Delivery of F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The annoying sound from the N20 apparently comes from the direct injectors and not the turbo. Have to learn to live with it.... especially when kena ejek from the Audi and Benz crowd.

Jason

just put in some nice exhaust system to counter the engine noise..the sound it will make coupled with the twin-turbos will surely be intoxicating :4: if not enough try putting a nice sounding blow-off valve/DV :p but probably have to wait till your warranty ends tho

btw bro mizhan, congrats on your new F30! nice upgrade lah from the e46 330i to the F30 (skipped the e90) :top:

oh sorry...that twin turbo remark was actually referring to mine lol..anyways single turbo is also cool :4:

MarcoMeswara;756380 said:
This seems wrong ... 12 liters per 100 km is a far way from 6.3 litres per 100 km? Good observation.

I'm surprised how BMW comes out with such a quote 6.3l/100km... I was almost thinking the new turbo engine are really fuel efficient.

My E90 325i (N52) is rated by on board computer to be around 13.1l/100km (30% city & 70% highway) most of the time and I thought migrating to F30 328i would save me almost half my petrol consumption! :p

I wish and dreamt too early :top:

SapphireBlack;757360 said:
I'm surprised how BMW comes out with such a quote 6.3l/100km... I was almost thinking the new turbo engine are really fuel efficient.

My E90 325i (N52) is rated by on board computer to be around 13.1l/100km (30% city & 70% highway) most of the time and I thought migrating to F30 328i would save me almost half my petrol consumption! :p

I wish and dreamt too early :top:

If there's any consolation, it's now down to 10.2l/100km.

im doing 12.2l/100km to 12.5l/100km with my 3.0 twin turbo..so 12l/100km on a 2.0T something doesn't sound quite right..but then again probably someone can advise how accurate is the OBC calculation for fuel consumption..heard it's not so accurate..and some recommended using "Fuelly" website instead

cheers

Jason,

What's the average speed on the OBC with 10.2l/100km? Is this with auto start/stop and efficiency mode on?

E46Fanatic;757407 said:
Jason,

What's the average speed on the OBC with 10.2l/100km? Is this with auto start/stop and efficiency mode on?

Funj

The average speed is around 37km/h and auto start/stop and efficiency mode always off.

Best FC will come with your foot. I noticed that on my e90 325. My average is about 13l for town driving. The manufacturers claim on FC does not come from real life testing. Its only good for comparison. They got their own set of tests for it.

JCKL;757561 said:
Funj

The average speed is around 37km/h and auto start/stop and efficiency mode always off.

That's excellent mileage, and will likely still get better as the engine loosens up. If I recall at avg speed of 37km/h the E46 325i with 192hp was doing about 12.1ltr/100km. E90 325i with 218hp was slightly worse in FC.

I am getting 12.5ltr/100km now with the Audi 2.0T Quattro with avg speed of 25km/h after 3k kms. Fuel efficiency mode off and auto start stop mode very rarely used (only for really long traffic light waits). At around 25km/h avg speed, the E90 325i was doing about 13.7ltr/100km if I recall right.

E46Fanatic;757567 said:
That's excellent mileage, and will likely still get better as the engine loosens up. If I recall at avg speed of 37km/h the E46 325i with 192hp was doing about 12.1ltr/100km. E90 325i with 218hp was slightly worse in FC.

I am getting 12.5ltr/100km now with the Audi 2.0T Quattro with avg speed of 25km/h after 3k kms. Fuel efficiency mode off and auto start stop mode very rarely used (only for really long traffic light waits). At around 25km/h avg speed, the E90 325i was doing about 13.7ltr/100km if I recall right.

i'm doing bout 10.1l/100km. always on eco pro with auto engine stops. avg speed 33+

i'm beginning to wonder if the auto onoff would be able to last without any repair.

tIANcI;757563 said:
Best FC will come with your foot. I noticed that on my e90 325. My average is about 13l for town driving. The manufacturers claim on FC does not come from real life testing. Its only good for comparison. They got their own set of tests for it.

Information about the Fuel efficiency TEST
Preliminary values based on the ECE driving cycle; other values not available at present

All engines meet the EU5 emissions standard. Fuel consumption is determined in accordance with the ECE driving cycle (93/116/EC). Made up of approximately one third urban traffic and two thirds extra-urban driving (based on the distance covered). CO2 emissions are measured in addition to fuel consumption as such. Fuel consumption levels are calculated based on vehicles with standard equipment. Special equipment (e.g. wider tyres) can have a significant impact on fuel consumption levels.

Unladen weight (EU) in kg: The value given includes the tank filled to 90 % capacity together with 68 kg for the driver and 7 kg for luggage. Unladen weight applies to vehicles with standard equipment. Optional equipment may increase this figure.

Rated output: BMW recommends the use of super unleaded 95 RON fuel. Unleaded RON 91 fuel or higher with a maximum ethanol limit of 10% (E10) is also permitted. The performance and fuel consumption rates listed are based on the use of RON 98 fuel

ECE test cycle

Test procedure

The cycle must be performed on a cold vehicle at 20-30°C (typically run at 25°C). The cycles may be performed on a flat road, in the absence of wind. However, to improve repeatability, they are generally performed on a roller test bench. This type of bench is equipped with an electrical machine to emulate resistance due to aerodynamic drag and vehicle mass (inertia). For each vehicle configuration, a look-up table is applied: each speed corresponds to a certain value of resistance (reverse torque applied to the drive wheels). This arrangement enables the use of a single physical vehicle to test all vehicle body styles (Sedan, hatchback, MPV...) by simply changing the look-up table. A fan is coupled to the roller bench to provide the vehicle air intakes with an airflow matching the current speed. Many more tests can be performed during vehicle development with this arrangement than with conventional road tests.
The test is conducted with all ancillary loads turned off (Air conditioning compressor and fan, lights, heated rear window, etc.)

Measurements

Several measurements are usually performed along the cycle. The figures made available to the general public are:
Urban fuel economy (first 780 seconds)
Extra-Urban fuel economy (780 to 1180s)
Overall fuel economy (complete cycle)
CO2 emission (complete cycle)

It was a sea of F30 328i at the dealership this morning. All prepped for collection/delivery. About 9 sports and 1 lux. Beautiful sight. Starting to see a significant number on the road in the past few days.

Jason

mizhan;755885 said:
bro, lets do an E30 teh tarik soon. you still have your sepang bronze girl right? then the next round we just change alphabet to F lah :wink:

Maybe first round shound the the F rather than the E first...I just got mine a couple days ago.... clocked 100+ kms.Taking it easy for the first 2000kms as recommeded by the user manual. Quite tempted to go into sport+ and floor the throttle a few times, but so far have manage to resist the temptation by playing with the ECo pro mode and seeing how much kms Ive managed to add by using that mode.Not too bad actually, watching that blue display showing the range extension added. That 245ps horses will have to wait for now :)

Congrats bro.. Anyway is that what the manual says? Bummer.. I should read it pronto then. Instead i was entertaining an E90 from Tapah all the way to KL yesterday. Had fun though :biggrin:

Just buzz me for that teh tarik bro..

Bruce_Z;758236 said:
Maybe first round shound the the F rather than the E first...I just got mine a couple days ago.... clocked 100+ kms.Taking it easy for the first 2000kms as recommeded by the user manual. Quite tempted to go into sport+ and floor the throttle a few times, but so far have manage to resist the temptation by playing with the ECo pro mode and seeing how much kms Ive managed to add by using that mode.Not too bad actually, watching that blue display showing the range extension added. That 245ps horses will have to wait for now :)

Yeah, somehing like4500rpm and160kmh, 3500rpm for diesel..but kinda hard not to hit 4000rpm on these N20Ts due to the turbo. Been using Eco pro to kinda ease in. Anyway im out of town till next week so F30 is dormant now. By the way, i think that the aircon blower is kinda loud when its in recirculate mode...compared to the e90 blower...surprising for a new model car.

mizhan;758240 said:
Congrats bro.. Anyway is that what the manual says? Bummer.. I should read it pronto then. Instead i was entertaining an E90 from Tapah all the way to KL yesterday. Had fun though :biggrin:

Just buzz me for that teh tarik bro..

Bruce_Z;758236 said:

I think I'm gonna do just that. Stick to Eco Pro until full run-on. The temptation driving me crazy as I'm getting poked a lot. However, I'm really relishing how grown up the car feels on casual mode

Juan Powerblow;759443 said:
I think I'm gonna do just that. Stick to Eco Pro until full run-on. The temptation driving me crazy as I'm getting poked a lot. However, I'm really relishing how grown up the car feels on casual mode

Juan, I wish you luck, because I most definitely failed.

-HypoG

HypoGXII;759473 said:
Juan, I wish you luck, because I most definitely failed.

-HypoG

Don't worry la, even in comfort mode, with the 8 speed gear box, it's hard top rev pass 4,000 rpm.

Top Bottom