car died in flash flood

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What I originally posted was what I learned in basic off-roading. There's one more thing you're supposed to do before fording a stream. Wade the intended course so that you know how deep it is, how soft the bottom is, and what lies underneath. Prepared to do that? Or better to park and go for a teh tarik? :D

When there is sign of flood, I will detour a fast as possible. No point waiting for the water to subside. The notorious Persiaran Surian near the Shell station heading towards Kota Dsara, will always flood when heavy rain. But lots of suckers keep going toward the flood causing massive jams instead of making U turn.

astroboy;544458 said:
Normal insurance do not cover such act of nature, unless u buy separately. Can try claiming from MPPJ or the building management. My friend's MPV was hit by a falling tree on Jalan Sultan Ismail, in front of Sheraton Hotel, he managed to claim from DBKL.

wonder if i can claim from bukit utama management? normally floods are caused by clogged drainage?

Got update from Ingress, electrics and electronics are OK. Now checking on the engine.

will update u guys

That's a good sign, bro. :top: Pray that it's only water in your catalytic converter (it may be cracked) and not in your cylinders via the intake. Then the damage is minimal.

Who you can attempt to claim from depends on the location where your car died. Eg, if it was a public road, it belongs to the local council of the area, eg MPPJ or Selayang. If it was a mall carpark, it belongs to the mall. Also depends on whether your wife willingly drove through the flooded section, or was parked or caught in a gridlock while the water rose around her. Witnesses would be needed.

Top Bottom