Car accident...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sorry to hear on what happen to u..... I've experienced car accident 4 days (front & side severe damage) before raya and pushed the workshop to accelerate their work. By a good negotiation and influencing skill (actually buat muka seposen... :D ), they managed to complete the job (repair & insurance) just before raya the next day. :D ....but, my observation resulted with the car paint job was not so good... i would say 60% satisfied. Point is if u really voices ur constraint to them, they might be able to help by jump the que, but quality wise....something that yu have to take into consideration.......

hope you r ok.... and cheers. :eek:k:

sorry to hear bout what happen ...

you should had pushed or parked your car to a safe location whereby you knew that you were situated at the risk zone ( at a bend )... knowing that these days drivers are more blind ( not seeing your triangle warning sign ).... luckily you're not standing at the rear of ya car .......

Gosshhh what sort of tow truck are there these days ....!!! :ph34r:

anyway hope your car will be ready by raya....

From your description, your car seem to be seriously damaged. Kurnia can process your claim if the damage is minor. In your case, the car is in the workshop and hence kurnia will have to send a adjuster to inspect the car before he can evalulate the extend of the repair cost. Is M1 an authorized workshop under Kurnia list of approved workshop. If they are not, then delay would also be encountered in the claim.
If you want your car out fast (who doesn't), then the best way is to ask the workshop to proceed with the repair and pay from you own pocket. However, you risk having the insurance company not approving the repair cost and give you something less than your total repair cost.

FYI, insurance claims for automobile is a complicate business.

thats sad man.....

screwed up tow trucks!

goodluck...and hopefully ur car is ready soon!

Originally posted by fabianyee@Oct 17 2005, 10:23 AM
I don't know that M1 is into collision repair.... ???
I don't think they are... Servicing, overhaul and repair yes. I used them for 8 years now. Never seen them do ketuk mudguard. maybe they sub it ...

Bad luck...sorry to hear about that man.

As for the second car hitting yours, he must have panicked and then slammed on the brakes....ironically, many tests have proven what when we train our eyes on something, our eyes send signals to our brain to go towards it especiallyi in a "shock" or "surprised" situation.

The signals our brain sends back to our limbs and muscles are sometimes just too slow, hence an instinctive and automatic reaction to "go towards" or "follow" the object.

This is very evident with inexperienced racers or when you are follwing close behind and when the vehicle in front of you goes off the road, you instinctively follow suit. ....however, that's not the case in with your incident.

Originally posted by okow@Oct 17 2005, 11:35 AM
Bad luck...sorry to hear about that man.

As for the second car hitting yours, he must have panicked and then slammed on the brakes....ironically, many tests have proven what when we train our eyes on something, our eyes send signals to our brain to go towards it especiallyi in a "shock" or "surprised" situation.

The signals our brain sends back to our limbs and muscles are sometimes just too slow, hence an instinctive and automatic reaction to "go towards" or "follow" the object.

This is very evident with inexperienced racers or when you are follwing close behind and when the vehicle in front of you goes off the road, you instinctively follow suit. ....however, that's not the case in with your incident.
Interesting observation there. Have to agree. During my mountain biking days, we always remind ourselves not to look at the rocks or ruts.... because we will unconciously steer the bike to them.... :blink: .... then OUCH! :beaten:

Originally posted by fabianyee@Oct 16 2005, 06:38 PM
Hope it's not a case of spilled oil on the road....

This is why we shud have more advanced driving courses, but when we organised one... no many showed up...

sigh...

Accidents happen almost every minute of the day. it doesn't discriminate. but knowing how to control ur car in adverse situation helps to save life and ur waller... ;)
Dude... I feel for you. Soey day as they say. Well as they say, bad things comes in threes. 1. Wipe out, 2 Rear ended by Wira and 3. Scammed by bastard police. So it is all over. Go out and buy 4D. :D

As for the advance driving courses... DO it bro! I will sign up.

suntze sorry to hear abt yr accident and subsequent exp with tow trucks.these blood suckers can con you if you are not firm. AAM is a good idea..so is yr insurance co workshop tow service. Glad u are ok..car can repair..yr limbs are harder to replace..

Umm the Waja driver must have thought yr warning triangle was for target practive..Its dangerous as most Msian drivers are plain kaypor buggers and this causes most accidents after the fact as they brake and swerve to gawk at the sight. :dunno: :blink:

your incident reminds me of my accident many years ago when i was still a student back in sunway college...

but that was when i was driving an e30 ... the car spinned after i braked slightly it hit a kerb turning 360' and stalled , but i was able to drive again ..only slightly dent on the front..other than that ...no problem ..this stretch i mention is infront of the national mosque of KL , the big turn before going down the freeway to the roundabout to turn to federal highway.

i believe the cause at that time was the tyres, the threads kinda faded, ..suntze, could it be your tyres + braking that cause your car to lose control ?

i wasn't braking at the kerb and i just changed tyres exactly a week ago. my tyre flat coz the camber (thanks for the correction fabianyee) lari. so changed tyre and sent the car to do the camber at TopSpeed.

and if my memory serves me correct, I didn't brake at the kerb coz i don't brake at corners...

Originally posted by suntze@Oct 17 2005, 01:20 AM
i wasn't braking at the kerb and i just changed tyres exactly a week ago. my tyre flat coz the camber (thanks for the correction fabianyee) lari. so changed tyre and sent the car to do the camber at TopSpeed.

and if my memory serves me correct, I didn't brake at the kerb coz i don't brake at corners...

What tires are u using ?

Suntze,

Sorry to hear abt ur multiple mishaps.Glad that you are safe.

In fact it did give me the creeps too.... cos I just did the camber thing
on my ride just last week for my rear wheels....and yesterday I was on the NS Highway with the family.Thank God,everything's Ok.

Hope everything will work out well for you.

dude,so sorry to hear of ur mishap!luckily ur ok! :yes!:
yeah we all do get conned by some tow truck wanker at least once in a lifetime dont we! :beaten:
yeah,like the necc says,seing tht they towed ur car away,u shld hav reported it stolen!
chances are tht u lost control of ur car in the notorious tow truck syndicate corner.i hear tht they sabotage the turns and the roads there with oil or something just to get their accident quotas!i hav seen one guy doin tht last time and within 10 minutes,a car skidded and lost control.any wht do u knw?the tow truck guy "happened" to be around the corner! yeah right!
so anyway,i took his licence plate number and went to lodge a police report.i wonder if they caught him???

wht i am saying is.....do be careful especially from subang/shah alam heading to federal highway......
watch out during cornering!

suntze,i'm glad tht ur ok!

rgds to all,
-brad-

sorry to hear about ur car dude...
this month is dangerous month.. cos it's been raining for almost more than 10 days straight... heard a lot of accidents happening... anyway...
is ur car the Red BMW?? i think i saw a red bmw a few days ago at the subang flyover... was trying to chase it..but too far away.... then today i saw it being towed at sunway college there.. damn bad shape... i remeber is the same car i chased... i feel damn bad.. cos the car so nice..

Originally posted by Acura@Oct 17 2005, 08:58 PM
sorry to hear about ur car dude...
this month is dangerous month.. cos it's been raining for almost more than 10 days straight... heard a lot of accidents happening... anyway...
is ur car the Red BMW?? i think i saw a red bmw a few days ago at the subang flyover... was trying to chase it..but too far away.... then today i saw it being towed at sunway college there.. damn bad shape... i remeber is the same car i chased... i feel damn bad.. cos the car so nice..
Ur car fast aledi woh.. cannot chase meh..??? hehehe... I know lah u got no balls.... literally... :rolleyes:

Been drifting lately?

my car is black lah...and frankly i am not a fast driver. in highways, my fastest is 140kmh...

eeek... i come in u flame me.. T___T sob sob... ur car black izit..
then the REd one whose?? car plate start with 2 something one.. i dunno if its 3 series or 5 series.. but look like xtrcooljustin type of car la... damn bad shape ... all corners bangs up.. i guess the car spin and hit all sides..

Top Bottom