car suddenly died cant start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yes, fuse ratings are chosen with reasons.......putting 3x more rating guarantees you get other fried components very soon!

Malaysia boleh but.....sigh!

Fab, yes spare fuse good idea and there are spare slots for these too.........on the fuse box. so again, things were made with a purpose!

Just curious since starting to learn more about what bimmer engine all about, does a M40B18 engine requires tuning? I hv seen a few car (as i am looking for a E30 318 post 89 models), some told me it needs tuning when the idling is erratic and engine did not sound right...appreciate all the sifus' "insight" :)

mienoz said:
so, to cut the story short.......u know what went wrong?..he he...ta daaa!! the pump fuel fuse faulty which aboslutely nothing came across in my mind!!, ....ceh, even the extra fuse was there for us to change on our own......its a 1 min job!!!....:mad: , how stupid i am..have to admit it.

in the 1st place why ur fuse blow ??? u shud know tht b4 decide to change the fuse to higher rating. if u dunno, there must be a reason de german put a certain rating of fuse for certain things. dun be a smart ar#$ buy changing it to higher rating.. unless u hv a firetruck following u all the time... :D i wud go an check y in the first place the fuse blow..... :confused:

Careful as 3x more will cause fire to the 10 years old wires. Fuse is cheap but your car is not my dear friend.

Anyway, just your kind infor that 15A also can be dangerous to your car. As when it reached the wire or fuel pump's max current it still on normal operating rate.. Think about it ya.

skinhead;185985 said:
in the 1st place why ur fuse blow ??? u shud know tht b4 decide to change the fuse to higher rating. if u dunno, there must be a reason de german put a certain rating of fuse for certain things. dun be a smart ar#$ buy changing it to higher rating.. unless u hv a firetruck following u all the time... :D i wud go an check y in the first place the fuse blow..... :confused:

Sorry dear guys,

I need to re-open this discussion... im facing he same problem yesterday... the fuel pump fuse (25) blow up while driving.. i replace it with the spare, and it happen again and again.. my mec still figure it out until today.. still cannot find the reason... so, dear mienoz, may i know if you found why your fuel pump was blow last time...?

TQ

have u experience gbox prob before?? a friend had a simiar prob.. it starts with the gbox.. till one day.. the system cut it all off and cant start.. in order to protect ur gbox.. change and service the gbox for about 2k.. just my 2cent.. if its a gbox prob..

chetz;425985 said:
have u experience gbox prob before?? a friend had a simiar prob.. it starts with the gbox.. till one day.. the system cut it all off and cant start.. in order to protect ur gbox.. change and service the gbox for about 2k.. just my 2cent.. if its a gbox prob..

Bro, i dont think GB problem have anything to do with engine cannot start lah. :listen:

If something wrong with GB, it will engage in 3rd gear (or 2nd gear) when you engage in drive mode. This is what we called "limp" mode. It allow you to limp/crawl back to your workshop. :eek:

car suddenly died cant start

penasenja;423669 said:
Sorry dear guys,

I need to re-open this discussion... im facing he same problem yesterday... the fuel pump fuse (25) blow up while driving.. i replace it with the spare, and it happen again and again.. my mec still figure it out until today.. still cannot find the reason... so, dear mienoz, may i know if you found why your fuel pump was blow last time...?

TQ

Hai Penasenja,
This is what i call "lintas langsung" akin to "lintas pintas".

jarance;425988 said:
Bro, i dont think GB problem have anything to do with engine cannot start lah. :listen:

If something wrong with GB, it will engage in 3rd gear (or 2nd gear) when you engage in drive mode. This is what we called "limp" mode. It allow you to limp/crawl back to your workshop. :eek:

i dont really know much bout technical.. but thats whut been told by a friend.. he had gbox prob.. but drag the car for a months as no budget to repait.. till it shut down the engine in order to protect the gbox..

btw.. im sending mine for rebuilt the gbox.. u never experience the gbox prob bro? whut gbox u use?

chetz;426401 said:
i dont really know much bout technical.. but thats whut been told by a friend.. he had gbox prob.. but drag the car for a months as no budget to repait.. till it shut down the engine in order to protect the gbox..

btw.. im sending mine for rebuilt the gbox.. u never experience the gbox prob bro? whut gbox u use?

I have a experience a GB problem on my E36 before. One of the plate was worn out and have to overhaul. The worn out plate cause the oil to overheat. After overhaul, it is OK

As for my E46, my aux pump seal fail during an aggressive overtake. All the ATF spilled out from the leaking seal. Replace the pump and it was OK. Unfortunately, my torque converter sleeve was worn out during the inspection. change it just to be on the safe side.

Luckily for me the metal filing was not found in the GB or else I may have to overhaul the GB. When the oil was spilling, i immediately send it for repair and did not delay the repair works.

btw, I still am NOT convince that the GB trouble will shutdown the engine. After 1 month, there are other unrelated problem that could have caused the shutdown. eg like poor or delayed maintenance of the car.

Sorry to hijack, when my car downshift from 2nd to 1st gear, I can physically feel a pull back and psycological "tot" sound. Eventhough the car still drive very smoothly on other gear but just do not like the feeling, send it in for GT1 and shown gear slipping. Mech suggested to change to a 2nd hand GB. Mine is a E39 530i 2003 CKD, mileage clocking at slightly less than 70k km. What is sifu advise here?

check urr fuel pum fius....maybe u need replace the fius cost to u rm3 oNLY...its happen to my 318

Top Bottom