can our bimmer use RON 95 fuel??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

phugoid

Club Guest
anyone put on RON 95 on ur bimmer? i accidently put RON 95 on my E46(2.0) CKDizit can use in my car??

just finished a tank of 95 on my E34.. can't notice any difference under normal city driving.

I switched from V-power (RON-98) to Shell Super (RON-95) since Jan for my E90. Went on several long distance trip with day to day driving in KL. I feel not one damn bit of difference other than a much lower fuel bill at the end of the month. The consumption (mileage) is almost identical.

My misus and my children uses Petronas exclusively.

So RON-95 and for that matter RON-97should be very OK

//M is //M, Z is not necessarily //M, just like another E or the coming F.. :D

I was told you will feel some differences beyond 5k RPM... or was it 6k :rolleyes:

I'll be filling the RON95 today, no E90 though but to my 1.3L mini van, which is on 10.0 compression. Purposely waited until pretty empty then only refill.. :p Can't wait to fill her up to "lap kao kao" to see if the high rev zone suffer or not, as claimed.

By the way, is this consider inflation? or a drop in purchasing power? RM1.80 used to get RON97, now can only get RON95. So the usual RON97 suddenly jumped to RM2.05, that gives us what? 13.89% inflation?

And I thought the RON95 will be subsidies to sell RM1.75 at pump price? Now RM1.80 pulak! :(

Can't stop feeling we are short changed.. :(

CleanWorldPeace;451259 said:
Does that mean that RON95 is ok for the likes of M,Z beemers too?

M cars me not sure.. but the non-M Z-cars shud be fine on 95.

astroboy;451264 said:

I was told you will feel some differences beyond 5k RPM... or was it 6k :rolleyes:

I'll be filling the RON95 today, no E90 though but to my 1.3L mini van, which is on 10.0 compression. Purposely waited until pretty empty then only refill.. :p Can't wait to fill her up to "lap kao kao" to see if the high rev zone suffer or not, as claimed.

By the way, is this consider inflation? or a drop in purchasing power? RM1.80 used to get RON97, now can only get RON95. So the usual RON97 suddenly jumped to RM2.05, that gives us what? 13.89% inflation?

And I thought the RON95 will be subsidies to sell RM1.75 at pump price? Now RM1.80 pulak! :(

Dont whine about it, faster say thank you to our fxxking Govmen!

Bro Mizhan,

The new bhp fuel comes with friction modifier which can clean the engine better... for further enquiries pls visit the website: www.bhpetrol.com.my ...... i tried shell vpower and my engine stop twice when i first fuel with shell... after trying bhp no more problem... i support bhpetrol fuel... cheers!

astroboy;451264 said:

What happens after 5/6k RPM? Knocking, loss of power? Boleh kasi tau lepas you punya mini van. Terima kasih...

Aiyaa... 99% of the respondent happy with RON95. I don't expect to notice it as well because most of our auto car would have upshift long before 3k RPM.. :D :D

Salute to our smart Govt. Inflation without affecting CPI.. so next change, reintroduction of RON92? :eek:

By the way, is there anyway for us to check if our timing is retarded? I am really uncomfortable with the pre-mature detonation of the fuel while the piston is on their way up, before compression stage completed. :(

Using Shell 95 on my car, no problems whatsoever, still smooth. As for power, cant really tell for sure as the ///M is recommended to use RON95 to 98. I do feel the car is little less torquey via the butt dyno.

terencehilary;451281 said:
Bro Mizhan,

The new bhp fuel comes with friction modifier which can clean the engine better... for further enquiries pls visit the website: www.bhpetrol.com.my ...... i tried shell vpower and my engine stop twice when i first fuel with shell... after trying bhp no more problem... i support bhpetrol fuel... cheers!

don't happen to work for BHP now do you ;)

Tried yesterday in my mini 1.3L VVTi MPV. Engine quieter, lesser horsepower and lesser torque felt ~ butt dyno. After refueling on LDP, saw an E90 325i Sport, decided to keep up. My MPV was struggling badly, entire stretch from Kelana to Damansara my transmission keep kicking down when I push, finally decided to off O/D to run the balance stretch of LDP. Even in 3rd gear, engine is quieter... no more garang vroom..vroommm... lio. :(

I would say my 1.3L just lost 100cc. Cannot play with Wira 1.5 lio..

The minimum RON index specified in the user manual only tells us whats the maximum timing retard the engine can cope to keep the engine running smoothly, but performance suffer big time with my compression 10:0 VVTi engine :-/ Low RON fuel is vulnerable to high compression engine like ours to suffer from premature detonation.

All newer generation engines are designed with high compression to improve combustion efficiency. That's the only way to develop new engine with higher horse power. Look at power output from today's engine compare with say 10 years ago. For the same CC, how to get more horsepower? The answer is increasing compression ratio and of course some meddling with the cam timing for the so called variable timing.

Effort from these engineers are wasted if the fuel can't keep up.

What a waste!

By the way, my E90 also refueled with RON95 last night, will see how it goes, big possibility of switching back to RON97 next week, before my ECU becomes "cacat" due to too much timing retard. Retard timing doesn't prevent premature detonation, instead its to time ignition to ignite along with detonation, while the piston still on its way up to complete the compression cycle. I am very disturbed with this.

I just checked Suzy Swift Sport compression ratio is 11.1:0 and openly declare not suitable for RON95. Civic Type-R is running 11.7:0, also declared not suitable for RON95. Skoda 2.0 FSI 11.5:0 while Range Rover is a mystery which I can't solve.

E90 4-potter running compression 10.5:0 and if my 10.0:0 VVti 1.3L MPV can feel the difference, what else can I say about the E90?!

Mitsubishi AirTrek Turbo also listed as vehicle not suitable for RON95 despite running 8.8:0 compression while EVO X is on 9.0:0, maybe due to the force induction.

AB,

The fuel cap says 91 to 98. Just fill up my E39 wt Ron 95. Can immediately feel less power damn. Does it really effect the ECU:eek:

initialM;451554 said:
AB,

The fuel cap says 91 to 98. Just fill up my E39 wt Ron 95. Can immediately feel less power damn. Does it really effect the ECU:eek:

Aiyaa.. last time in US I used RON88 on Colt 1.5. Maximum tekan only 140kph, M'sian Saga 1.5 can easily tapao the Colt 1.5 on RON88. Even Kancil on RON97 can tapao the fella.

Can pakai doesn't mean it will still work optimally. Our ECU will retard timing to do whatever necessary to eliminate premature combustion thru feedback from knock sensor. One way is to shorten the intake valve opening duration to reduce the air going in, thus reducing the compression allowing the piston to fully extend so both detonation and spark plugs ignition can occur at the same time. That's why immediately after refueling, engine sound a lot more quieter. Intensity of explosion during combustion cut down ma.

By that definition, RON95 will not damage the engine. So you will be wasting time doing head skimming.. haha! :D :D

astroboy;451558 said:
Aiyaa.. last time in US I used RON88 on Colt 1.5. Maximum tekan only 140kph, M'sian Saga 1.5 can easily tapao the Colt 1.5 on RON88. Even Kancil on RON97 can tapao the fella.

Can pakai doesn't mean it will still work optimally. Our ECU will retard timing to do whatever necessary to eliminate premature combustion thru feedback from knock sensor. One way is to shorten the intake valve opening duration to reduce the air going in, thus reducing the compression allowing the piston to fully extend so both detonation and spark plugs ignition can occur at the same time. That's why immediately after refueling, engine sound a lot more quieter. Intensity of explosion during combustion cut down ma.

By that definition, RON95 will not damage the engine. So you will be wasting time doing head skimming.. haha! :D :D

Astroboy, any effect if we alternate RON 95 & RON 97. DO you think will reduce the knocking ?

etquah;451574 said:
Astroboy, any effect if we alternate RON 95 & RON 97. DO you think will reduce the knocking ?

U will not feel knocking la. The ECU will adjust the timing so the intake valve will only open long enough to allow enough air fuel mixture in. So lesser air in the chamber, less compression when piston moving up lor. You won't know if this is happening la.

Even on RON97, that does not mean engine is running at maximum potential. Our engine can even benefit from RON98 la. That only mean anything above RON98 is waste of money.. :p :D

Top Bottom