BMW 320i f30 price

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Here r two descriptions of Sport vs Sport+

Autocar UK:"Select Sport and it instantly feels even more alive ...And if you're feeling truly in the mood, there's a Sport+ setting available in this model as well, which brings yet crisper responses from the steering, gearbox and throttle, and turns the traction control to a fruitier setting for good measure."

Automobile:"Sport+ is the same as Sport, but switches the stability control to dynamic control."

In practical terms, it just means that Sport+ will allow some wheel spin. So if its true that 320i Luxury Line does not come with Sport+ mode, i think thats quite reasonable of BMW to assume those opting for the least powderful car with the 'Luxury' badge are not interested to rempitzz and wil not indulge in fishtailing.. :burnout:

Juan Powerblow;771951 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLhLvycpvUI

Notice how the 320i is a wee bit faster than 320d in this drag

Here's a result of an acceleration simulation comparing 328i vs 320d vs 320i.. which shows the same conclusion. The 320d's 380Nm torque will prevail only in the first 4 seconds, thereafter the flatter torque curve of the 320i will pull it slightly ahead and reach the top speed a second earlier. For those also contemplating the 328i and wonder if the additional 51k is worth paying.. check out the time it takes to reach 220km/h.. :burnout:

View attachment 26428

For Genting route, the diesel gain 4 sec on every corner and by the time u hit the 5th second, it‘s time to release throttle and the clock reset for the game to let the diesel take another head start for another 4 sec.. haha... the petrol boys will only hope the straights are a little longer while the diesel boys hope every straight ends at 4 seconds.. :4:

astroboy;772319 said:
For Genting route, the diesel gain 4 sec on every corner and by the time u hit the 5th second, it‘s time to release throttle and the clock reset for the game to let the diesel take another head start for another 4 sec.. haha... the petrol boys will only hope the straights are a little longer while the diesel boys hope every straight ends at 4 seconds.. :4:

haha.....u r really good !:top:

astroboy;772319 said:

To do that, one have to be at stand still at every corner. In sports mode, GB will remain in best torque gear :wink:

astroboy;772319 said:

Well put AB :top: .. the difference between the d and the i is really marginal.. we r talking about less than a car's length on a quarter-mile drag race.. so on a genting run starting from the gombak toll, the winner will be determined more by the software, ie the driver, rather than the hardware.. :4:

_M_;772306 said:
Here's a result of an acceleration simulation comparing 328i vs 320d vs 320i.. which shows the same conclusion. The 320d's 380Nm torque will prevail only in the first 4 seconds, thereafter the flatter torque curve of the 320i will pull it slightly ahead and reach the top speed a second earlier. For those also contemplating the 328i and wonder if the additional 51k is worth paying.. check out the time it takes to reach 220km/h.. :burnout:

View attachment 26428

Wow. This is certainly detailed. Yes, it's really marginal which brings me to one point, the 320i is awesome enough to murder most Japs and even direct competitors in its class I.e. the A4 1.8 TFSI and C200. It's an awesome deal. My only experience with this engine is in an F10, and I never feel for once it's underpowered. Love the racy note too at mid range

Test drove the 320i today and felt it slightly sluggish when starting off but i must say i didnt notice any of the sounds or rattles. The test car mileage was only 160 km on it probably no sounds as of yet.

Waiting period is approx 2 weeks to a month depending on color

ACS325i;773189 said:
Test drove the 320i today and felt it slightly sluggish when starting off but i must say i didnt notice any of the sounds or rattles. The test car mileage was only 160 km on it probably no sounds as of yet.

Waiting period is approx 2 weeks to a month depending on color

160 km is still pretty tight on the engine. For my F30 328i, I think its still tight below 3,000 kms. Can't wait for how it will feel after 10,000.

So does the 320 feels the same as 320d? I know acceleration times are almost similar..but wanna know the 'feel'

320d with a torque of 380Nm is just awesomes!! 320i torque is 270Nm. Acceleration cannot be similar.

Herbert;773524 said:
320d with a torque of 380Nm is just awesomes!! 320i torque is 270Nm. Acceleration cannot be similar.

320i's rpm is easily rave above 4000 rpm in order to get the power, and it is much quieter and smoother when acceleration.
however 320d doesnt need to rave that high rpm to feel the power. 320d will give you the "stick chair" and "kick" feeling when the moment you change to sport mode and accelerate. so the 10k difference is actually worth out of it.

anyone managed to get some discount or freebies from Johor bahru's AB?

me SE said can only offer me Rike Cool security film....

Leoabp;773672 said:
320i's is much quieter and smoother when acceleration.
Agreed ... The road noise is much quieter could be due to 50 series Bridgestone tyres ...but wind noise is still there ..:eek:

Top Bottom