremlins here and there,would like to ask to you all,if turn back the clock knowing fully what you know now,would you still buy this F30?

Wolfdire;774250 said:
Greetings to fellow BMW brethrens,I've made a booking for the 320i and waiting for the budget announcement today before proceeding next week and I've never owned a Beemer before this but reading the threads here and mostly owners of 328'sfacing for a near 300k car is just disturbing and I guess all cars do have their gremlins here and there,would like to ask to you all,if turn back the clock knowing fully what you know now,would you still buy this F30?

of course. once, you have driven the BMW, no other sedans will suffice.

its a good car, dont get us wrong. its just not perfect.

signpic.jpg

Wolfdire;774250 said:

Yes, without a doubt. My ride has been trouble free and abit of wind/engine noise is what i expect from a 245hp turbo engine :burnout:

Wolfdire;774250 said:

Without a doubt. Its a fantastic ride

Although l love the 3 series and driven many. Somehow this generation seems to be more problematic ...... Anyone solve the suspension knocking sound yet? It's irritating so I get to differ....would wait till gremlins are resolved if I can turn back the clock

I guess the decision to proceed buying this car is that have to take the pros n live with cons overall but disappointed that a car brand such as this will have problems faced by other makes supposedly of lesser prestige,as for waiting for the gremlins to be resolved it mayb a futile wait..end of day,just bite the bullet and take the plunge!

After using my f30 328i (SKD 2012) for the 6th day and it's already in the workshop.

Air vent/flap for the footwell region (for the front passenger seat) refused to shut even if I have manually changed the air distribution to upper body region.

Technician at AB Sg Besi suspected that it is a programming issue. Not sure whether mine is the first case in Malaysia as no one has reported this before.

I had to leave my car overnight and hope it's not a major glitch on the software. Sigh.

Got my car and the problem has been fixed. The aircon is not as loud as before and air flow is better.

Problem was with the aircon actuator, technician managed to reconfigure the setting and it's fixed. Get yours check if the air flow is weak and aircon is loud (when max. air volume is selected). There could be more cases out there that have not been reported.

I may be wrong but noticed most problems faced by SKD units rather then the CBU units,is the problem due to poor quality control at the local assembly line?

Wolfdire;775895 said:
I may be wrong but noticed most problems faced by SKD units rather then the CBU units,is the problem due to poor quality control at the local assembly line?

CORRECT!! Our local assembly is incompetent and lack the discipline of a Bayern Munchen personnel!!Example: our local cars!

nessman;776000 said:
CORRECT!! Our local assembly is incompetent and lack the discipline of a Bayern Munchen personnel!!Example: our local cars!

The million dollar question is what will the consumer, who has spent so much of their hard earnt money, going to do about it?

Top Bottom