Delivery of F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JCKL;759476 said:
Don't worry la, even in comfort mode, with the 8 speed gear box, it's hard top rev pass 4,000 rpm.

Unlike Juan, I am very weak-minded, and whenever I kena cucuk, I succumb to heavy footing, ergo I failed.

-HypoG

HypoGXII;759483 said:
Unlike Juan, I am very weak-minded, and whenever I kena cucuk, I succumb to heavy footing, ergo I failed.

-HypoG

Got poked by a new model Impreza on Jalan Kiara despite doing 140. Knowing not much I could push more, I let him go. Sigh, temptation.... :p

My F30's consumption has been hovering around 9.8l/100km for the longest time. 2 nights ago on the way from Setia Alam to Bukit Rimau, I decided to go into Sport mode and floor it as there were relatively no cars on the road. I did 160 almost all the way and the consumption improved to 9.6l/100km. I figure that if you get up to speed as fast as possible instead of pussy footing around by accelerating moderately, the cars gets up to the intended speed faster and therefore stays at that speed longer. And so you get better consumption.

Anybody with similar insights.

Jason

jason;759498 said:
My F30's consumption has been hovering around 9.8l/100km for the longest time. 2 nights ago on the way from Setia Alam to Bukit Rimau, I decided to go into Sport mode and floor it as there were relatively no cars on the road. I did 160 almost all the way and the consumption improved to 9.6l/100km. I figure that if you get up to speed as fast as possible instead of pussy footing around by accelerating moderately, the cars gets up to the intended speed faster and therefore stays at that speed longer. And so you get better consumption.

Jason

Are you frequently reset your consumption? Maybe by resetting it can help you to achieve better consumption.

langatian;759515 said:
Are you frequently reset your consumption? Maybe by resetting it can help you to achieve better consumption.

You could reset if you knew you were doing things "wrongly" and therefore not getting the apprpropriate results. By resetting, you would clean the slate so to spek of you mistakes and start anew. But that feels like cheating to me.

And in any case I am not trying to get the best consumption (my fuel costs are fully subsidised :D), just making an observation that maybe others may have come across.

Jason

Ive not reset my consumption either, because that would just be pointless, I am pretty certain I won't be able to snail it out all the way in eco-pro even if I reset. It's best be the powers that be continue controlling your pedal mate.

-HypoG

jason;759498 said:

Jason

Yep, this is happening to me too. When I was at an avg speed of 110km/h the consumption is lurking around 10.8l/100km . Now when doing 140 - 160 km/h , it drops to 9.5l/100km

finally reached the 2k running in. swap to sports mode and hit 220kmph along nkve!! the feeeling is so wonderful and scary :afraid:

markx85;759564 said:
Yep, this is happening to me too. When I was at an avg speed of 110km/h the consumption is lurking around 10.8l/100km . Now when doing 140 - 160 km/h , it drops to 9.5l/100km

Same here, got it down to 9.4l/100km after two short out of town trips with my 328i, cruising between 140-160kmh. So yes, the faster your ave speed (mine is hovering abt 46kmh after 3wks), the better the FC.

nexavibe;759633 said:
finally reached the 2k running in. swap to sports mode and hit 220kmph along nkve!! the feeeling is so wonderful and scary :afraid:

Why u dont try until cut-off speed limit? :rock::rock:

i could get 5.9L/100km on eco pro mode n ASS on..wasnt heavy on the pedal at all..got about 700km on full tank..

winterinhell;769992 said:
i could get 5.9L/100km on eco pro mode n ASS on..wasnt heavy on the pedal at all..got about 700km on full tank..
Bro, u drive f30 320d rite? Thats awesome fc......

no..328i..was so much light on the pedal..max speed 100-110km/h..mostly did 80km/h..and was on eco pro mode all the way..

winterinhell;770130 said:
no..328i..was so much light on the pedal..max speed 100-110km/h..mostly did 80km/h..and was on eco pro mode all the way..

Wow.. thats amazing :top::top: u deserve a medal for beating the claimed FC :congrats:
.. do u not get stuck in traffic jam at all?

_M_;770622 said:
Wow.. thats amazing :top::top: u deserve a medal for beating the claimed FC :congrats:
.. do u not get stuck in traffic jam at all?

He started at the top of Genting. Hehehehhehehe ....

Top Bottom