Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jennypenny;768964 said:
wind noise can be heard at around 120km/h. maybe its the big wing mirrors?

i am a bit disappointed with the suspension though. for 328i, its very soft? like really really soft? i traded in my 325i, which was superb round the corners.

im encountered same problem with you. maybe fixing the window visors will solve the problem

my E90 325i is superb for the trips to Genting and Sepang. second only to my cousin's TTS.

i guess, the 3 series is going more mainstream. handling is still good. but the a4 2.0 i tested seem to edge the F30 in terms of sportiness.

i am thinking of getting the M Rims soon.

niceric;769013 said:
at what speed does the wind noise become noticeable? or annoyed?

anything upwards of 100 -110km/h. if outside is windy even earlier.

its a quiet car, thats why you'd notice other noises earlier.

Just got my car yesterday. Tested just now in MEX highway. I started to hear some wind noise after I hit 140km/h, but it is acceptable level. I think the sound proof from uneven road is some how quite loud.

Do you guys facing this? Or it is from the run-flat tyres? Shy to ask this. I'm first time bimmer driver.

New one to add to the list, wiper failure, don't know if I can call it fail, because it will not stop wiping, even if you switch off the ignition. It stops only after you restart the engine.

another issue with my car is the whirring sound when i accelerate. i posted it in another post, but just to keep all issues with F30 here. so. yea.

scheduling it with my SC. which seems to be fully booked.

jennypenny;768964 said:
wind noise can be heard at around 120km/h. maybe its the big wing mirrors?

i am a bit disappointed with the suspension though. for 328i, its very soft? like really really soft? i traded in my 325i, which was superb round the corners.
i believe the 325i e90 you had is sports mode while the f30 is non sports, correct me if im wrong

so the e90 is quieter than f30? hmm gone backwards

the SKD cars are soft, being standard variants. the Sport tag is merely to identify trim, not supension etc. the M-Sport variants already introduced in other markets shud be sharper dynamically.

guys..just discovered 2 things today..1st was kinda major..my wife is driving this car anyway..so this afternoon after she came back from work, i was out and only came back around 5pm..so after entering the guardhouse i met my neibor and he told me my car engine was running for like 3 hours,which i guess since my wife came back..so the mystery here was how did the engine still running when the car was already locked and my wife took the key inside the house?and 2nd wasnt so big deal..when i open all the door,the lights will come on,except the right rear passenger..hurm..i dunno..is this the CKD curse?

Taking asides the wind noise which some brothers attribute to an inherent property of the design, the number of major complaints is worrying and unacceptable. Imagine this is just a small population being polled here. There are others who may not even know they have problems and considering the number of F30 on the road, the number shown here is quite alarmingly high.

winterinhell;770609 said:
guys..just discovered 2 things today..1st was kinda major..my wife is driving this car anyway..so this afternoon after she came back from work, i was out and only came back around 5pm..so after entering the guardhouse i met my neibor and he told me my car engine was running for like 3 hours,which i guess since my wife came back..so the mystery here was how did the engine still running when the car was already locked and my wife took the key inside the house?and 2nd wasnt so big deal..when i open all the door,the lights will come on,except the right rear passenger..hurm..i dunno..is this the CKD curse?

Looks like you need to set your turbo timer for minutes and not hours. :) :) :) Also, do check if neighbour's hearing aid batt is still good or not.

winterinhell;770609 said:

I suspect your wife forgot to stop the engine. It happened to me several times, locked the car, brought the key with me and forgot about pressing the STOP button.

Actually, the SA told me that I can program the engine and air-con to start automatically. For example, if I go for a meeting and my car is parked under the sun. I can program the time for the engine and air-con to be on automatically. By the time I reach the car, I can enjoy the air-con immediately.

Top Bottom