BMW 320i f30 price

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the 110Nm torque difference shouldn't be compared on paper. drive a 320d for a week, and you will find the petrol versions lethargic on most roads.

andrewlim8;771825 said:
you meant even 328i will lose to 320d if race up to Genting (as 350nm vs 380nm) ??

yup. 30Nm difference when going uphill is substantial. tested.

andrewlim8;771821 said:
altough 270nm vs 380nm but the pick up from 0 to 100km/h is almost same , rite? so what is the point to have bigger torque?
Pick-up should be quicker on the 320D if you stomp you foot down as the 380Nm of torque will peak at a lower RPM range of 1,750-2,750.

The only issue with the Diesel one needs to get used to the "diesel clatter" or shall I say the "taxi sound"! Haha

ljsaw;771844 said:
Was told I can choose from 3M, Tint-Shop or Wingard. Not sure which is best.

Wow...you must have strucked a good bargain with your sales advisor. Mine did not give me any choice wor:mad:

c-square;771842 said:
Pick-up should be quicker on the 320D if you stomp you foot down as the 380Nm of torque will peak at a lower RPM range of 1,750-2,750.

The only issue with the Diesel one needs to get used to the "diesel clatter" or shall I say the "taxi sound"! Haha

how come pick up should be quicker on 320d, since both car have the same figure 7.6s for 0-100km/h ? maybe psychologically u will feel quicker bcos u have 380nm, rite ? haha....

andrewlim8;771878 said:
how come pick up should be quicker on 320d, since both car have the same figure 7.6s for 0-100km/h ? maybe psychologically u will feel quicker bcos u have 380nm, rite ? haha....

Good one ... torque in itself is not everything. There are other factors too such as gear ratios, the track etc. The manufacturer will match the torque with certain gear ratios for the purpose of the car. But again, that is 0-100 ... maybe the 'd' is faster from say 0-50? If you really want to know, you need to map out the whole 0-100 and see for yourself how each car is like through the 0-100 or even the quarter mile. Going up Genting is a different thing again. The corners are not long and some are steep. So the extra 30 nm will help you punch out of the corner. Gives you the kick.

The D gives you an illusion that the car is pulling fast but actually it is not. It is fast but not as fast as the owner think it is. A petrol powered car with 380nm torque is different story, it is really fast, no illusion.

The D is a good car, no doubt.

Eh? The 320i is no slouch and don't expect the d to just pull away. In fact, performance is neck and neck. Yes, d has huge 380 Nm but only for 1,000 rpms whereas the max. torque of the i is flat out maximum over 1,250 to 4,500 rpms i.e. 3 times wider spread. The d redlines at 4,500 rpm? I believe the i goes all the way up to 7,000 rpms. The i is lighter, with higher top speed. Up Genting I can understand how the d can leverage on its max rev band. On urban roads, it has no advantage over the i.

Not all kiloWatts and Newton metres are created equal.

was expecting i to be priced higher than d.....anyways.... already chosen d :)

Juan Powerblow;771911 said:
Eh? The 320i is no slouch and don't expect the d to just pull away. In fact, performance is neck and neck. Yes, d has huge 380 Nm but only for 1,000 rpms whereas the max. torque of the i is flat out maximum over 1,250 to 4,500 rpms i.e. 3 times wider spread. The d redlines at 4,500 rpm? I believe the i goes all the way up to 7,000 rpms. The i is lighter, with higher top speed. Up Genting I can understand how the d can leverage on its max rev band. On urban roads, it has no advantage over the i.

good explaination !

On other news guys...

I wanna check about the BMW ConnectedDrive. I read Paultan and it says it's not available on the 320d, but their recent piece on the 320i says the 320i CKD comes with ConnectedDrive.

BMW ConnectedDrive provides owners with complete USB and Bluetooth connectivity to link in smart phones and portable music players, providing on-board mobile office applications and on-board Internet.

Are they the same feature on the 320d and 320i?

Juan Powerblow;771911 said:

yes. the reason why turbo petrol engines do not need so high torque is because of power band. Diesel cars always suffer from short power band.

short power band means, there will more shifting in gears. shifting gear means, you lose pace.

where as the petrol engined dude is accelerating and holding gears, you are busy shifting (the gearbox that is)

diesel in Malaysia is still dodgy to me. and the "taxi" sound is..... not cool? haha.

Top Bottom