Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tIANcI;776822 said:
Nessman ... I owned a Kancil, Mvyi and Alza. A lot lot less issues than my bimmer which costs heck of a lot more. I literally had no complains with my Perodua cars in the past. I have friends who owned some Perodua with minor issues and despite being so much cheaper, they go back to the SC to get it resolved. SC gets it resolved. Even with cheaper cars, expectations are there ... What more a bimmer that comes in at over 200k for starters?

The real reason for problems is this ... "We don't really give a damn. Many are buying our cars." Reality check la. As I asked before, will there be a possibility of a collective action? No one wants to answer. Not asking for a lynch mob but try to do something collectively la.

What for come here and we lament about problems to hear others say its like that and the driving dynamics is just amazing. Cannot be fanboys la, 200+k is a lot of hard earned money.

So will it continue with more typing only?

i learned driving with a iswara,kancil n kelisa...not owned la!!haha...coz don wanna own one!but,i do not wish to expect to take a collective action if mine had any issues coz not looking fwd for any issues...coz i am super duper fussy-pot!!such a gap,rust n all kinds of nonsense-i will go crash it into the SA n AB that delivered the car!!(figure of speech ya-quote unquote pls)yup,tat much aggravation if i ever bloody find the tiniest of defects for a beemer!coz i have very HIGH REGARDS for the German brand....assembled in Africa ka,Kulim ka,Germany ka-IT HAS TO be "STANDARD"!!minor,instantly fixable system fault due to ecu glitch or salah program-sikit,i can tolerate!!wat i noticing here is major-major!!i rather assemble myself la like this!!DIY!!Bodoh punya skd assemblers...

nessman;777134 said:
i really feel that disappointment on ur behalf bro...its so lemon n limau kasturi lah!!if dismantle ur car,i wonder if find proton or perodua parts inside??

Count me in for collective action to express dissatisfaction on the QC of our cars.
However the stats may not be in favor as the problem cars probably represent a fraction of the total on the road so far.

Need to get BMWM attention and not let them leave the dealers to face unhappy customers. So many dealers spread out our already small voice gets diluted further.

nessman;777136 said:
i learned driving with a iswara,kancil n kelisa...not owned la!!haha...coz don wanna own one!but,i do not wish to expect to take a collective action if mine had any issues coz not looking fwd for any issues...coz i am super duper fussy-pot!!such a gap,rust n all kinds of nonsense-i will go crash it into the SA n AB that delivered the car!!(figure of speech ya-quote unquote pls)yup,tat much aggravation if i ever bloody find the tiniest of defects for a beemer!coz i have very HIGH REGARDS for the German brand....assembled in Africa ka,Kulim ka,Germany ka-IT HAS TO be "STANDARD"!!minor,instantly fixable system fau due to ecu glitch or salah program-sikit,i can tolerate!!wat i noticing here is major-major!!i rather assemble myself la like this!!DIY!!Bodoh punya skd assemblers...

Take it easy Bro Nessman,after BP shoot up,I guess at the end of the day,it all boils down to luck, even in the US there's a law protecting consumers against lemon/Limau Kasturi cars,so it can happen anywhere bro so take it easy and play golf and God help your SA if your Beemer shows any poorly assembled parts ha ha

nessman;777133 said:
our country IS NOT DEVELOPED and will NOT BE DEVELOPED!!its always a third world country!!

theoretically, Malaysia and Singapore will ALWAYS be third world country.

first, second and third world was coined during the cold war. China will always be second world.

singapore is a 3rd world country ?? r u kidding ?? u never been to singapore or u r still staying inside a cave ??

andrewlim8;777202 said:
singapore is a 3rd world country ?? r u kidding ?? u never been to singapore or u r still staying inside a cave ??

andrew, probably you are living in a cave. the term 1st world, 2nd world and 3rd world was coin during the cold war.

First World: the United States and its allies.
Second World: the Soviet Union, China, and their allies.
Third World: neutral and non-aligned countries.

Singapore being neutral and non-aligned country is considered third world

Do read up before calling some un-clever? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World

andrewlim8;777202 said:

just another note, i work and live in Singapore.

doesnt make sense at all. today is 11-10-2012 21st century, n u r still mentioning the status of a country during cold war...hehe. u must be a historian !

then y dun u mentioned during Jurassic, no even a country was developing yet??

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/IS_Singapore_a_1st_2nd_or_3rd_world_country

oh....shit....dun u feel embarrass, staying in Sg, n telling everybody Sg is a 3rd world country........

andrewlim8;777202 said:
IMHO we forumers here are to share our common passion of driving a Beemer and doing all that in the spirit of brotherhood n sisterhood,some may be richer or smarter or more experienced but showing courtesy and be respectful and a little humility tells a lot of a person...

andrewlim8;777220 said:
doesnt make sense at all. today is 11-10-2012 21st century, n u r still mentioning the status of a country during cold war...hehe. u must be a historian !

then y dun u mentioned during Jurassic, no even a country was developing yet??

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/IS_Singapore_a_1st_2nd_or_3rd_world_country

oh....shit....dun u feel embarrass, staying in Sg, n telling everybody Sg is a 3rd world country........

i do not need your insincere apologies. you obviously are intellectually challenged. i forgive you.

......back to the topic ya..hehe

now what do I do after reading so many QA/QC problems with the car. Looking at the survey, the no. of F30 owers who have QA/QC problems is very high, considering 41 voting out of 54 owners in this forum! wo man, should I cancel my booking?? :(

I can't believe that this escalated so quickly. Please concentrate on the topic and move on, let's just leave Singapore back in 1965. We are BMW owners and we drink English tea, oohh behave. tsk tsk.

You guys got a better car than mine and I have lots to deal with.

Back to the topic, I find my car is extremely jerky when ECO PRO is selected. Never had this problem until this morning. I will get the service guy to check as well.

Secondly, apart from the infamous 'knocking' sound, I hear light ticks when I am about to reach the end of the turning radius (steering). Anyone had the same problem?

Susah la, might be better if I just return my car to BMW and get the whole car replaced. haha.

i went back to AB this morning.

the side mirror confirmed spoilt with the motor inside. need to order from Glenmarie if not Germany.

rusted seat frames will be changed. and the non aligned interior trim also will be changed.

waiting for parts to arrive

jennypenny;777207 said:
just another note, i work and live in Singapore.

i hv to disagree there...i admire singapore to the likes of hk n shanghai...s'pore is super developed!!Msia can NEVER be like anywhere close!!i used to think of Spore as my mini London!!But London is London of course!!i think its out of topic dy!

jennypenny;777231 said:
i do not need your insincere apologies. you obviously are intellectually challenged. i forgive you.

aiyo, gal is always like that !

be generous, ok

andrewlim8;777280 said:
aiyo, gal is always like that !

be generous, ok

Aiyo,jenny merajuk n upset dy!may all her issues be resolved to avoid any more tension!!may all the issues encountered by our fellow bavarians be rsolved by BMWM!!

I truly wish that some BMW guys read this particular forum thread and do something about it. I am sure they have some Public Relation personnel somewhere..

It is all about good testing and inspection at factory. All it takes is for the QA/QC inspector to do his/her job properly i.e. don't simply pass car which fails QA/QC's inspection i.e. don't sell until it passes the inspection. If I were managing BMW, I would insist for a qualified (include German trained) QA/QC engineer to be based in Kulim.

Fact of life is that any work will have defect - but they can be fixed. It is also unethical and careless for BMW to decide to sell defective cars..it is uncharacteristic for such a well known brand...where did it goes wrong eh..? and hope for improvement.

Anyway, my SA just informed me that so far, touch wood he said, that all cars "under his hand" has no problem...hmmm...I will see & still need to jaga2, will carry my checkllist when I pay him the DP...:cool:

Maybe bmwclubmalaysia can help organise a face-to-face meet up session between the relevant aftersales persons in BMW Malaysia and ourselves (those of us who have problems with the car) so that they can see for themselves the extent of the problem and the quality, or lack of it, of the cars that they rolled-out into the marketplace. The gap at the dash on ljsaw car is totally unacceptable for a premium car like BMW.

Top Bottom